It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATD-X first flight in first quarter 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Donkey09

That's where the FACO is going to be of immeasurable benefit. One of the most expensive bits of development has been stealth coatings. They have essentially free access to one of the most advanced coatings and how to apply it. And the FACO is already up and running. AX-5 is already in assembly in Nagoya.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Borys

Having the FACO and doing Depot maintenance will let them leap ahead of any potential opponents. It will also give them a great base for either 5th or 6tg generation aircraft.

Fair enough, as long as there is enough money in the kitty for the 6th generation aircraft development. I can only imagine what it will cost to have multi-spectral stealth, DEW and all the other goodies developed. Just hope the US is able to maintain a lead in this tech that can send certain nations broke trying to counter it...

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

It seems like China is the main potential opponent as Russia can barely afford a ~5th Gen tech demonstrator already

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Both are enemies: communism wasn't defeated truly in either case, but morphed into something closer to nationalistic, gangster corporatism. It's very real in both countries. And I imagine there would be much commonality in the systems to keep both countries in check.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The official media unveiling was today. It's designated the X-2. Many pictures can be found here.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

And we have video!

more here.
edit on 28-1-2016 by anzha because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2016 by anzha because: fixed youtube link

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Japan has reportedly spent about 39.4 billion yen ($332 million) to develop the aircraft.

Now a link in English, too.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Be interesting to see if they had access to any of NASA's test data for the X-31 since their vectoring system is so similar just times 2.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Quite probably. Unless its classified, all that data can be had from NASA for free. My bet is that's not the final form of their thrust vectoring though.

Foxtrot Alpha has a post on the X-2 now.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
As I said in thread that just got shot down

Looks like an F22's ugly brother, something looks odd with the canopy on that airframe. Wonder how stealthy it will be ?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Seems like a cool toy and all. But really whats the point? If there going to be spending time or monies on anything I for one would take the giant robot over the silly stealth plane. Planes are outdated anyways, I mean look at this kuratas thing. It even has trigger lock on for smiles. Imagine, what fun that would be, no more pulling a trigger when a smile would do.

Though its only equipped with bb blulets and most of its functions are just for jest. Imagine the military applications to this whole system. Much cooler then a silly supposed stealth plane, besides giant robots can be stealthy to, especially the ones with mounted surface to air missiles and Gatling guns, anything that would run into with would be no more so technically it will be invisible by default as nothing will live to see it. Cant get much more stealthy then that right?

Also the smile implemented weapons lock on system is a good idea, should be implemented into everything.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Too bad they aren't thinking AI for the next gen
These guys are crackerjack at robotics.....

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well, it's not supermodel looks, but I think the main idea here is a technology demonstrator for an advanced 5th going onto early 6th gen platform. Get some of the key stealth shaping and materials tested in an operational environment, develop the manufacturing technologies, push the limit with avionics, see how advanced you are with engines and get your base ready for a leap into full 6th gen tech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join