It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images Show Turkey Covertly Constructing Airbase in Northern Iraq

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Maybe they were foolish enough to believe what NATO and the US were showing them and telling them .Not like the PM is going to go look for himself now is it ?

What does he not have a military, planes that fly over Iraq, and you are going to believe you could build a base in a country without them knowing it...really think that could happen?

And the OP says distinctly this was Turkey working on this base not NATO...but if NATO was allowed to build this Turkey has every right to use a NATO base since they are part of the organization.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: spy66

It was not Turkey who started on this base initially. Turkey have taken it upon them selves to use this base on invite from a thrid party.

Am I writing in a language that isn't known to humans?

I don't doubt anything to do with the base or who used it, or even that Iraq want them gone...my problem is the fact this base has been known for a year and Iraq didn't know this base was being worked on for at least a year when pics have been online that long?

THe reason Iraq dont approve of this is because Turkey never asked the Iraqi government if they could use this. The Thrid party who have the IRaqi approval..... have no leagal right to allow the Turkish military to use the base.

Never questioned that and that isn't the problem here...it's the fact that this can't be some secret covert base Iraq didn't know about when it has been known for a year the base was being worked on by Turkey.

Again I don't believe this could happen without knowledge of it by Iraq...remember Russia is in the ear of Iraq which makes me think they are doing this for Russia.

That is common sense to anyone. that a thrid party cant invite a other nations military to man up a base within Iraq.

It's also common sense to know that if pics of this base have been online for a year it is far from being covert, or unknown by Iraq.

Iraq New. They had given the Third party i mentioned approval. That means Iraq did know that the bases was being built and who was building it. That is why there were no big News about it.

What the Iraqi government didnt know until a last week was that Turkey were bringing in military personel to do military training there... without the approval of the Iraqi government.

Turkey were allowed to use the base byt the Third party lenders. That is big News and a big problem.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not very "covert" either from what I can see...right out in the open.

Seems to me that since the shoot-down, Turkey has been getting the lion's share of the media smear. They've been jerks for a lot longer than that. I wonder what has changed?

Turkey not doing what's been agreed upon or expected of them?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

The Iraqi military is a bad joke, a bunch of untrained kids brought in after "mission accomplished".

I don't deny that and that has nothing to do with what I am addressing.

It would not surprise me in the slightest that they are only finding this now.

So you think it's that easy to go into another country and build an airbase and that country not know about...it isn't that is why it doesn't happen.

Sure # look at what happened when they took on ISIS, out numbered them nearly 10 to 1 and just turned and high tailed it out of there and then ISIS flourished in their own back garden.

And that has what to do with what I am addressing?

But regardless of if they knew about a year ago or just last week they don't want it happening, Turkey has gotta get the fudge out of there.

I never said they shouldn't, but if this was known about a year ago the OP source is lying because this wouldn't be covert or unknown to Iraq as the OP source states.

Remember we are trying to Deny Ignorance here not promote it.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Not very "covert" either from what I can see...right out in the open.

Seems to me that since the shoot-down, Turkey has been getting the lion's share of the media smear. They've been jerks for a lot longer than that. I wonder what has changed?

Turkey not doing what's been agreed upon or expected of them?

Correct...

Initially the base in question was set up to Train Peshmerga forces.

The deal was struck by the Iraqi government and President Massoud Barzani and Turkish Foreign Minister Feridun Sinirlioğlu.

But the base was only approved for training of Peshmerga forces. Not for Turkey to use the base as their own forward base of operations and training.

The excuse Turkey are using at the moment is that the build up of Turkish forces and hardware is for self protection only.

But still this would need Iraqi approval, and it is not given.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
But regardless of if they knew about a year ago or just last week they don't want it happening, Turkey has gotta get the fudge out of there.

Why ?

Because you said so ?

Musul speaks Turkish , accepts Turkish Money , Watches Turkish TV , culturally they are as close to Turks as they can be .

They are certainly not close to Bagdat nor Iran .

Turks ain't going anywhere and leaving Musul - Kerkuk - Suleymaniye and Erbil to the mercy of Iran / ISIS .

Turks have the deeds of these areas and also I believe there is an agreement which states that in case of Iraq being dissolved ; there areas will go back to Turks .

