It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie at the BET event = straw poll winner

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hope and change! But this time it'll be different! (hahahaha)

I hope things work out well.

But anyone who has to rely on government or a government representative for their good future is running a risk.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

There is nothing to address.... there is no conspiracy, it's basically pretty straight forward....

Bernie is hiding his malicious intent under the guise of illusions, he is a very dangerous man.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Bernie Sanders number one campaign contributions comes from Communications Workers of America... www.opensecrets.org...

Communications Workers of America represents 740,000 workers in telecommunications, broadcasting, journalism and other fields. The union's members work for companies such as AT&T, General Electric and many of the nation's top newspapers and broadcast stations.

AT&T owns 25 percent of Time Warner Entertainment — part of the AOL Time Warner empire — while Microsoft owns a $5 billion stake in AT&T Broadband

(ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership is supported by General Electric, AT&T.... It's no coincidence that Bernie is pushing for carbon taxes.

J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors

Providing a link to a website is hardly any kind of proof. Where's the article showing corporate donations to Bernie Sanders?

I sure as hell couldn't find it and I've got better things to do than going on Snipe chases.

And just for the record, CCA is a labor union of 3/4 of a million "people," all of which get an equal voice on the issues that affect them and none of which are required to donate for political purposes. Imagine that for a moment... "people with a voice."

Corporations on the other hand, are not "people" but rather entities created by the state.

They give no voice to anyone other than shareholders and the people who do work for them don't even have a voice with respect to the tools they use to perform their jobs, much less on political issues or donations.

Furthermore, just because you can name some corporate entities who happen to agree with a candidate's views on certain issues doesn't prove that they're offering donations to that candidate or that he/she is accepting them.

You're gonna have to do much better than that.

You said that Bernie's contributions were "rooted" in with those big corporate donors.

Why don't you show us a list, or a link with a list, of actual donations from corporate donors that Bernie has accepted.

You can't do it, can you? You can't lift the hammer...?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There is nothing to address.... there is no conspiracy, it's basically pretty straight forward....

Bernie is hiding his malicious intent under the guise of illusions, he is a very dangerous man.

If anything, it sound like you're a very fearful man.

One who's willing to believe unsubstantiated claims so long as they support your propensity to be scared.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So why doesn't all the other candidates call him out on his lies then?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but I'm not going to believe the word of some random person with no actual proof over someone who's been consistent in his ideals and policies for thirty years. You need to do better.

The last time I checked, the largest "individual" contributions Bernie has received are range from about 10,000-100,000, and they are all from unions. By comparison, Hillary's ranged from about 300,000-750,000. I think her largest or one of her top three largest contributors was Goldmann Sachs.

The above poster also makes a fair point: If Bernie actually had any "Dirty Laundry", every other candidate would be tearing him to shreds over it.
edit on 23/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Providing a link to a website is hardly any kind of proof. Where's the article showing corporate donations to Bernie Sanders?

I sure as hell couldn't find it .....

An example of Bernie's number one contributor wasn't that hard to find..... www.opensecrets.org...

Communications Workers of America www.opensecrets.org...

Communications Workers of America represents 740,000 workers in telecommunications, broadcasting, journalism and other fields. The union's members work for companies such as AT&T, General Electric and many of the nation's top newspapers and broadcast stations.

And just for the record, CCA is a labor union of 3/4 of a million "people," all of which get an equal voice on the issues that affect them and none of which are required to donate for political purposes. Imagine that for a moment... "people with a voice."

Everyone knows at the top of these unions are fat bureaucrat elitist who are paid off by corporate interest, examples of this can be seen in MSM where news journalist are fired for speaking their minds..... where is the CWA for these guys, where is their voice?.... crickets.

You said that Bernie's contributions were "rooted" in with those big corporate donors. .

Yes rooted by proxy.... Communications Workers of America represents AT&T, General Electric and the MSM etc... www.opensecrets.org...

AT&T, General Electric supports (ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership
prospect.org... A much more influential business group, the International Climate Change Partnership (ICCP), counts among its members such giants as General Electric, AT&T, Allied Signal, Dow Chemical, 3M, Dupont, Enron, and Electrolux.

