It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vibes. How to get them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Over many posted topics i see about Astral Projection, i always read about 'the vibes' . A few questions for all you APers out there..
how do i get my body to feel the vibes,
what they feel like,
and can they be attained by anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I am also interested in hearing the answer to those questions,I've often wondered myself.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Useful 1diot
I am also interested in hearing the answer to those questions,I've often wondered myself.

Good!
i was starting to feel lonley on the posts.
everyone was talking about it and i was like " mmmhmmm i know waht youre talking about! "(yea right!)

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have not found a specific way to make your body vibrate. I can tell you that it has happened to me one time, when I was totally relaxed and I believe I was in alpha state, and I was so very still and I started to feel a vibrating inside my body it wasn't outside. It felt like when you sit in one of those vibramatic chairs only you feel it inside your body. It went away after about a minute and it hasn't happened since. It seems you feel it when you are in the silence.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
jus go get some lsd! or salvia divinorum ! haha. cos that 1 is legal,, few dried leaves in a bong and goodbye earth! .. do a google search on astral projection meditations, techniques, its all about breathing, relaxing, try chantin ooooOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm! those monks know wat theyre doin. only way to vibrate ur body without external sound is by using ur vocal chords.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I AP'd once, and haven't been able to do it since as it scared the living bejesus out of me, but I didn't feel any vibrations. There was a VERY distinct electrical buzzing/humming noise and it felt like an invisible force was pushing VERY hard down on me to stop me from getting up. The air felt absolutely drenched in electricity but again, no vibrating in/on/aroud my body.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
LordGoofus, same here, but i hear the buzzing/humming noise all the time
except im pretty sure I did it more than once, but the most recent one was Feb. 12th of this year

Anyways to me, It just happens randomly, so i cant help u there, all I can say is, when your mind is clear, you become aware of other noises, and sensation, its very difficult to understand how to clear your mind, I've been trying to get that part time after my last AP.

But clearing your mind is the main key, well the first step to AP( i think), and probably to everything. when I mean clear ur mind, I meant clear, its really hard to explain the feeling.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
To anyone interested in AP and the study of the astral world (aka dreamplane) check out www.mysticweb.org. They offer free on-line courses in developing one's ability to project. I've taken their nine-week astral projection course and in that time I had some very cool OBE's

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by info_junkee
jus go get some lsd! or salvia divinorum ! haha. cos that 1 is legal,, few dried leaves in a bong and goodbye earth! .. do a google search on astral projection meditations, techniques, its all about breathing, relaxing, try chantin ooooOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm! those monks know wat theyre doin. only way to vibrate ur body without external sound is by using ur vocal chords.

Hey, the liquid salvia is much better. It is the pure drug extracted and put in a bit of alcohol. It burns the tongue a bit, but it is so much better than inhaling smoke. It's also quicker and stronger.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
do some yoga positions or hand mudras, they will get you vibrating

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
well one simple word : pranajama

Do this breathing exercises for a couple of weeks and it will all make much more sense. I am no expert but i saw results on myself after only two weeks of everyday practice. And its harmless. For maximum performance sit in the real lotus position. The easier positions are less effective.

And good luck!

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Awareness is the key. There is a fine sheath of reality between wakefullness and sleep. It is reality but it often goes by unnoticed and unappreciated. Do you remember falling asleep last night? probably not. It is a moment, usually...You must find this moment and elongate it with various methods that only take practice for success.

The easiest way is sleep depravation...I dont suggest it..but if you happened to be awake for more than 24 hours, then now is your time to attempt it...If you were on drugs that kept you awake, sorry to say this will lessen the chances because they screw with your brain chemistry.--Im not being moral, I speak from experience.

When you are so exhauasted you can fall asleep in a second, this is great! try to keep the mind awake as the body falls asleep...Keep a forearm up, balancing on the elbow, when it drops, you should wake up...do it again and again, until you can isolate the moment, the feeling, until you are aware of tingles across your face and body or what seems to be the bed shaking, or for me what I thought was a seizure.

Another method would be meditation or clear mind training, focus on one thing and then nothing at all...This brings you to the closest point while being fully conscious, and then when the moment comes you are fully aware of it, unfortunately the miind wanders...or for me when I finally was able to keep clear mind for a 1/2 hr, I just wouldnt fall asleep...Still the beautiful experience of meditation like this is, blissful and still profound.

If you hold your hand over the edge of the bed and hold a dime between your fingers, when it slips as you fall into sleep, you will wake up, from the slip or from the sound of it hitting the floor...Just learn this moment and then it is only practice.

wake yourself in the middle of the night with an alarm, you will be very drowsy, this is optimum time. Keep awareness until the brink of sleep.

I can tell you these can be alarming experiences. I can tell you that fear can overwhelm you because sleep paralysis exsists in this stage also..You may have a moment when you cannot move, but are fully aware. This is a natural body defense that occurs so you cannot act out your dreams, yet awareness of it can be terrifying. There is a chance of the controversial hypnogigic and hypnopompic hallucinations at this time...what is real and what is not? Perception will tell you something is real because you touched it or it touched you, but does than mean it is real?--Or is it a way for the brain to process information that it doesnt have proper channels to decipher. The outcome maybe a deformed or corrupted perception of processed data...

