It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Eagles Of Death Metal

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Didn't look to see if this had been posted but it''s there if it hasn't. I have only watched the first six minutes so don't have anything to comment on. I just thought ATS would like to hear this.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Saw this yesterday. What a sad video. Not a fun watch.

Interesting to hear such graphic accounts. As a fan of the band and many of its related acts it sure did give the whole thing a personal touch.

Crazy Times. Not even rock and roll is safe.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Like the poster above me said, it's a sad watch.

I also feel bad for the guy in the suspenders cuz you can tell he is dealing with PTSD, probably saw some people get shot up/dead bodies..not everyone can handle it and rightfully so.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

A pretty tough watch , especially around the middle and towards the end . I am no shrink but it seems like survivor guilt may be a big problem , not only for these men but hundreds more .

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
I also feel bad for the guy in the suspenders cuz you can tell he is dealing with PTSD, probably saw some people get shot up/dead bodies..not everyone can handle it and rightfully so.

The guy in the suspenders is Jesse Hughes, the band’s frontman. I met him in an elevator once – he started up a totally random hilarious conversation with me and my friend about Billy Blanks and Tae Bo. My friend didn’t know he was, so after we got out I told her, and she became so impressed that some rock star would just reach out to complete strangers like us and brighten up what would have otherwise been 30 seconds of mundane filler in everyday life.

That’s the type of guy he seems to be – down to Earth, not very serious, and infectiously spreads that kind of fun-loving vibe to others, be it through his music or talking to strangers in an elevator.

It’s crushing to see him so broken in this interview, but obviously what else could we expect after something so life-changing and tragic. This is a really powerful video. I’m glad to see them with the resolve to keep going and want to play Paris again, because as they put it “rock and roll lets us live”.

All the people who died in Paris that night were doing just that – out enjoying life on a Friday night. It’s awful this was taken away from them by a bunch of joyless, soulless pieces of # who’ve probably never experienced such a feeling in their lives, so consumed by hatred and ideology I bet they wouldn’t even understand what it means to share a moment of levity with strangers in an elevator.

But that’s the sort of thing we should all never lose sight of. Terrorism is out to pollute people with fear and hatred. Instead of letting it consume us too while we lament over how to protect ourselves, we should just concentrate on being more kind, fun and friendly with each other. Keep on rockin’ Jesse

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

I wish I could star you a hundred times over, that was great.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
brutal. god damn the terrorist scum. I did not expect to feel this..

got me weeping putting myself in their shoes.

people who hate us so much they can do this, and they are all around us.. waiting..

ugh, he said it though... even though hes scared, he doesnt want to let them win, he'll be back there. Thats staunch. screw the hate..

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Amazing what those guys had to be going through, and miraculously survived all this..

What a story to tell in all the emotions that come to mind telling it.

They definitely should write a good ballade about this for their fans and crewmbers whom lost their lives in Paris. ..

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yep that is early PTSD. I know that 1000 yard stare well.
I'm sorry for what they will endure in the coming years.
And even more sorry for those who aren't around to endure.
People are brave and will work hard to save one another
when the rubber meets the road.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There is a documentary about Jesse Hughes called "redemption of the devil". After watching the doc, haven't watched the vid yet, I can say that he has a lot on his personal plate, and that the Paris incident could potentially push him over the edge. Been listening to EODM since Peace, Love and Death Metal and wish the guys/gal all the best.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I ended up crashing not long after watching this. Sorry for not replying last night. About the only thing I can say is I almost wish I hadn't seen this. I was in tears watching this as I'm sure many others were. That clip, inside, when it all starts, is pretty damned scary. I've been to hundreds of shows over the years and never seen anything like this and I hope I never do.

Awful times we live in when this crap is happening.

top topics

join