Local people's preference to see Istanbul as their capital [ like how they did for last 500 years ] not Bagdat .

If Iraq & Syria are going to break up into smaller nations ; why is it surprising that some of these new nations
will want to join with Turks ?

More importantly do you realise how ignorant it is to interpret these events with inherited bias ?

You are at a correct venue ; ATS does a swell job in denying ignorance .

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

So you think the Turkish government has the right to do as they wish against the sitting government of Iraq? Not because I say so the goddamn Iraqi government says so. So stop with you self entitlement bs. The Iraqi government wants them gone. End of, it's illegal and an act of aggression.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

who so much attitude?

Its land inside Iraq.
Iraq doesn't want them there
They are a foreign nations military
Iraq has asked them to leave

.. leave your ego at home - that's why Turkey needs to go

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

So you think the Turkish government has the right to do as they wish against the sitting government of Iraq? Not because I say so the goddamn Iraqi government says so. So stop with you self entitlement bs. The Iraqi government wants them gone. End of, it's illegal and an act of aggression.

Bollocks !!!

You need to learn about the " Spirit of the Law vs Letter of the Law " .

If Iraq stays in tact , Turks will withdraw .

Turks weren't born yesterday ; they not gonna walk out and leave the city to Persian forces .

Iraqi government is not in control of Musul , they have no Jurisdiction therefore what they say at this point in time has no relevance .

Do you know how many in Musul would be slaughtered if it wasn't for Turks ?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

who so much attitude?

Its land inside Iraq.
Iraq doesn't want them there
They are a foreign nations military
Iraq has asked them to leave

.. leave your ego at home - that's why Turkey needs to go

There is a chronic Turk-can-do-nothing-right-because-they-are-Turks crowd here on ATS .
It gets boring to deal with the same nonsense all the time .
Turkish PM already wrote to Iraqi PM and assured him that Turks have no long term desire to own a piece of Iraqi land .
If Iraq is divided into 3-4 pieces obviously all bets are off .

As far as legal and lawfull side of things and as well as the moral side of things , Turks has to do what Turks have to do .

Also Musul is not a foreign nation to Turks neither Turkey is a stranger land to Musul .

Facts on the gorund sometimes dictates what is happening and this is one such case ; nothing to do with Turks being aggressive .

I suppose chronic ignorance gets on my tits a bit .

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

that's a load of nonsense. do you get on your own tits often?

Are you missing the obvious here?

Syria and Iraq do not want the US or Turkey involved in their affairs.
There's enough evidence out there that Turkey, the US and Saudi are the ones supporting ISIS.

Turkey is using ISIS to smuggle oil from Syria but it is currently being bombed.
So Turkey are now trying to use their military to setup a smuggling network via Iraq

Iraq have asked Turkeys military to leave - as they have crossed the border without invitation - which is illegal.

Anything else is mute!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Where were the Turks when ISIS ran over Mosul?

It was Peshmerga forces who took Mosul back after ISIS left. ISIS actually left Mosul after they were dont there, as ISIS do With moste of the cities they run over. They just leave.

The only reason Turkey were interested in Mosul was to help Train the Peshmerga forces by Peshmerga request. Turkey only had one handfull of Advisors there initially.

PS. Did you know that Norwegian SF are doing the same thing... training Iraqi Peshmerga forces?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
PS. Did you know that Norwegian SF are doing the same thing... training Iraqi Peshmerga forces?

That confirms it ... ISIS enters, then they leave and other "non ski masked" soldiers take over.

That Norway is training them, only confirms NATO is involved.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

that's a load of nonsense. do you get on your own tits often?

you need to be specific .

Are you missing the obvious here?

nope , you definetely are though .

Syria and Iraq do not want the US or Turkey involved in their affairs.

Nations of Syria & Iraq are dead , morte , kaput . Neither country has the control of their land or population, That is de facto primea facia evidence which you are in ignorance off .

There's enough evidence out there that Turkey, the US and Saudi are the ones supporting ISIS.

Evidence where ? At aunty Putin's favorite hangout , the KGB/FSB Kitchen ? There are proper International Courts in existence you know ? It begs the question as to why this so called " Evidence " of yours is not at the hands of a prosecutor , doesn't it ?
That is the second ignorant thing to do ; Accuse without proper proof .

