It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theocrat Cruz Indoctrinating Kids in Iowa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
A reporter who has covered the last two presidential elections went to see the GOP event in Iowa. He discusses in this article how Cruz appeared at a coffee shop and, mimicking "story time" (a favorite tradition in Iowa churches where the pastor gathers the kids up and gives little fables about charity, kindness, sharing, etc) at this gathering, kids gathered around Cruz, sitting cross-legged and listening as they would to a beloved pastor. The shop was packed with their parents and townsfolk as well.

What he said makes my blood boil. Yes, the article is posted on Salon, but it is not a Salon "Staffer" who wrote it.

Robert Leonard covered the 2008 and 2012 Iowa caucuses for KNIA/KRLS Radio in Knoxville and Pella, Iowa. He is an anthropologist, and author of “Yellow Cab.”

Here is his piece:
I Went to Church With Ted Cruz: He is Building an Army of Young Christian Voters in Iowa

So, even if you, dear reader, happen to be allergic to Salon, you'll be delighted to hear what Cruz told this congregation, I'm sure -
I, however, am not. I find it quite disturbing, and a perfect example of the indoctrination of young children into Dominionist Theocracy. Cruz is openly pushing for a Theocracy, and even though he is only 44, he has plenty of time to build up this army of kids who will be voting in, say 10 years.

My hope is that by 2025 none of what he says will be remembered or important except as a menacing, deranged lunatic's rantings, but that hope is a long shot. The parents of these kids will continue to immerse them in the apocalyptic Christians-only world that Cruz wants.

presidential candidate Ted Cruz addressed a packed house at the popular coffee shop. And like church, some of the crowd were sitting as his feet, as perhaps 15-20 children from a local Christian school were there to learn, and be a part of the Iowa caucus process.

Yet despite Cruz’s apparently devout Christian faith, it was a different kind of story time, and I assure you that the children didn’t hear a word about friendship, kindness, sharing, telling the truth, feeding the hungry, or helping the poor. Not a word.

Here's an example (the author gives several in the article) of a 'joke' that Cruz told:

“The next day President Xi of China was in Washington to meet with President Obama. News outlets across the globe reported on this momentous meeting between the world’s most powerful communist and the president of China.”

The audience rocked with laughter. The children, not knowing what the adults were laughing at, looked around, and then joined in sympathetically. What a funny guy!

Revolting.

...tarring Obama with that label obviously works, especially since half of his audience doesn’t know what communism is, only that it is evil. And certainly out-group.

All under the “innocent” guise of laughter. And who doesn’t like to hear the laughter of children, especially when they are being inculcated with your worldview?

He went on to talk about Syria's refugees, and how only the "Christian" ones should be let in (no explanation was forthcoming about how the hell to know the difference - just like we can't tell the difference between a 'radical' Muslim and a normal, peaceful one; I mean, are we supposed to ask them with a wink-wink, nudge-nudge? Yeah, that'll work. Not.)

Think of the message the children heard: It’s good to help Christians, but to hell with everyone else.

And people wonder how the seeds of bigotry are planted?

So - I have brought forth the fact of Dominionism and Evangelical theocrats running for office; many readers have said it was imaginary, or exaggerated. No, folks, it's not.

This is something they are looking toward in a long-term view, not just for 2016. They want to make the USA a Christian Theocracy, and there are millions of people who want that, too. They buy into the crap and hyperbole and smearing of Obama and the Democrats as 'commies', and sadly too many adults hear it on Fox News, and then from the flapping pie-hole of a presidential contender who is pushing for it - and it just reinforces their ignorance.

I am being less than 'neutral' about this stuff - because my problem with religion is that it is put into little kids' heads. Now, if this had been an adults only event, it might not have bothered me so much....you all have a right to your beliefs, and to teach your kids whatever you want.

Just please, DON'T TEACH THEM LIES. Obama is not a communist (neither is Sanders) - Obama is not a Muslim - Obama was born in the USA. For Cruz to get up there and take advantage of these kids with the approval of their parents is unconscionable, in my opinion.

Don't teach them that orphans and widows can just arrive here willy-nilly - they can't - and kill us all. The vetting process is long and thorough. Remember that. Only Christians? Really? God save humanity from your followers.

His message is smarmy and decidedly Un-Christlike, but, hey - people are listening to him all the same.

This is, indeed, how bigots are made....and the kids in elementary school now are hearing this stuff from all sides. It needs to stop.

Thoughts?

edit on 11/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
His father is a televangelist and an example of the crazy conservative Christian extremist. I should add "conservative" and "Christian" in ironic quote marks, as he is technically neither, except in name only. So Ted is only following his father's example, indoctrinating kiddies using the pulpit to spread his brand of hateful politics.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Buzzy please explain to me how a theocracy could be created here. I keep seeing claims about this but how does one actually come about? I mean its not like Cruz could change the Supreme Court in such a way that they would suddenly all agree with a theocratic agenda. Did you notice the Gay Marriage ruling this year? I am just curious because I have seen this claim several times but no one explains the actual process of arriving at a theocracy.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Politicians and people in authority should be held to a higher standard and jailed when they lie to the public.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The evangelical thing was always one reason I don't like him to be running for president. The other day on camera he said that mosques are illegal in Japan, so like an idiot I repeated that without researching it and he made me look like a bigger fool than I was to repeat anything he says, mosques are not illegal in Japan and thanks to the ATSer that corrected me. Mosques were at one time illegal but not now so he was wrong. TRUMP 2016 !