Before you begin, know there is an entire world in this moment between wakefulness and sleep, perhaps several worlds, planes of existence, information that the brain or the mind is not accustomed to processing consciously.--Transendental meditation, ESP, astral project, OOBEs are born from here...Sometimes it feels as though you cannot control it sometimes things just make no sense here.

I believe there is no harm in exploring this world, but there are many that would beg to differ...research the subject,,, If vibrations are natural for you then you have a higher awareness and should possible explore the deeper relm.

Kris

There are many more suggestions on ATS, these just happen to be methods that I noticed worked for me. We have discussed this countless times in the past

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have experienced that moment when you are awake but cannot move your body. It is scary, when you dont understand what is happening. Now i know what it is i shall attempt to duplicate.
Will report results.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jehova620
I have experienced that moment when you are awake but cannot move your body. It is scary, when you dont understand what is happening. Now i know what it is i shall attempt to duplicate.
Will report results.

Hey I havent been on here in some time, but I know there were many methods discussed and successful results posted...there were so many good ideas and positive results. The most important thing is to build strenght and confidence of the mind and lose any fear of the experience. Good luck Jehova620

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've experienced vibrational feeling or a sudden jolt when my consciousness appears to be resynchronizing with the body or when it's emerging from within the body. I don't think it's the body that's vibrating as much as your spiritual self. I've found myself making very abrupt movements, such as diving or kicking, to get back in, only to find everything still and quiet.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lchoro
I've experienced vibrational feeling or a sudden jolt when my consciousness appears to be resynchronizing with the body or when it's emerging from within the body. I don't think it's the body that's vibrating as much as your spiritual self. I've found myself making very abrupt movements, such as diving or kicking, to get back in, only to find everything still and quiet.

true, the physical body is not vibrating...the vibrations are the seperating of the astral body...If you hold out long enough...and dont fight it, you can seperate successfully at this time....Fear must be abandoned or the experience will end here...At first, Most fight against it until they break free of the paralysis because the vibrations can be uncomfortable and or frightening...Not to mention possibly accompanied by electricity type sounds/visions..flashing lights, foreboding feelings..ect.

If you wish to end the experience, try to move one finger then hand then arm instead of trying to scream or twist...depending on your position, you may be able to roll "out of it" but start with a finger. You will not be able to call out in this stage of the game.

If you have the vibes and want to continue....Attempt to recognize the etheric body and move its finger and gently seperate...For me there is nothing gentle about it, I get stuck and "pop" out by force, but hey it works.

If you have any question that your experience may have been a dream and not a seperation, then it was a dream. If you have no question about it and find yourself to be one of those "freaks" who now believes in OOBES and APs such as I did, then you experienced a true seperation--what I beleive to be a natural event, not a dream, and certainly not imagination

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I know nothing about this stuff, but have become interested and have a few questions.

Every so often while dreaming, I'll come to a point where I KNOW that I'm dreaming. When this happens, I'm much more likely to let my hair down and have some fun in dreamland.

First of all, is this common?

Secondly, is this a possible form af astral traveling?

Does anyone have any suggestion to make this experience more interesting or enlightening?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i recommend wearing extremely loose clothing (or no clothing)
make sure you're not feeling stressed in any way at the moment
lay down in a position thats comfortable to you
dont lay in some awkward position just because it says so in a book
i've read that laying with your arms directly to your sides is the best way to go, but being comfortable is more comfortable
i lay with my left arm up and right arm down and that works for me for some reason
whatever works for you
also, a lot of times when youre trying you start thinking things like "oh i think i'm close to being there but DAMN i have to scratch my nose!"
in that case, SCRATCH your nose!
fidget as much as you can until youre completely comfortable
thats why i recommend the loose or no clothing
anything that would make you fidgety in any way pretty much nils any chances in my experience
once youre completely comfortable and you feel it beginning to happen, try not to freak out and panic
i kept getting to that "almost there" point and losing it only because i freaked out

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
If you wish to end the experience, try to move one finger then hand then arm instead of trying to scream or twist...depending on your position, you may be able to roll "out of it" but start with a finger. You will not be able to call out in this stage of the game.

interesting technique
i always compared the experience to being out at sea
where if you want to end the experience, you just stop moving completely and the tides will wash you back up onto shore
or where your spirit 'body'and your physical body are connected by an invisible fishing line and when you stop moving around, your physical body will reel you back in

or y'know, some other non-fishing related examples

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merricat_
I have not found a specific way to make your body vibrate. I can tell you that it has happened to me one time, when I was totally relaxed and I believe I was in alpha state, and I was so very still and I started to feel a vibrating inside my body it wasn't outside. It felt like when you sit in one of those vibramatic chairs only you feel it inside your body. It went away after about a minute and it hasn't happened since. It seems you feel it when you are in the silence.

I definitely agree with you. It is something tha has happened to me a few times and always during this I feel a sensation like fingertips stroking me. It is not uneasant, just highly intense since part of me is looking at my body and seeing nothing there causing that sensation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join