It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, Most Young Americans Now Accept Evolution Over Creationism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I like the bible, a great tool for brainwashing. Created by man to control other men.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

edit on 11/27/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: self edit

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You are merely stating, that, there is a "theory" that God could exist. That "theory" is the last "educated quess" man wants to "theorize" about. They're still trying to disprove that "theory". Before it becomes a"hypothesis".

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordBael
God is outdated. Accept it and move on.
I dont understand why people dont believe in God i mean He is the one and only one who created us.
He is the reason that we are all here and the reason that this earth is here. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and i know that He is coming back again one day for all of His children and i pray for those who are not saved because eternity is a very long time and i dont want anyone to have to spend it in hell all because they refused to believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I know that God is real because there are many signs that He is.
But not only that but i also know that He is real because i can feel Him in my heart and i know that He is with me every single day.
Today Christianity has more adherents than any religion, and numbers are growing in many parts of the world.
Our faith is spreading because it is the truth—and history shows that when this truth is mocked and scorned, it actually spreads faster!
The amount of information encrypted in one cell in the human body is equal to that of 1,000 books.
The total amount of information stored in your DNA is 40 times more than that of the largest set of encyclopedias in the world.
King David felt this sense of awe when he wrote, “You wove me in my mother’s womb. ... I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Ps. 139:13, 14, NASB). Life is truly a miracle!
I’ve felt intense sadness for people who deny the existence of God. “There is no God. There’s no heaven. There’s no hell. There are no angels. When you die, you go in the ground; the worms eat you.” What a sad way to view life!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: peter vlar

a reply to: Cosmic911

Interestingly a falling away of faith was predicted long ago. I feel like laughing when I read people putting faith in mankind to rule and make everything better. we have one hope and he is predicted to come and the predictions are following course so I expect arrival soon. Thank our creator he has not abandoned us!

you might want to pop some corn, order dinner, grab some refreshments and settle in for a bit if you really think there are any actual predictions in the bible that are coming true. 1st century converts thought the 2nd coming was going to occur in their lifetime so your buddy is about 1985 years late if he's coming at all.

The signs are all here I don't know if it will be my lifetime but it will happen and it will be soon.

That's the problem with cognitive dissonance, you can't spot silly ideas from a mile away but yet, you can spot the signs of ignorant ramblings of bronze age mystics. Who, by the way, expected "the end" within "their" time.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish

I love your humor and sarcasm. You speak of "time". As if it matters, or you can control it or manipulate it. Your lifespan and belief/faith, or lack thereof, doesn't reveal truth and yet? It doesn't, prove anything. But yet you use "thier time"? What about modern "age mystics"? I know, they have "education" and "culture". Like thier ocean is "rising? And "cows are belching toxic gas"! Oh nooo! Science says stuff! Run for them god made hills....You people crack me up! Scientists, sound like them "bronze age" nuts, you are referencing.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

(post by flyingfish removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: flyingfish
I only commented on your post, to the OP. Not the other way, aroind. You're right. I have no clue who you are. Never heard of you. But you seem very powerful.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

That's nice, now let them go on to abiogenesis and cosmology,
and develop a world view concept of their belief system

edit on 27-11-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Awesome! thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to bookmark the article for future reference.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's really sad that people need to have their beliefs validated in order to feel secure.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You would think God and Jesus would like their followers to be strong. Not to feel threatened whenever someone questions their faith or feel the need to defend it.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: LordBael
God is outdated. Accept it and move on.
I dont understand why people dont believe in God i mean He is the one and only one who created us.

On the other side, there are many people who don't understand why people believe in God. It's apparently a combination of tradition, superstition and a desire to not be alone. Aside from a firm faith in the existence of the supernatural, religious belief does not offer anything unique that one might not find elsewhere.

He is the reason that we are all here and the reason that this earth is here. I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ and i know that He is coming back again one day for all of His children and i pray for those who are not saved because eternity is a very long time and i dont want anyone to have to spend it in hell all because they refused to believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It is not so much a refusal to believe as it is a refusal to blindly accept something without proper consideration and objective verification. Those who do not accept the truth of the "gospel of Jesus Christ" or the need to be saved in the first place, do so for perfectly reasonable and logical reasons, chiefly that there is no objective reason to accept the bible as anything more than a historical curiosity; a record of ancient beliefs, mythology, and ideology.

I know that God is real because there are many signs that He is.

There are far fewer signs that He is than there are that He isn't, objectively speaking, some would point out.. Confirmation bias is often understood to be behind many "signs".

But not only that but i also know that He is real because i can feel Him in my heart and i know that He is with me every single day.