Turkey is using ISIS to smuggle oil from Syria but it is currently being bombed.

Oh for crying outloud , Turks use 640.000 barrels of oil everday . You are alleging that a 10.000 barrels of oil is being smuggled . Besides , Musul & Kirkuk Region has 3 million barrel a day production and they are coming home to Istanbul too .
You seemed to have bought the mainstream media version of " How things are ? " .
Mainstream Media is by and large guilty of ignorance on a grand scale .
Accusations need proving in the Court of Law and Russia is nowhere near any Court Building , anywhere .
They are just busy press conferences and press releases .

So Turkey are now trying to use their military to setup a smuggling network via Iraq

Now you are being mathematically ignorant . Turks have just signed a deal with Qatar , effectively solving their oil supply problem . Azerbaycan also has lowered oil prices for Turks to the tune of % 40 . Turkmenistan is offering 30 dollars a barrell to Turks .
Musul & Kirkuk already produces 3 million barrel a day .
You think Turks would worry about smuggled oil ?

Seriously , all the evidence points out the Turks having no need for smuggled oil yet if I am not mistaken , you seem to ignore these evidences , why is that ?

Iraq have asked Turkeys military to leave - as they have crossed the border without invitation - which is illegal.

Anything else is mute!

Actually , in order to give an order , one has to have Authority to do so . Iraq Central Government hasn't been able to give any effective order to Musul for 20 years now .
As explained before , In Law there is a situation where the " Spirit of the Law " comes into conflict with the " Letter of the Law " ; this is one such a case .
You are projecting a power to Central Iraq Government which itself doesn't posses .

You wouldn't even be able to file a claim in the Court of Law with what you got against Turks .
People in Musul want Turks to stay despite what Bagdat claims . If and when one day this issue comes before a Court of Law ; The City of Musul residents would say " We are not under Bagdat Jurisdiction " .
Which is not an ignorant thing to say at all .

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Where were the Turks when ISIS ran over Mosul?

I suppose you don't remember but Turks had 49 embassy workers taken hostage by ISIS at that point and they were trying not to get their citizens beheaded .

It was Peshmerga forces who took Mosul back after ISIS left. ISIS actually left Mosul after they were dont there, as ISIS do With moste of the cities they run over. They just leave.

Right , ISIS is not a real threat to a well trained Peshmerga force which brings me to my main point ; Turks Trained Peshmerga forces and co-operate with them time to time .

The only reason Turkey were interested in Mosul was to help Train the Peshmerga forces by Peshmerga request. Turkey only had one handfull of Advisors there initially.

That is true but not for the reasons you believe . Local population supports integration with Ankara . they simply prefer to be part of Turkey then Iraq or Iran .

No problem with Norwegians train peshmerga forces ; why should I ?

The roots of the Middle East’s many conflicts lie in the unraveling of the Ottoman Empire at the beginning of the twentieth century and the failure since then to forge a stable regional order.

As the international community works toward securing a durable peace in the region, its leaders would be wise to remember the lessons of history.

Carl Bildt.
Read more at www.project-syndicate.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Turkey is like Israel it takes advantage of being Americas ally, puppet and does anything it wants while hiding behind Americas skirts.

America thereby empowering evil

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

No problem with Norwegians train peshmerga forces ; why should I ?

Because i know you are not telling the truth. That is why i mentioned the Nor SF.

They are at three specific locations in Iraq. And one of them are at Mosul omeg.

They are telling us what is going on there today.

Why did Turkey bring over 20 tanks and 4 combat helicopeters(spesific number) into that base?

And why are the US SF doing drone flights around the geo-location of that base?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
With all the spy- satellites and Google Earth flying around the planet, doing anything like this "covertly" seems out of the question these days. This is being done overtly, like much else Turkey is doing these days. I just wonder how all this is sitting with real big dogs of NATO.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Turkey is like Israel it takes advantage of being Americas ally, puppet and does anything it wants while hiding behind Americas skirts.

America thereby empowering evil

The U.S. is just 'playing friends" for the moment. That can and will change on a dime when Turkey has outlived it's usefulness. Damn, I hate saying that about my own country.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Reading this thread has made me infinitely unhappy. : (

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join