It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UN officially declared the beginning of World War III

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Coincidentally it was set-up to prevent another WW.

Ha, yeah tell that to the head nations of the league of nations prior to the outbreak of WW2.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I can see a problem with regards to another world war with regards to the "Reserved occupations list" Most factories are automatic the personnel that would have run them would have been on the reserved list, but not now. Farming is automated to the greater extent, so Farmers will be off the list. So the next war will use up more manpower as cannon fodder than the last two world wars. Women will be required to fight and die along with the males need I go on? So if a real emergency starts where ground troops will be required, it could be a greater culling than before.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Telos

You can only go to ware with a sovereign state.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Wrong! UN forces invaded and attacked North Korea to stop their drive into South Korea after WWII. That was a UN operation, not just the U.S.

But I don't think that was an example of "an official declaring war on a country single-handed". It was all done by the passing of resolutions.
Nor did they take the trouble of declaring it "an official world war". Because that was not necessary for their proceedure.
I was pointing out the oddities of the OP report, which don't match the way the U.N. was used in Korea.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The UN are a bunch of buffoons. They do nothing except stand around filming or reporting on things while scumbags are committing murders and genocide right next to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: EA006

Coincidentally it was set-up to prevent another WW.

Ha, yeah tell that to the head nations of the league of nations prior to the outbreak of WW2.

Two different entities.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
The UN are a bunch of buffoons. They do nothing except stand around filming or reporting on things while scumbags are committing murders and genocide right next to them.

It looks like that but they do play a significant role in international security.
Peacekeepers are key to some countries security right now.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't think this can break out into WW3, as ISIS is not powerful enough nor are they an actual threat to the World at least not yet. That said they can end up being a catalyst that brings on the World War. Right now Russia is the one people should focus on, not ISIS. This battle between Russia and Turkey over ISIS could easily lead to a world war. Consider this, Putin has already ignored the UN's threats in the past, and didn't care about the sanctions against them. If they don't care what the UN says, do you really believe they will stop sending Jets over Turkey even if they keep getting shot down? In the end if this continues, Russia will start a war with Turkey and that could easily be World War III.

edit on 3-12-2015 by ShawnKemp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Actually war is part of the evolution of human race. War is in human DNA a reply to: EA006

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join