It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Haven’t Been Wrong Since 1975

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sanders will be Ron Pauled, I guarantee it. It will be interesting seeing how frustrated the majority of liberals will be because of it.

In the end, against all odds it will somehow come down to Hillary and Bush, and everyone will be like wtf?! I dont even think they will let Trump go that far even tho he has persistenty been smashing all the other repubs.

All logic will be defied once again and people will still refuse to see that the system is rigged.
edit on 6-12-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
A...mock...election, with a sample size of 1527 people, who aren't even likely to vote as university students are gung-ho for talking about politics, but absent when the game begins.

I suppose it's not all that surprising coming from a people that allow a groundhog to decide if winter is over or not.

edit on 6-12-2015 by VictoriaCromwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
All of this can be found and backed up @ BernieSandersOnTheIssues

But what has Bernie done lately for Americans, and what will he do for Americans if elected? Let me tell you...Introduced legislation requiring employers to provide at least 10 days of paid vacation per year, as is done in almost every other developed country in the world, Cosponsored Sen. Patty Murray’s Healthy Families Act, which would guarantee seven days of paid sick leave per year for American workers, Cosponsored Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s FAMILY Act, which would guarantee every employee twelve weeks of paid family and medical leave.

This program would be funded through an insurance program, the way Social Security is today. Workers would pay into it with every paycheck, at the price of roughly one cup of coffee per week, Led the fight in 1999 defending Glass-Steagall provisions which prevented banks (especially “too big to fail” ones) from gambling with customers’ money, and currently is a co-sponsor of the Elizabeth Warren/John McCain bill to reinstate those provisions, Has proposed a financial transaction tax which will reduce risky and unproductive high-speed trading and other forms of Wall Street speculation; proceeds would be used to provide debt-free public college education.

Warned about the risks of deregulation eight years before the fiscal crisis of 2008, Has proposed limiting the ability of bankers to get rich from taxpayer bailouts of their institutions, Require Medicare to use its bargaining power to negotiate with the prescription drug companies for better prices – a practice that is currently banned by law, Allow individuals, pharmacists, and wholesalers to import prescription drugs from licensed Canadian pharmacies, In 1999, Sanders became the first Member of Congress to take a busload of Americans across the border into Canada to purchase prescription drugs. Americans should not have to pay higher prices for the exact same drugs than our Canadian neighbors simply because_

congress is bought and paid for by the powerful pharmaceutical industry, Require generic drug companies to pay an additional rebate to Medicaid if their drug prices rise faster than inflation, Authored the historic Veterans’ Access, Choice and Accountability Act to improve care and increase accountability at the VA, Introduced legislation to restore all cuts to military pensions.

Senator Sanders’ Rebuild America Act would more than double the current level of funding for the highway and transit accounts of the Highway Trust Fund, and would create a National Infrastructure Bank to leverage private capital to finance more than $125 billion in new projects.

The Rebuild America Act will invest $75 billion to upgrade our passenger and freight rail lines, to move people and goods more quickly and efficiently. It’s time for America to catch up with the rest of the world, The Rebuild America Act will invest an additional $15 billion over five years to clear the backlog of projects to improve inland waterways, coastal harbors and shipping channels.

Our businesses simply can’t compete in the global economy if they can’t move their goods and supplies to, from and within our country more efficiently, The Rebuild America Act will invest $5 billion a year to expand high-speed broadband networks in under-served and un-served areas, and to boost speeds and capacity all across the country. Internet access is no longer a luxury: it is essential for 21st century commerce, education, telemedicine, and public safety.

Putting at least 13 million Americans to work by investing $1 trillion over five years towards rebuilding our crumbling roads, bridges, railways, airports, public transit systems, ports, dams, wastewater plants, and other infrastructure needs, Reversing trade policies like NAFTA, CAFTA, and PNTR with China that have driven down wages and caused the loss of millions of jobs. If corporate America wants us to buy their products they need to manufacture those products IN THIS COUNTRY not in China or other low-wage countries.

Guaranteeing healthcare as a right of citizenship by enacting a Medicare for all single-payer healthcare system. It’s time for the U.S. to join every major industrialized country on earth and provide universal healthcare to all, Making it easier for workers to join unions by fighting for the Employee Free Choice Act. One of the most significant reasons for the 40-year decline in the middle class is that the rights of workers to collectively bargain for better wages and benefits have been severely undermined.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Can you imagine how damaging seeing the name "Ted Cruz" on a ballot might be to someone who firmly "feels the Bern?"

