It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images Show Turkey Covertly Constructing Airbase in Northern Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

So like Russia gets the green light from Baghdad to send a barrage of cruse Missiles from the Black Sea ,but only after they have their toys there and followed by a bombing campaign that will go viral on YT ....done and done . eta ..

Not from the Black Sea but from the Caspian Sea.
edit on 9/12/2015 by tommyjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: 23432

No problem with Norwegians train peshmerga forces ; why should I ?

Because i know you are not telling the truth. That is why i mentioned the Nor SF.

They are at three specific locations in Iraq. And one of them are at Mosul omeg.

They are telling us what is going on there today.

Why did Turkey bring over 20 tanks and 4 combat helicopeters(spesific number) into that base?

And why are the US SF doing drone flights around the geo-location of that base?

What truth are you on about I have no idea .

Norweigians training Peshmerga is good for Kurds , so I am ok with it . Especially these are the Kurds who side with Turks in the area ; well , I am happy as a Larry about the situation .

Why did Turks brought Tanks & Helicopters ?

To defend the City from enemies , why else ?

Why does USA fly drones in the area ? To gather intelligence I presume .

Does your base report any hostilities towars Turkish soldiers from the locals ?

It doesn't , because local Musul people like to stay with Turks so they invited Turks to Musul .

Barzani was in Ankara yesterday and he got 8 billion dollar aid from Ankara .

I don't know what they teach you in Norway about Turk - Kurd situation . I will ask you to consider the fact that the most successfull Kurdish area in the WORLD is Iraqi Kurdistan and Turks built it up with their support in last 20 years .

Both Barzani & Talabani have Turkish Passports for 20 years now .

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Check this out ....

After the U.S. invasion of Iraq the U.S vice consul Paul Bremer tried to install a handpicked Iraqi government. The top Shia religious authority in Iraq, Grand Ajatollah Sistani, demanded a democratic vote. The issue was thereby decided. There was no way the U.S could have circumvented Sisitani's edict without a massive revolt by the 65% of Iraqis who are Shia and mostly follow his advice. Bremer had to fold.

Now Ajatollah Sistani takes position against the Turkish invasion of Iraq:

Iraq's top Shi'ite cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, called on the government on Friday to show "no tolerance" of any infringement of the country's sovereignty, after Turkey deployed heavily armed troops to northern Iraq.
Sistani's spokesman, Sheikh Abdul Mehdi Karbala'i, did not explicitly name Turkey, but a row over the deployment has badly soured relations between Ankara and Baghdad, which denies having agreed to it.
"The Iraqi government is responsible for protecting Iraq's sovereignty and must not tolerate and side that infringes upon on it, whatever the justifications and necessities," Karbalai'i said in a weekly sermon.

The issue is thereby decided. Turkish troops will have to leave or will have to decisively defeat all Shia of Iraq (and Iran). If Erdogan were smart he would now order the Turkish troops stationed near Mosul to leave Iraq.
www.moonofalabama.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Norweigians training Peshmerga is good for Kurds , so I am ok with it .
a reply to: 23432

Our SF are invited by the Iraqi government. Turkey is not invited by the Iraqi government, but by the Kurds. But, they dont have the authority to invite Turkey into Iraq. Iraq is a soveregin nation run by a elected government.

To defend the City from enemies , why else ?

The base that the Turkes are at is not in Mosul, but about 15 km outside of it. So the Turks are not protecting Mosul.

Why did Turks brought Tanks & Helicopters ?

Turkey stat that it is for protection their forces and Pesh....

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Its actually for ISIS as they are Turkeys goon squad. Just another part of the plan to conquer as many nations as possible for Turkeys Fourth Caliphate. Iraq would be easy for them unless Russia or Iran steps in and puts their foot down. I am willing to bet China would not like that either but they have big problems in their own country. Getting enough troops in that part of the world would be a hard task for them as they are big but can not project power like the Russians or the U.S. can yet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join