It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Entire Planet Can Go Solar Right Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

If it were powering the US, there would be a national grid and power would mostly come from the west.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
.. bad for weaponization.

That's an interesting point. I was wondering why it never caught on.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon
Somebody made those. Was a post on them a while back.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

originally posted by: ArchAngel_X
Until the alternative energy sector can begin to offer politicians kickbacks and bribes on the order of magnitude that the fossil fuel industry has been doing for the past century, you will never see it take hold in our corner of the world.

So maybe that is the answer.. you have to bribe them unfortunately.. or kill .. err get rid of them.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

It depends on the region.. the UK is not the sunniest place in the world. It would have to come on a grid from a different region.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Great thread. Sure there are a few things we don't have renewable energy for--Aircraft-rockets, but most everything could be solar with a little wind, thermal, hydroelectric thrown into the mix.

We could get rid of all of our coal, oil and nuclear power plants. We could run all our vehicles from electric power. We could run all of our motorcycles on electric power. We could totally get rid of our reliance on foreign oil and cut ties with Saudi Arabia and stop having wars over oil.

We have the Technology to do that now. That would in itself cut out most of our Global Warming and pollution issues. No more smog. But will we? There are plenty of Solar companies out there that will install panels on your house that will provide you with 90-95 percent of all power you need for no money down. The only downside is you have to keep em there for a number of years. Which of course, is not a problem if you plan on living in your house for a number of years.

Remember that we already had this technology decades ago, with our solar powered calculators. I have one on my desk. Never needs to be outside, gets all of it's power from the lights in my office.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

sorry but NO. that
theory is wrong, false..... The Sun is not nuclear fusion or burning anything... Man The sun is F::::ing cold on the surface ... ignore that and You can swallow Your degree xx

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo
Imagine for a moment I want to believe you. Why should I?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo
a reply to: chr0naut

sorry but NO. that
theory is wrong, false..... The Sun is not nuclear fusion or burning anything... Man The sun is F::::ing cold on the surface ... ignore that and You can swallow Your degree xx

But I can feel the sun's heat.

I can also concentrate its heat with a magnifying glass and burn things.

If the sun is cold, why does it produce this heat?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

So where does the heat I feel when the sun shines on me come from?

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
That "small square" is the size of connecticut. Are you kidding me.

First I repeat First one needs to solve the problem of solar panels and batteries using large amounts of rare earth metals.

To just come out and say OMG it is just so easy why are we not just building millions of panels. Why can't idiots figure it out omg. It sounds like a joke. If it was that easy it would be done, and by people who understand real cost, real issues.

The size of connecticut, we suddenly are not worried about the environment? what about the huge amounts of pollution and land destruction by mining these large quantities of rare metal.

Don't even get me started on solar roads, I actually build roads for a living.

start local, convince your fellow man that it is worth their tax dollars to buy land, make the land suitable for panels , build the panels, mantain them, replace them, decommission them.

Panels will be competitive someday but not now. I'm glad the internet did not exist 130 years ago, It really would have sucked listening to people complain that fridges, lights, cars, electricity, ice, toliets, etc, etc are not coming along fast enough we need to do something NOW.

I hope I am alive when fossil fuels really do skyrocket thus causing brainpower and capital to gravitate towards finding real solutions to it.
edit on 11-12-2015 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Sorry for the delayed reply.. just saw this.

If it didn't work financially, there wouldn't be so many large installations.

Also, yes maybe size of CT but it doesn't have to be all in one place; can be connected to a grid, also can occupy space mostly on rooftops like Elon had mentioned.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The key to the massive adoption of Solar energy will be in the inventions of new battery technologies to store that energy.
Promising research involving Graphene may really help. Other research in fuel cells, also involving Graphene are ongoing as well. On the mechanical side, breakthroughs in the efficiency of brushless DC motors will help things enormously.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
What if someone built a machine that put out lots of power out of a small box. Take a 370 amp. mechmann alternator, 3 or 4 12 volt battery's, a charge controller , a 36 volt solar panel, a car starter without the solenoid and an iron tube 1/8 inch thick by a 6 inch dia. with a coil on the inside and another iron tube inside that where the coil is made like the transformer coil in a microwave then you put in distilled water and vacuum seal it. The solar panel charges the battery. The battery runs the car starter. The car starter turns the alternator. The Alternating current from the alternator sends current to the coiled iron tube and the iron tube send current to a fuse box. The trick is you have to jump start a current to the alternator so it gives out power to the iron tube so that can give power to the alternator to the battery and to the fuse box. When wired properly with a potensiometer can give out a current (depending on the speed of the alternator) of about 20,000 Watts. It will do this until the starter burns out. Well placed voltage regulators helps, but the car starter motor cain't keep on spinning long periods of time. It gets hot and burns itself out. MAYBE someone can fix this problem.

posted on Jan, 11 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Free power isn't profitable

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yes it is. Selling the parts that make the power. How can this NOT be profitable ? Is it NOT profitable to sell solar Panels ?

edit on 12-1-2016 by operayt because: spelling

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: operayt

Once you buy those parts, how does the governing body profit from the energy you have the ability to make?

Taxes?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You can ALWAYS garentee Death and TAXES. The governing body has enough money, why do they need more ?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: operayt

You can ALWAYS garentee Death and TAXES. The governing body has enough money, why do they need more ?

haha... are you really asking that question?

There is never enough money... its a debt based system with "people" stealing anything that removes said debt

IF "They" promoted a way to be self reliant on powering everything easily... what would happen to the "energy" companies?

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It would generate jobs in making products that make energy and loose jobs that don't. It would rid our planet of the auwful nuclear waste and coal pollution and revolutionize the industry in transportation, heating, cooling, parts that make electrical current and portable power to other planets and in space. Electrical energy to power all things. The only draw backs are we are soooooo electrically dependant as it is, but it will stimulate the economy in spending more of their dollars on other goods than some bill you get in the mail.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join