Hmmm. *considering*

--------------------
Response:
Nope -It wouldn't be 'damaging' -- It would be a call of: LET'S RUMBLE!!!

Cruz is a no-wayer. He'll win when the voters of the USA get to the intersection of NE and VER.

If you actually support this guy, well -
I weep for this country. And your kid. And my kids. And my nieces and nephews and their kids.

edit on 12/6/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: typo....fast fingers. lol

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnthePhilistine
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Yeah, that's great news if you are a communist and think the US Constitution is just a piece of paper.

It is.
A legal document which can be amended, albeit a difficult one to amend, but amendable nonetheless.
It is not a holy book lol, no matter how much you may, or may not, wish it to be so.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My 5-year-old is pretty brilliant too, but he has el zilcho in the wisdom department, and that's the problem with kids on a campus.

Your kid is FIVE.

As in, one two three four five.

Nowhere near comparable to campus students, and if you are intending to back that assertion up with sources, then please do.
In the meantime I must wonder if you were only as wise as a five-year-old when you were in college!!

Yes, lots of young adults (not FIVE-YEAR OLDS) think they know a lot.....it's a normal part of adolescence. An adolescent's job is to discover who they are, how they are different from their parents, with which people they most identify, what they want to make of themselves, how they are going to do that, and (in the case of wise youths) WHY they are going to do that, WHY they feel that way, etc. Sadly, MANY adolescents aren't allowed the room to do that. Leash is held too tight - muzzle prevents vocalization.

But lots of others know they don't know "everything" - especially if they are intelligent, educated, open-minded critical thinkers with thoughtful, educated parents.

Still - not your fault. We aren't all fortunate enough to be raised that way.

Family Systems Theory/Fact. It's a thing.

individuals cannot be understood in isolation from one another, but rather as a part of their family, as the family is an emotional unit. Families are systems of interconnected and interdependent individuals, none of whom can be understood in isolation from the system.

One of the best ways to begin therapy and to gain understanding of how the emotional system operates in your family system is to put together your family genogram.

Studying your own patterns of behavior, and how they relate to those of your multigenerational family, reveals new and more effective options for solving problems and for changing your response to the automatic role you are expected to play.

edit on 12/6/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've noticed some bit of myopic pseudo-intellectual lean since 1974

the price for the universities went through the roof.....just about at that time......I signed up for 21 credit hours in Austin back in 1971....and the cost was $ 780.00 dollars
.....books with the labs......210

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: theonenonlyone

I'm Canadian, so I may not quite understand the system, but no one voted for Hillary Clinton? All jokes aside, surely someone would? Is she not in the running anymore?

Hillary is still in the running. The way these mock elections work is that they take what basically amounts to an educated guess in order to figure out how the primaries will break. In this case they're assuming Sanders takes the Democrats and Bush takes the Republicans. Once that is determined they try to use various polling data and demographic information to determine who wins. It's all rather complicated but really only amounts to a good guess so they could be wrong.

On the Sanders side they're probably right that he'll get the nomination and that OMalley will take the VP slot. Bush is a bit more bold of a call. Their system however has been very unreliable in picking VP's, but they're still getting the elections right which means two things. One: VP's are even less relevant than we already knew they were and Two: If the VP ever is relevant, their system is going to be very inaccurate.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hey there friends......I feel led to apologize for posting the phrase....myopic pseudo-intellectuals...in the entry up there......why, I think it's SMART for the powers that strangle the breath out of the modern generation.....at a young age, charging twice or three times a sane,decent amount of hard-to-come-by dollars to sit trying to manage all the input from school....and Heaven knows they're juggling what seems to be a thousand fires in their lives needing to be stomped out.!!

Holy Spirit says ....I swear it
edit on 7-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 7-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit....when I was in school....1971, we had only three things to worry about......nuclear war, pollution and the ecology.
edit on 7-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

edit on 7-12-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Terrible news. Just less terrible than other possible news.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Didn't really get a sense of it

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Lol....

Trump is next president, prayer is a good idea. Capitalism trumps all in this age. Pun intended.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join