It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7-yr-old girl killed at MI soccer practice after ‘paranoid’ man with CCW license opens fire

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

originally posted by: queenofswords
He started feeling like someone was trying to control his mind about a year ago.

The accounts are saying that a handgun was registered in his name in Sept., just 3 months ago.

He had been living with the couple and the little seven year old blonde headed girl, then recently moved out to a place in Taylor, southwest of Detroit.

Another heartbreaking story of innocence lost due to a failed system.
He had an ongoing psychiatric condition involving paranoia and yet had no problem buying a pistol. SMH.

The grandmother of the child is saying he was a trusted family friend and never showed any signs of being unstable. News articles are saying that he never sought any type of psychiatric help. Someone in the police department is saying they found evidence he thought somebody was trying to control his thoughts, but they have not said what that evidence is. In Sept., a gun was registered in his name.

This is very odd indeed.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

That happened by my house...about 3 miles down. They watched practice inside, went out to the car, he shot them both in the head and killed himself. Who is supposed to follow us CCW holders around every minute? The thought police?

Registered owners, unregistered owners, criminals, police, soldiers, doctors, professors...everyday people...all can go off in a heartbeat. So what would you do?

There is no daily mental health check that can be accomplished between getting a CPL/CCW and renewing it four years or so later...unless someone reports someone having issues. We can't follow folks around each minute, evrywhere, everyday, under every condition.

But, I do hope...if I was acting strange...someone would contact the authorities and say he has a CCW/CPL and is acting weird...and someone should go check. Thats fine with me.

But we have murders, assaults, murder-suicides, attacks, rapes...you name it...every day. Don't blame it on "he had a CCW" as though that alone is a bad thing...there are no systems in place to watch everything everyone does in every locations all around the country here.

He could have used a knife, or a coke can of gas from the gas station...a hammer...crashed the car with all of them inside.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: thesaneone

I agree.

I question how the Police knew he was showing signs of paranoia. If he had not been seeing a professional, then it could only be hear say.

As for punishment, he took his own life, as many of these shooters do. Why they don't just kill themselves in the first instance, I have never been able to get my head around.

Most of the population suffers from some form of paranoia. Example are hoarding land, housing, money, gold, jewels, guns, ammo, food to the extreme. To the extreme means they do so knowing other people are homeless and so on and still hoard. Paranoid people also back wars.

Claims are he heard voices or a voice makes those who claim they hear voices, God speaking or mediums to name a few, subject to accusations of being mentally ill.

The fact that no one will buckle over and sob in true heartfelt grief over this story is a tell tale sign of a person already mentally ill. Our society is in such denial over mental illness, they would think someone truly sobbing over this story, even if they didnt know them, was the one mentally ill and unstable. But that would be the appropriate reaction. Jesus Christ came to the sick and came here. To this planet. That's because so many have been infected by the mental illness of callousness and hearts of stone who in turn can infect the loving and the emotional with their ugliness, making them mentally ill. Having said this will make some people uneasy and trigger them to rationalize why they don't cry over this or any thing similar., but those are only excuses, instead of the truth which is cold heartedness, which is not at our root to be this way. Human beings are the most loving, compassionate and intelligent species out there and we are literally being ruined right before each others very eyes.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The paranoia claim:

Upon talking to family and friends of Obeshaw, police were told the man "believed that someone was trying to control him through mind control," Sclabassi said.

Those family and friends should have staged an intervention, and medical/psychiatric professionals should be able to revoke a CCW license with the police/sheriff dept. that issued it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Who gets to decide?

How do we know when a sane person is going to snap?

easy, DUH thought police can handle that

No, it's not easy. Nor should the police or our government decide who gets firearms and who doesn't.

Also your bad attitude contributes nothing to the thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I watched a video years ago that stated (among other things that have all come true since) the US govt would do whatever they could to take away the right to bear arms. This included Lee Harvey Oswald style brainwashing to make seemingly sane people kill others. What better way to avoid awkward questions if caught, than take your life afterwards (or get shot like LHO and the muslim couple in California).
Just my opinion but after watching the vid, which also said Iraq would be invaded years before it was to 'look for weapons' (not oil or gold), it does make sense.
Michael Ruppert (the guy in the video) went into hiding but some say he now works for the other side. I remember David Icke when he found stuff out and the press almost ruined him, so I reserve judgment on what really happened to Mr Ruppert.

Sorry for the rambling. My point was that the killer may not have been mentally unstable. Just brainwashed like so many others who carry out unhuman acts.
edit on 5-12-2015 by uktorah because: Added info

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Wondering if he did seek help , and if so was there any type of medication involved
edit on 5-12-2015 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Problem is we can't and shouldn't punish people because of maybe.

