It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: North Korea unveils new war plan focusing on defense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
North Korea has released details of a new war plan. The new plan focuses its attention on defending itself against attacks it says from the United States. It urges full mobilization of its forces with 24 hours notice and urges a three part plan, defense, offence, and then protracted warfare.

story.news.yahoo.com
SEOUL (AFP) - Stalinist North Korea has set up a new war plan focusing on defense against US attacks and highlighting underground protection facilities, news reports say.

The plan, which was issued nationwide last year, urges the Stalinist state to be able to fully mobilize within 24 hours of war breaking out, said Kyunghyang Shinmun, a Seoul-based newspaper.

"The United States is trying to stifle us by manipulating suspicions of nuclear development and stepping up international pressure," the 31-page document unveiled by Kyunghyang said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A South Korean newspaper estimates that the North has over 8200 underground facilities. They are dug in and entrenched. No doubt any war would focus on an aerial bombardment to eliminate his WMD and any facilities aimed at offensive warfare. However, if they are underground, and unless we have superb intelligence, the odds of them launching a few nuclear devices say at Japan, is pretty good. This however, is more likely more saber rattling from Crazy Kim

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Will crazy Kim ever stop? He is so caught up with trying to save his troops butts that he is taking his operations underground. Can't we all just get along?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The only three-fold plan that Kim needs to work on is: feeding the population, covering his butt from a coup, and feeding the population.

Boy, and to think that many here think Bush is bonkers...
Bush doesn't hold a candle beside this guy.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Seeker, you are right,

- - - - -> candle pass

Now they BOTH have candles

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
US should build some kind of small super maneuverable UAV that would get rid of Kim Jong-il for once.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
um yeah guys i don't want to be the bearer of bad new but kirea could e preparing them self for something else

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Why tell the whole World what youre planning? It doesnt seem like anything more than the N.Koreans trying to prove to the World that they can survive an attack.

To me its nothing but a defensive tactic.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
To me its nothing but a defensive tactic.

- Don't worry it'll be spun as an offensive strategy soon enough.

Afterall when you are spending more on 'defense' (
) than every other nation on the planet's defense budget combined you just have to keep turning up and maintaining these scary 'threats'.

North Korea isn't going to do anything but feel threatened and more insular.....especially with a US administration bent on keeping things that way.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
US lawmakers to visit N Korea

Six US lawmakers will spend several days in North Korea next week to discuss the stalled six-party talks on the country's nuclear program, in the first congressional visit to the country since May 2003.

The White House, which stopped lawmakers visiting North Korea last year, is supporting the trip.

Link

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Why tell the whole World what youre planning? It doesnt seem like anything more than the N.Koreans trying to prove to the World that they can survive an attack.

May be a cover-up for something else otherwise crazy kim may be crazy hehehe

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
um yeah guys i don't want to be the bearer of bad new but kirea could e preparing them self for something else

yeah, nothing like some nice underground shelters to protect your own butts so the fallout from the nukes you deploy on your neighbors doesn't harm you. I wouldn't want to be stationed on the DMZ, that's for sure.

Are there any "checks and balances" in Krazy Kim's government or does he have total personal authority to launch a first strike?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
'ol Kim had better think about his defense if we were to ever get into it with him. As trigger happy as Dubw is I don't think it would take him long to reduce N. Korea to rubble if Kim got his panties in an up-roar and I think Kim understands that!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
it is this kind of thing that probably makes bush wish that his dad had not made Korea a nuclear power.... and thanks to clinton for stopping us from doing more...
then there is Rumsfeld the nuclear plant saleperson.... did he like Kim on a personal level perhaps? did he think he was cute? otherwise... why give the guy a nuke plant? ohhhh yeah.... thats right ....money
www.devvy.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is nuts.

Noth Korea is not threatening a war with anyone yet that is how the talk is going here.

This is a defensive measure from a country that feels isolated and threatened by forces several magnitudes larger than anything she could muster.

Nth Korea versus the USA (or any country the USA is tied by treaty to)?

Don't make me laugh. It's an absurd idea.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
what's up with these paranoid dictators??

ifrist Castro, had his weeklong war preps, now Kim, either they have both fallen off their rockswers or they know somwthing we don't.

i;m leaning towards tehy fell off their rockers.

top topics

join