While a subjective "feeling in the heart" forms the basis of many religous belief and ritual, it is not a basis in objective logic or critical reasoning. Some would say it is imagination or wishful thinking to claim such a feeling, others might argue that it is a natural phenomena experienced by everyone at times, and attributing it to God is not necessary..

Today Christianity has more adherents than any religion, and numbers are growing in many parts of the world.
Our faith is spreading because it is the truth—and history shows that when this truth is mocked and scorned, it actually spreads faster!

While Christianity does have the most adherents, it is not out of virtue of being the one and only truth.. The reasons why Christianity is so widespread are varied and complex, but not least of all because throughout history it has been enforced by government institutions, and those who have not converted have been routinely massacred.

Christianity has around 2.1billion adherents, the second most popular religion is Islam with 1.3billion adherents, the third largest group are the agnostic/athiest/nonreligious population of 1.1billion.

The fastest growing of these 3 groups is actually the nonreligious population, the reasons again are varied and complex. However the fact that there is no requirement for religious belief to enable an individual to live a full, happy, virtuous and meaningful life, that there is a limited logical basis for holding a religious belief, and little to no objective evidence to support religious claims play a large role.

The amount of information encrypted in one cell in the human body is equal to that of 1,000 books.
The total amount of information stored in your DNA is 40 times more than that of the largest set of encyclopedias in the world.
King David felt this sense of awe when he wrote, “You wove me in my mother’s womb. ... I am fearfully and wonderfully made” (Ps. 139:13, 14, NASB). Life is truly a miracle!

A miracle is something that happens that cannot be explained by natural laws. Life can not only be shown to be completely natural, it is inevitable. To say it is a miracle is incorrect. However, I do like the sentiment. Out of all the animals on all the planets in the universe throughout all of time, we are here on Earth, experiencing life from the fascinating perspective of humanity in the 21st century CE.

I’ve felt intense sadness for people who deny the existence of God. “There is no God. There’s no heaven. There’s no hell. There are no angels. When you die, you go in the ground; the worms eat you.” What a sad way to view life!

Many people do not find it sad that they find there is no God, Heaven or Hell. Many people enjoy life for what it is; an incredible opportunity to experience existence from the unique and interesting perspective of a homosapien. Many people are grateful to be alive and to experience existence. They say there is nothing more empowering and joyful than taking control of their life and living it on their own terms.

A belief in the supernatural is not necessary to live a good life, or to find and experience true joy in every waking moment of it. Ironically, those who do not believe in God often feel the same intense sadness you do, but towards those who are indoctrinated by a restrictive supernatural belief system that stymies original thinking and critical analysis, rational thought, and freedom of discovery.

Just a few points from the other side for you to ponder

edit on 27-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Sure can't tell that by American politics.

Cause it's all about creationism.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sure can't tell that by American politics.

Cause it's all about creationism.

It's amazing what you can do with loads of "tax free" cash.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Finally?

A majority of young Americans have been accepting evolution over creationism for the past 30 + years.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish

originally posted by: peter vlar

Interestingly a falling away of faith was predicted long ago. I feel like laughing when I read people putting faith in mankind to rule and make everything better. we have one hope and he is predicted to come and the predictions are following course so I expect arrival soon. Thank our creator he has not abandoned us!

you might want to pop some corn, order dinner, grab some refreshments and settle in for a bit if you really think there are any actual predictions in the bible that are coming true. 1st century converts thought the 2nd coming was going to occur in their lifetime so your buddy is about 1985 years late if he's coming at all.

The signs are all here I don't know if it will be my lifetime but it will happen and it will be soon.

That's the problem with cognitive dissonance, you can't spot silly ideas from a mile away but yet, you can spot the signs of ignorant ramblings of bronze age mystics. Who, by the way, expected "the end" within "their" time.

Yes well many of our brightest people on this planet today also believe, science is finding that order goes deep, an order that is hardly random! Your own DNA is possibly a language, language does not create itself.

Religions have made a mess of things with greed and the need for power, but that has nothing to do with creation nor the creator.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yes well many of our brightest people on this planet today also believe,

Besides being wrong, arguments from personal credulity and appeals to authority are irrelevant.

science is finding that order goes deep, an order that is hardly random!

We'll add quantum mechanics to the list of things you don't understand. If you need details look up the Schrödinger equation.

Your own DNA is possibly a language, language does not create itself.

When DNA sequences were discovered they appeared to be some kind of code, so we started called them that. It doesn't mean that computer code and DNA code are the same thing, i.e. needing a programmer. If anything DNA "code" is mostly pure data which translates to amino acid sequences.

Religions have made a mess of things with greed and the need for power, but that has nothing to do with creation nor the creator.

Religion created the creator.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm shocked that this didn't happen sooner. There's quite a bit of stubborn people out there that cling to myths as fact.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join