I agree completely.

If I didn't already have a signature, I'd put this as my signature.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Key phrase: IF he had seen a professional. Kind of key element there.

Maybe if we had a law for crazy people to self report all would be good then. I'm sure the democrats will be all over that..

edit on 5-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

He started feeling like someone was trying to control his mind about a year ago.

The accounts are saying that a handgun was registered in his name in Sept., just 3 months ago.

He had been living with the couple and the little seven year old blonde headed girl, then recently moved out to a place in Taylor, southwest of Detroit.

He had an ongoing psychiatric condition involving paranoia and yet had no problem buying a pistol. SMH.

The grandmother of the child is saying he was a trusted family friend and never showed any signs of being unstable. News articles are saying that he never sought any type of psychiatric help. Someone in the police department is saying they found evidence he thought somebody was trying to control his thoughts, but they have not said what that evidence is. In Sept., a gun was registered in his name.

This is very odd indeed.

Yes it is. I read into more than there was apparently in that I thought he sought treatment or something. If that isn't the case it certainly would be hard to restrict his weapons purchases. However reading your post it would seem he made a complaint of some kind to law enforcement which should of been a red flag to BATF or whoever handles permits and purchases.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That or mandatory mental health checks on a quarterly basis. Or monthly. Since so many of them seem to think owning a gun is a sign of mental deficiency in and of itself.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This is very odd indeed.

Yes it is. I read into more than there was apparently in that I thought he sought treatment or something. If that isn't the case it certainly would be hard to restrict his weapons purchases. However reading your post it would seem he made a complaint of some kind to law enforcement which should of been a red flag to BATF or whoever handles permits and purchases.

I didn't get that he had made a complaint. All the news source said was that they found evidence that he thought somebody was attempting to control his thoughts. Was it a note in his residence? Was it a homemade tin foil hat? Was it research of some kind on telepathic messaging? I don't know.....they did not say what their evidence was.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think the point is that people are always saying, "Criminals will still own and have guns and do evil with them." The point of this is that all laws were followed and a child still lost her life. At least that's how I read it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So it's down to hearsay wrt his mental condition and really not germaine to the story. why does the msm always try to muddy things or make things up down there.

Still it's a tragedy for all involved and I hope they can recover and move on as best they can going ahead. Truly heartbreaking.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A terrible tragedy to be sure but know that people will always snap, somewhere, sometime, for some reason.
If they didn't have a gun they might use a knife or get in their car and drive over the next group of people they see.
They guy was going to hurt someone regardless of what was in his hands.

I'm not going to discount what he said about voices and mind control.
I've read enough here to know that there is some substance to the idea of it being possible.
Given the nanotech we have God knows what they've learned to do with it.
Our economies are stagnating because the PTB are keeping all the good new tech for themselves.

link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I think the point is that people are always saying, "Criminals will still own and have guns and do evil with them." The point of this is that all laws were followed and a child still lost her life. At least that's how I read it.

Sadly Intrepid it is what it is and there's no point in trying to allocate blame or trying to find solutions to problems that will probably never be solved.

Again condolences to those involved and I wish only the best for them going forward.

link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

The man had recently been experiencing paranoia, thought someone was out to get him and believed someone was trying to control him through mind control, Taylor police Chief Mary Sclabassi told MLive.

And maybe it was true, so another little blond blue eyed kid dies from GUN could work out well for some agendas.

Shooting the child does not seem a reasonable response to being paranoid in the way described here.
edit on 5-12-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow I said this would happen just yesterday.

Lots of scared paranoid Americans and lots of guns was going to make this happen.

Look have your gun but use them responsibly ffs.
edit on 5-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
A terrible tragedy to be sure but know that people will always snap, somewhere, sometime, for some reason.
If they didn't have a gun they might use a knife or get in their car and drive over the next group of people they see.
They guy was going to hurt someone regardless of what was in his hands.

And you know..... I'd buy that and go, "OK" if I didn't have to hear it every week. Sounds like, "Oh well, what are you going to do?" The answer to that is NOTHING. Nothing is done and we'll be back here again by next weekend.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

7-yr-old girl killed at MI soccer practice after ‘paranoid’ man with CCW license opens fire

So, let's have our usual "Blame All Gun Owners" rant. Never mind that we preach not to lump all Muslims, Blacks or any other group together. Let's hammer the CC permit holders extra hard for this, 'cause , you know, it's especially their fault.

And if that's not the point of this thread, then what exactly is it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join