It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Wanted: Writers, Journalists, Illustrators, Videographers, and other content creators...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'd very much like to be considered, I'll need to get a few ducks quickly in a row and will be applying.

This is a wonderful opportunity and I'm very much aware of quite a few members who'll make great contributions.

As always

Stay tuned.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sounds like a really great project SO, best of luck going forward.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I would certainly like to see some 'Talking heads' type interviews as a regular news item.
Something like the Huffington Post does, but on a more selective, no tricks way. The Lee Spiegel/Richard Hoover talk on the Mars Crinoid was very interesting, and Richard Hoover made a excellent guest, and nothing like the nutball I was expecting to listen to.
It surprised Spiegel too, since he had done a none complimentary (Crank) story on Hoover previously, based on all the negatives cast about Hoover in the past.
Another example would be an in depth interview with those who compiled the outstanding NUFORC.org, O'hare Airport UFO sighting, gritty stuff like that.... Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
you got my attention!

Sounds pretty exciting guys. From the OP it's hard to determine in what capacity I could be of service. I really miss being a part of the ATS radio program and would love an opportunity to work in media here at ATS. Can I be an ATS talking head?

I'll talk with the wife and see about throwing my hat in the ring.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Skeptic, What kind of illustrators do you need? The description in the op didn't say to much about this as it seemed to be more geared towards writers. I am an illustrator and with that being what it is, I can illustrate just about anything. Could you please elaborate more on this role? Thanks in advance!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Humor several forms video, writing and illustrations. Political, human nature, butt stupid?? Never know might find the next Bloom County here.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Skeptic, What kind of illustrators do you need? The description in the op didn't say to much about this as it seemed to be more geared towards writers. I am an illustrator and with that being what it is, I can illustrate just about anything. Could you please elaborate more on this role? Thanks in advance!

hint: you might peruse the web-pages at a WND as an example of the product envisioned

not saying the future ATS Indy citizen/journalists will be slinging similar fringe topics...just saying the Project will not model itself after a 'Huffington' web-page/ or a 'Info Wars' presentation with their prolific graphics.... in its' start-up phase

good luck Ya All
edit on th30144871777828362015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to get involved but really as more of a researcher type role. My writing skills are nothing to be proud of, but researching topics and vetting stories I thoroughly enjoy.

Good luck to all who apply and looking forward to what comes from this!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

When do I start?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
sounds like a interesting idea

Although does ATS not already have a whole army of writers and journalists you could pick out, just go for the guys who consistently write the best threads job done.

I am also going to say this and i say it every time you guys come up with these new ideas.

Above all else more needs to be done to reward member for writing good content, there has got to be more done to encourage better threads and post in the ATS forum.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
does the community have any interest in hearing interviews with actual people in "the streets"? That is to say, the homeless, the low income segregated communities of urban environments like housing projects and section 8??

Most certainly.

The bigger the city the better.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
I have to ask, for Myself and I hope other Fiction Writers here, will there be a place for Fiction/Fantasy Stories along side of the Alternative News and Views sections?

Original content, yes. However, we may be required to engage is a separate and specific type of publishing contract for those submitting fiction, versus those submitting news.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: scorpio84
Will there be a need for a content editor - that is a person who will double check all information as well as make sure spelling and grammar are done properly?

Absolutely. Please send us an email along those lines.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thanx for the reply. I can understand a need for different types
of contracts for those two different types of Submissions...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Skeptic, What kind of illustrators do you need?

It would be nice if we had:

1) Illustrators and/or graphic artists using free-to-use Creative Commons photos who are collaborating with writers to provide artwork to go along with articles and stories. Examples would be infographics, diagrams, photos, etc.

2) Artists who create regular "comic strips" or editorial cartoons within the alternative news universe.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to get involved but really as more of a researcher type role.

Once we're up and running, there's a significant need for researchers and fact checkers. My vision is that of collaborative journalism where an informed community such as ATS helps experienced journalists conceive of and craft original content.

Also, we may need one or two research-specific people in the beginning to help design the collaborative tools you would use to help organize reference material and research on articles and videos being developed.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Loving this, I shall keep up with this and if my skills can be used for anything I am willing to help. Hoping this shoots off just great, I been looking forward to something like this and what better place....ATS!

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Sounds like a great idea. I would love to get involved but really as more of a researcher type role. My writing skills are nothing to be proud of, but researching topics and vetting stories I thoroughly enjoy.

Good luck to all who apply and looking forward to what comes from this!

geez, it's hard enough getting regular news agencies to vet (double-check, and verify) their own stories...the one thing I've seen in journalism is information that is left out, is sometimes more important that the rest of the story itself....examples:....updates from MSM on Fukishima, Haiti, Florida property threatened by rising sea water, etc....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I am trying to contact my step-son and see if he would be interested in applying.
I am not even thinking of applying I get enough abuse just from posting.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hossa!

The next level in Next Level BS. Sounds awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join