It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

true, that was an unlikely scenario.. but we live in strange times.

still a strange way to show support against the fight, politics and regional borders be damned there's a job to do and turkey just threw a big stone at one of the workhorses.. because it stepped on the lawn.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I wouldn't go that far, the Russians recently learned a new American game called poker. In this sense they went "blind all-in"

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: angryhulk
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Who the F is talking about yoga?

You (and clearly the Turkish military) need to look at the bigger picture and get..a..grip.

You are, when you equate violating airspace and ignoring warnings as "Political correctness". It's not. If they violated the airspace they should have answered the warnings. If someone violates Scottish Airspace, and ignores multiple warnings, what do you want your airforce to do? I know what I want mine to do.

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It's an coalition effort to fight ISIS and if borders are crossed because they are trying to do their jobs , then I think it's very stupid of Turkey to shoot a Russian plane down.

Or does Turkey harbouring terrorists over the border, one way or another it's gonna be nasty war.. we wait and see how Russia will respond to this..

link   
One pilot rescued the other captured by turkmens. #, huh?

link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
a reply to: Vector99

true, that was an unlikely scenario.. but we live in strange times.

still a strange way to show support against the fight, politics and regional borders be damned there's a job to do and turkey just threw a big stone at one of the workhorses.. because it stepped on the lawn.

No, it walked on the lawn and when was asked to get off was smug and ignored the owner. It was the ignoring that got them in trouble.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
It's an coalition effort to fight ISIS and if borders are crossed because they are trying to do their jobs , then I think it's very stupid of Turkey to shoot a Russian plane down.

Or does Turkey harbouring terrorists over the border, one way or another it's gonna be nasty war.. we wait and see how Russia will respond to this..

Russia and Turkey are not in a coalition. If they were why did Russia simply not respond to the warnings? Sorry, ignore warnings at your own peril.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just hearing on Sky that the Russian Defence Ministry have stated that they can unequivocally prove the jet did not enter Turkish air space.

Even though the facts are unknown at the moment, it might be an indicator to the path Russia may take on this.
edit on 24/11/15 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You (and clearly the Turkish military) need to look at the bigger picture and get..a..grip.

You are, when you equate violating airspace and ignoring warnings as "Political correctness". It's not. If they violated the airspace they should have answered the warnings. If someone violates Scottish Airspace, and ignores multiple warnings, what do you want your airforce to do? I know what I want mine to do.

When did I speak about yoga? Have you lost your mind? Stick to the topic!

We liaise with Russian jets almost bi-monthly that violate our airpspace we do not shoot them down!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Was a russian Su-24 according to reports.Will be interesting to see russia's response.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on fAmerica/Chicagoam3003America/ChicagoTue, 24 Nov 2015 03:09:28 -0600America/Chicago2428 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

edit on fAmerica/Chicagoam3003America/ChicagoTue, 24 Nov 2015 03:11:22 -0600America/Chicago2422 by FeatheredSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC
Just hearing on Sky that the Russian Defence Ministry have stated that they can unequivocally prove the jet did not enter Turkish air space.

Is this similar to their proving a Ukraine Jet shot a missile at MH-17?

If it's true Turkey screwed up. Russia screwed up by not responding to warnings (assuming that is true as that is the information we have).

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC
I say they are prevoking the Russians, do not bite Russia but give a clear statement with backup evidence ..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

That's the thing. There is such hype on Russian intervention in Syria, but a lack of confirmed Russian Military strikes/gains/successes/defeats/etc...

Silence on the Russian side. They apparently probed Turkey before (I can't 100% verify the confirmation) and were shot at/shot down then too. There was a big thread here on it.

If Russia starts losing assets in this war my prediction is they will withdraw to their naval base and annex it, along with a nice territory around it. Assad will have no choice but to grant this land to Russia, and make an exit plan to Moscow. All being legal while technically he still is the democratically elected leader.

Russia gains more land, a navy base, and critical control over the Qatar pipeline.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Turkey 'down Russian warplane on Syria border'

Turkish warplanes have reportedly shot down a Russian military aircraft on the border with Syria.

Russia's Interfax news agency cited the Russian defence ministry as saying that a Su-24 had crashed in northern Syria, and that its two pilots had ejected.

Turkish military officials said Turkish F-16s shot down the plane after warning its pilots that they were violating Turkish airspace.

I believe Turkey should have shown some restraint, the planes would have been clearly of Russian design, and they know Russia is bombing ISIS at the moment.

I'm not saying this gives Russia the right to violate another countries airspace, but still....bad reaction on Turkey's part in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   

We liaise with Russian jets almost bi-monthly that violate our airpspace we do not shoot them down!

Already explained, my mind is not the problem here, I think you understand perfectly well and want to play the fool because the alternative would be to admit you said something stupid.

Russian bombers test airspace, they come close to test the response. They do not violate it.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumanPLC

Even though the facts are unknown at the moment, it might be an indicator to the path Russia may take on this.

Direct radar data would be conclusive evidence. I don't think it takes too long to release that kind of info.

+13 more 
link   

Listen close, Your NATO boys just done and messed up.

live with it and stop making excuses, it does you no service in such a crowd as this.

I'm being civil, but many other won't be.. this action was a grave mistake, don't defend it as the defense in light of the mission the jet was on is rather weak and suspect.

In short.. it's a rather paranoid and "indefensible" action by turkey, so don't be that guy...

link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Of Russian design doesn't tell you much.

When you get warned, don't ignore it.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Already explained, my mind is not the problem here, I think you understand perfectly well and want to play the fool because the alternative would be to admit you said something stupid.

Russian bombers test airspace, they come close to test the response. They do not violate it.

Test airspace or violate airspace? Do you understand the difference? I'll tell you, there isn't one given they actually violate it.

I didn't say anything stupid and you tried to create a link between what I said, and yoga. I'm going to go with; you said something stupid.
edit on 24/11/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

I have no NATO boys. Your Russian boys ignored warnings and their smug better than others don't have to answer to anyone else attitude got them shot down.

Had they replied back we are not in your airspace rather than completely ignore the warnings (which is the current info) things would be different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join