It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 guns stolen after Waller County sheriff's official vehicle burglarized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Thieves have stolen eight guns from a Texas sheriff's official vehicle that was parked outside a Houston-area restaurant during lunch. The Waller County Sheriff's Office says Sheriff Glenn Smith reported four department guns and four of his personal weapons were taken. Smith says one of his law enforcement jackets was also stolen by thieves who broke into his county-issued pickup truck Saturday at a restaurant in Katy.

www.chron.com...

Anyway, most LE officers I know say leaving guns in an unoccupied vehicle is a big no-no. Now some bad actor has eight guns and a police jacket! How stupid of that sheriff!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Eight guns unattended and apparently not secured by anything? Wonder if they were visible to the thief and that prompted the break in. Sounds like somebody is going to have some serious explaining to do...

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
And conveniently, the security cameras in the back of the restaurant where this truck was parked were not working!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Whats he doing with 4 of his own guns in a cop car?

Sure this aint some sort of insurance scam where he says he had 4 limited edition guns worth 2-3k each when in fact they was worth 2-300 bucks the entire lot as they were scrappers?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Carrying your own weapons is not uncommon. Details on the stolen guns have been entered in national and Texas crime data bases.

I would be looking at the workers in that restaurant. Someone may have known the cameras were out and someone else may have been keeping an eye on the deputy.

The jacket is most worrisome.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'd also have to ask why there were eight guns in that cop car. Now an officer usually has one handgun on him, there is a shotgun in most police cars, and there could be a rifle or possibly two in the trunk in some patrol cars. Why was an officers personal guns in the vehicle?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The story gets better, though a little more confusing, when one looks at other sources:

There were actually TWO trucks broken in to. One belonging to the sheriff, which is apparently a marked pickup truck, and another belonging to a county commissioner. The commissioner had two guns stolen from his truck, as well.

Why does the sheriff have so many guns? Because he's received death threats ever since the Sandra Bland incident, and apparently he feels that having a sidearm and shotgun and/or patrol carbine isn't sufficient to protect himself.

How exactly it is he planned to get into the "concealed carry pouches" he slung up in the backseat of his truck during an attack on him escapes me, but there you have it.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

standard for a city cruiser is i THINK the following:
(assumes a two officer patrol)
1. driver's side arm(handgun)

2.shot gun and AR in gun rack(some times two ar's) infront

3. passenger officers side arm(handgun)

4. beanbag/less then lethal shotgun in trunk(usually orange in color)
so thats 5 right there

and alot of police officers carry a back up handgun so 8 dosen't seem to unreasonable but they should have been better secured

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ahhhh...I'm sure they will come in handy to the highest bidder...what a dope...he should be fired...and then prosecuted if someone gets killed with one of these weapons...

top topics

join