It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NLBS: 03.06: The Continued Erosion of Fourth Amendment Rights in The USA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sounds like great advise to me and I will try to remember this if they should
pound on my front door at 4:00 a.m.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The 4th amendment does not apply to the individual, it applies to the government.

You're right, thats how its been rewritten.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No it wasn't rewritten.

Every right in the Constitution is a negative right. The Constitution tells the government what it cannot do, what its powers are limited to, and what the states can do. It does not grant rights, but acknowledges the rights of the people at the individual level.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It does not grant rights, but acknowledges the rights of the people at the individual level.

What rights?

The ones in the bill of rights and constitution have long since been, 'eroded', misinterpreted, rewritten, whatever.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Eroded yes.

Misinterpreted, not so much.

Rewritten, no.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You read Xthadras external content? It has surely been rewritten. All that in his post was giving permission to LEOs to do whatever they 'reasonably feel is warranted'.

Thats how its been 'rewritten'.

The original locked in a museum basement somewhere? You're right, that parchment is unchanged.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That is not at all what his external sources have illustrated.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Don't answer the door. If they do gain entry illegally and want to arrest you, GO WITH THEM. Lawyer up immediately and start lawsuit proceeding as soon as you possibly can.

Yep . Civil suit. Hit the bast***** where it most hurts them .In the wallet.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
ok, so this "link" or whatever has been flashing on my screen in my face so I finally clicked...

they are doing no-knock search warrants now?

Is this "in my face advertising to comment in your threat" bc of my efforts of trying to say the 4th amendment is not so seriously attacked with knowledge of cell phone activity for flagged individuals so as to protect citizens?

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Good job.

I wasn't a fan of NLBS at first, but now I'm subscribed and always look forward to the next episode.

What can we as a people actually do to prevent this rapid erosion of our constitutional rights?

Especially when no one is listening and the Judges just seem to make up whatever law they want as they go along?

I just fear it's too late and we are already at "The Fall Of The Roman Empire" stage.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The 4th amendment does not apply to the individual, it applies to the government.

It has not been rewritten and its always applied to the government and not the individual. Maybe you should understand something before trying to make an argument based off of lack of knowledge.

In order for an agent of the state IE law enforcement to come into your house and search the 4th says the government must have probable cause to do so.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Since the individual cant lawfully search their neighbors house and cant obtain a warrant who do you think the 4th amendment applies to? It says in order for the government to search they must have a warrant based on probable cause.

The 4th amendment applies to the government and not the individual.

If you knew history you would understand how the 4th amendment originated and why.

As has been pointed out the Constitution doesn't grant rights but protects inherint rights, or rights recognized as universal and god given to free persons. The constitution is a document that defines government and establishes restrictions on government power. Hence the reason it says anything not specifically granted to the federal government is reserved solely to the states (10th amendment).

The federal constitution originally only applied to individuals within the federal system. Scotus had to rule to have it applied to the states and even then the 7th amendment has still never been applied to the states. Each US citizen has dual citizenship - They are a citizen of the state the reside in and when traveling outside the US are citizens of the United States. The federal government and State government are separate sovereigns and have their respective laws based on the constitution (federal and state).

This topic is not as simple as some try to make it out to be. It becomes even more problematic when people dont know what they are talking about.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
What can we as a people actually do to prevent this rapid erosion of our constitutional rights?

Especially when no one is listening and the Judges just seem to make up whatever law they want as they go along?

I just fear it's too late and we are already at "The Fall Of The Roman Empire" stage.

Know your rights... Participate in government by voting and talking to your reps.

Be heard.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

It has not been rewritten

Maybe not rewritten but certainly added to. Or we wouldn't need a Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

Nor added to.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

5 Ways The Patriot Act Violates The Fourth Amendment

www.newsmax.com...

I'm not going to argue with you over this. If you feel that your 4th rights aren't violated then fine.......others feel differently.

Just remember that the next time you kick in a door without a warrant I hope that person shoots you in the face.

edit on 26-11-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

I'm not going to argue with you over this. If you feel that your 4th rights aren't violated then fine.......others feel differently.

Just remember that the next time you kick in a door without a warrant I hope that person shoots you in the face.

Nor added to.

Feel free to source your concerns. As i stated before not understanding how things work also leads to confusion and misunderstandings.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

So your defense that the 4th hasn't changed is to source the very laws that changed it?

Care to quote the Patriot Act and then tell me how my person and papers are kept from the prying eyes of the government without permission?

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

Nor added to.

Feel free to source your concerns. As i stated before not understanding how things work also leads to confusion and misunderstandings.

Stop just hitting the quote button so I don't have to erase a wall of text when I post from my phone and I might have a chance.

Slow day at work?

Why don't you go ruin someone's life as usual.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

Im sorry I didnt mean to burst your bubble. Why dont you tell me what the patriot act changed with the 4th amendment since you keep referencing it while failing to add specifics.

I am not the one ruining your or anyone elses life and its sad thats how you have to respond to a simple question challenging your assumptions.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

That was hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join