It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you outgrow in 2015?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm not sure if we really "outgrow" any habits or hobbies or objects, etc. age wise, but every year I can look back and think, nope, I likely won't repeat that mistake. I also "outgrow" beliefs and passions.

Here's my list of things I feel I've left behind after my 2015 personal growth spurt:

Giving literally any f*cks about arguing with people in my life. They have an opinion, I have an opinion, I respect that. I've worked through most insecurities and I just don't get riled up like I once did. I still have an opinion; but, My field of f*cks is now barren, as they say.

Wondering if people "like" me. They might, they might not, it's not my business.

I've resigned myself to the understanding that, as a creative person, I will never find a "normal" job that I love and want to go to everyday. It's an inherent personality trait that I will never outgrow. My pet peeve will always be people who open conversations with, "So what do you do?", and then, having no experience with the alternative job market, tell you about everyone they know who are hiring.

Buzzfeed. I can't read Buzzfeed anymore. It's too...PC, it's too silly, it's voice is too...worthless to me.

What about you?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

changed my mind
edit on 3-12-2015 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Being indecisive: something I haven't outgrown yet.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Wondering if people "like" me. They might, they might not, it's not my business.

There is a brilliant component to what you just said. It's the "it's not my business" part. I've been trying to come to terms with that wisdom. However people see me or think of me, it is none of my business.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Sometimes I try to be funny and it doesn't always work.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

You, me, and everyone else.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I really feel like I woke up one day and it was a non-issue. For a few years I had been struggling with depression, so when I got upset about something I trained myself to ask why it was upsetting me, if my brains answer was "I dont know!", I did my best to laugh it off. After a few years of doing this, I learned to laugh at myself and separate real emotional issues from issues being caused by depression.

I feel like this practice lessened my need for validation, because I'm better able to validate my own feelings and needs.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Yes pretty much this, this has been a tough year for me, but looking back, It's been very productive, I've had a hard time no doubt, but I learnt a lot.
As you state, it's not my business if people like me or not, still have to work a lot on this topic, but I came to realize trying to fit everytime and everywhere is not the way to go, everyone should stand up for themselves and what they believe. Just know who you are, and dont give a single f about what anyone else may think.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I'm leaving behind the "offended people" well over that/them.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

I'm leaving behind the "offended people" well over that/them.

Ughhhh, offended people. I'm with you.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I outgrew my pants in 2015

Soylent green is people!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I finally outgrew my need for approval from my immediate family on every decision I ever made.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Nothing at all.

All my clothes fit, but I stretched some things out a little is all.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I outgrew the notion of True love and Marriage til death.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I outgrew some very negative thought patterns that kept me from enjoying life. I also outgrew a lifelong daily need for sugar. Can 't much stomach it anymore..

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
omg that's awesome!!!! i plan to quit sugar after i quit smoking.... WISH ME LUCK!!!!!

a reply to: AccessDenied

new topics

top topics

join