It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So very tired of this type of behavior

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Prayers aren’t working.

White House hopefuls on the Democratic side of the aisle called for stricter gun laws in the wake of the shooting in San Bernardino that left at least 14 dead.

But after yet another mass shooting in America, GOP presidential contenders were conspicuously silent on the issue of gun control.

Instead, the Republicans were preaching about prayer.

www.nydailynews.com...

i.imgur.com...

If this were an article ridiculing Muslims for prayer there would be a media outrage. I have not seen any mainstream media coverage of this at all. This is disgusting every "official" I have seen on news coverage has offered condolences and prayers to the victims and families, including the President just this morning, but on the cover of the paper in question only republicans are pointed out.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Its a classic example of why there's no middle ground on this issue. Its more about scoring cheap shots, partisan politics and shaming those you disagree with than it is about trying to unify disagreeing parties who certainly feel they have valid reasons for the positions they've taken on the issue.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Prayers aren’t working.

White House hopefuls on the Democratic side of the aisle called for stricter gun laws in the wake of the shooting in San Bernardino that left at least 14 dead.

But after yet another mass shooting in America, GOP presidential contenders were conspicuously silent on the issue of gun control.

www.nydailynews.com...

i.imgur.com...

If this were an article ridiculing Muslims for prayer there would be a media outrage. I have not seen any mainstream media coverage of this at all. This is disgusting every "official" I have seen on news coverage has offered condolences and prayers to the victims and families, including the President just this morning, but on the cover of the paper in question only republicans are pointed out.

That's politics for ya, both sides have an agenda.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If there werent "gun free zones" this could have been prevented by those that carry a firearm. The answer is not to take away freedoms, it is to educate the people in how to defend their freedom.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It's pretty disgusting. No, it's absolutely disgusting.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
...beacause prayer has worked SO well historically. all gods are deaf.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Prayers aren’t working.

www.nydailynews.com...

i.imgur.com...

So instead of inteligently debating about gun control laws vs more guns, Republicans were praying. That is an issue, is it not?

OK, even if that isn't an issue. Let's stop with the 'Woe is me' christian attitude. Christians are at the top of the totem pole. To even suggest otherwise is ignorant.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When did mocking victims, and people wishing victims well ; Become the mainstay of political expression ?
When did this become acceptable ? Why is it acceptable ? Did anyone on the other side of the aisle, wish them well and pray for them ? Why are they not being mocked ?

This is political sludge, and the people eating it up are complete low-lifes.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

This definitely shows the right/left divide, but I do see their point. Prayer ISN'T helping. Neither would more gun laws, though. But SOMETHING (besides praying and gun laws) needs to be done. Coming out and offering prayers (for political gain) is kind of sickening, IMO.

I addressed the issue here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

So, the Democrats yammering on about more gun control, that won't do a damn thing to stop these tragedies and only hinder us law abiding folk, is a good thing.

But the Republicans sending good thoughts and prayers is a bad thing.

Wow, just ####ing wow!

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

What has to work well in order to offer victims and families comfort when an atrocity has befallen them?
Are you so callous as to think victims and families would not like to hear this from people?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The sad thing is there seems to be a clear agenda after these tragic things happen, so much so that people think they were planned out by those people. It's like the politicians don't think in terms of human lives anymore but stats. Like Donald Trump tweeting after the paris attacks that it's a direct cause of gun control that no one was able to stop them quicker, even if he's right it's clear that his motive in saying that is too win the votes of the huge chunk of pro-gun people. It just seems heartless and cheap; it's hard to view these politicians as people when they're so disconnected from people and just hellbent on turning every tragedy into a strategy for their own success

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

FFS - the difference is that the republican wingnuts are ONLY offering prayers

the liberal wingnuts are offering prayers AND unworkable feel-good " solutions "

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Are people, more specifically republicans, now not allowed to pray?
What gun control law would have stopped this attack?

When did it become acceptable to bully anyone about their religion?
Do you have one standard for what is acceptable to pick on Christians about and what is acceptable to pick on other religions about?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If you look at application, then yes there clearly is.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

So, the Democrats yammering on about more gun control, that won't do a damn thing to stop these tragedies and only hinder us law abiding folk, is a good thing.

But the Republicans sending good thoughts and prayers is a bad thing.

No one said it's a "bad thing". Just like more gun control, prayer "won't do a damn thing to stop these tragedies".
edit on 12/3/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Two sides of the same coin. They both play on the fears of the people, and they're more than willing to create those fears, when it's convenient to do so.

Stricter laws don't prevent criminals from committing crimes. They only criminalize those who are already abiding by current laws.

When was the last time prayer revived the victims of a heinous crime? Right. Never.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Are people, more specifically republicans, now not allowed to pray?
What gun control law would have stopped this attack?
When did it become acceptable to bully anyone about their religion?
Do you have one standard for what is acceptable to pick on Christians about and what is acceptable to pick on other religions about?

When the christians did it. Period. Until they stop, no one should stop. The bullying is about pointing it out, as a fact, so that it stops. But then the christians believe they're being victimized instead of realizing the point.

I'm christian, but the difference is I'm not Ok with it. I stand up for what is right.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

When the christians did it. Period. Until they stop, no one should stop.

WOW really
I am stunned by your response. If everyone jumps off a cliff and all that..........

So by that logic it is ok to murder people in Saudi Arabia because of what was done in America yesterday?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

When was the last time prayer revived the victims of a heinous crime? Right. Never.

When was the last time a victim or family complained about someone wishing them condolences and praying for them?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join