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

"Only"? Well, he needs to stop "just doing that." I think.

Also - forgot to add in the OP that another lie kids are told is that this country was founded as a "Christian" nation. No, it was not.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
The evangelical thing was always one reason I don't like him to be running for president. The other day on camera he said that mosques are illegal in Japan, so like an idiot I repeated that without researching it and he made me look like a bigger fool than I was to repeat anything he says, mosques are not illegal in Japan and thanks to the ATSer that corrected me. Mosques were at one time illegal but not now so he was wrong. TRUMP 2016 !

But Trump wants to make Mosques illegal and put them on watch lists....?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I certainly worry about imminent Christian law moreso than Sharia law. Not that I believe either is imminent or anything. Even Ted Cruz can't dismantle the First Amendment no matter how badly he tries to indoctrinate them with lies about how our government works.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I would not go so far to say Obama is not a muslim, there are lots of pics of him in muslim garb , wassup with dat ? I honestly thought he was a member of the Jeremiah Wright white hater church since he had to separate himself from the guy when he first was running. I think the only things (not rumors) that made me think he is a muslim are his actions and unwillingness to say the words radical Islam and terrorist all in the same sentence. I think Obama sucks just like Cruz regardless of their religions.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

Buzzy please explain to me how a theocracy could be created here. I keep seeing claims about this but how does one actually come about? I mean its not like Cruz could change the Supreme Court in such a way that they would suddenly all agree with a theocratic agenda. Did you notice the Gay Marriage ruling this year? I am just curious because I have seen this claim several times but no one explains the actual process of arriving at a theocracy.

Sure - I'll give it a whirl.

First of all, theocrats get elected to everything from school boards to Congress. They rally their constituents by telling them lies and fear-mongering, and inciting war and then saying 'it's the apocalypse!' - if enough of them get into office (and they are already in office - for example, the governor of Kansas is a Dominionist), they write legislation that a theocrat president can 'push through' with an executive order.

That POTUS, of course, has replaced the SCOTUS by whatever nefarious means, legal or illegal, scandalizing them, disappearing them, having them "shot" outside their homes (did you read about the recent Judge shootings?) and otherwise disabled - then appoints theocratic justices, which the Congress shoos in without batting an eyelash.

Schools are once more filled with prayers before each class. All non-Christians are persecuted, rounded up, exiled, disenfranchised, unable to vote due to local ordinances. Ballot boxes are stuffed or digitally manipulated....

You really can't imagine this happening? The Constitution has been altered before. It can be altered again.

THAT is how you make a theocracy.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

You wouldn't go so far to say he isn't a Muslim? Despite the fact there is zero evidence of him EVER worshiping Islam or that he has been massively documented as being Christian, but JUST because he's worn Muslim garb before suddenly that is evidence enough for him being a Muslim? Talk about cognitive dissonance...

Obama is many things, but a Muslim he is not. Anyone who refuses to update their thinking that he isn't a Muslim really is showing they have no desire to correct their incorrect thinking.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

He was visiting his extended family in Africa. He was dressing appropriately for that venue. Duh.

He is using terminology that differentiates TERRORISTS from normal peaceful people. If he is going to say "radical Islam", he should also be talking about Cruz & Co for what they are: "radical Christians" (who are waging their own covert terrorist psyops right here, you know). You want that?
edit on 11/23/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He was speaking in a church to 15 or 20 kids taken there by the parents.
He did nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Oh..I see. This is a "I'm mad because they made fun of Obama and dared discuss religion with kids from a Christian School" thread.

I am being less than 'neutral' about this stuff - because my problem with religion is that it is put into little kids' heads.

Yeah, that whole "Freedom of Religion really sucks, huh?

They buy into the crap and hyperbole and smearing of Obama and the Democrats

And the Democrats jump right in on smearing the Republicans at every chance. Just take a look at the political threads around here.

This is, indeed, how bigots are made....and the kids in elementary school now are hearing this stuff from all sides. It needs to stop.

Yes, it does need to stop. Now, how about we stop the Liberal brainwashing of our kids too. Start teaching them to look at both sides, instead of the knee jerk " My Party Is Best" voting that's going on today. We have members here that will gleefully point out a Republican gaff and would completely ignore it if a Democrat did the same thing. None of these people are looking out for us, they will tell you whatever you want to hear, if it puts them in power.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's an awfully big stretch. I'd agree he did nothing illegal, but as for doing anything wrong? Lying to children is wrong no matter how you slice it.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Glad you see.

Start teaching them to look at both sides, instead of the knee jerk " My Party Is Best" voting that's going on today.

Fine. Could we start with telling them THE TRUTH?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

depends how you define "wrong."

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Politicians and people in authority should be held to a higher standard and jailed when they lie to the public.

I agree.
If it isn't implemented very slowly, we would be left with no politicians.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama is many things, but a Muslim he is not. Anyone who refuses to update their thinking that he isn't a Muslim really is showing they have no desire to correct their incorrect thinking.

He is also not a communist.
He is also not a foreign-born national.
But these cornflakes don't want to listen to anything that disabuses them of their benighted delusions.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You are very correct, and it is frightening how many of these candidates are running off nothing more than their own religion, their faith.

Such as Colonel Sanders, he wants to institute a secular humanist theocracy. After all, he listed off his policy points when discussing religion and faith on the Jimmy Kimmel program. Frightening.

All morality is based in faith, never forget that, leftists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join