Then up the latter you have en.wikipedia.org... J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors, Enron

thezog.info...
Of the ten(10) JPMorgan Chase Operating Committee members, eight(8) are Jews or have Jewish spouses.

Bernie Sanders en.wikipedia.org...
Sanders mother is a Jewish immigrant
Religion: Jewish
Sanders has said he is "proud to be Jewish"
Sanders attended Hebrew school
en.wikipedia.org...

so yeah connect all the dots.... Bernie Sanders is working for the big guys!

I know it's hard to believe..... shocker!

edit on 23-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Bernie Sanders number one campaign contributions comes from Communications Workers of America... www.opensecrets.org...

AT&T owns 25 percent of Time Warner Entertainment — part of the AOL Time Warner empire — while Microsoft owns a $5 billion stake in AT&T Broadband

(ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership is supported by General Electric, AT&T.... It's no coincidence that Bernie is pushing for carbon taxes.

J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors

His biggest contributor is a Union not the corporations that the Union members work for. I'd expect Unions to stand behind Bernie as he stands for them.

Jeeeeezzz.... talk about not being able to rub two sticks together.
edit on 23-11-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

I sure as hell couldn't find it .....

An example of Bernie's number one contributor wasn't that hard to find..... www.opensecrets.org...

Communications Workers of America www.opensecrets.org...

Everyone knows at the top of these unions are fat bureaucrat elitist who are paid off by corporate interest, examples of this can be seen in MSM where news journalist are fired for speaking their minds..... where is the CWA for these guys, where is their voice?.... crickets.

You said that Bernie's contributions were "rooted" in with those big corporate donors. .

Yes rooted by proxy.... Communications Workers of America represents AT&T, General Electric and the MSM etc... www.opensecrets.org...

AT&T, General Electric supports (ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership
prospect.org... A much more influential business group, the International Climate Change Partnership (ICCP), counts among its members such giants as General Electric, AT&T, Allied Signal, Dow Chemical, 3M, Dupont, Enron, and Electrolux.

Then up the latter you have en.wikipedia.org... J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors, Enron

thezog.info...
Of the ten(10) JPMorgan Chase Operating Committee members, eight(8) are Jews or have Jewish spouses.

Bernie Sanders en.wikipedia.org...
Sanders mother is a Jewish immigrant
Religion: Jewish
Sanders has said he is "proud to be Jewish"
Sanders attended Hebrew school
en.wikipedia.org...

so yeah connect all the dots.... Bernie Sanders is working for the big guys!

I know it's hard to believe..... shocker!

I's not hard to believe... it's impossible to believe and I'll tell you why.

Because your explanation is 100% pure unadulterated conjecture, based on guilt by association and devoid of a single documentable fact that would support your assertion that Bernie's political contributions are "rooted" in big corporate donors.

I believe the teachers union has already come out in support of Hillary but let's just say for the sake of argument, that the Teachers Union is backing Bernie.

Seeing how our school cafeteria supports our teachers and also serves Blue Bell ice cream to the students, does that mean that Blue Bell is making corporate donations to Bernie? Hell no it doesn't!

Marco Rubio is the son of Cuban immigrants, Cuba is ruled by Castro, Castro is supported by communist Russia, Russia is ruled by Putin, Putin's now in Syria fighting for Assad...... "Proof positive" that Putin & Assad must be supporting and contributing to Rubio's campaign right? Hell no it isn't.

It's a "Shocker" that you would think that anyone here on ATS is stupid enough to fall for someone utilizing the "6 degrees of separation" theory in an attempt to prove a conscious, (much less corrupt) connection between two people. What an absolute joke!

I'm sorry but your gonna have to do much better than that if you really expect to convince any rational person that your assertions are valid.

On the other hand, if your looking for a career as a investigative legal assistant for an attorney who thinks just like you do, check out Orly Taitz, you'd make her proud.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Because your explanation is 100% pure unadulterated conjecture, based on guilt by association and devoid of a single documentable fact that would support your assertion that Bernie's political contributions are "rooted" in big corporate donors.

Spoken by someone who’s probably never been involved in a union.

And I will tell you why your wrong:

#1 of all the millions of unions out there, Communications Workers of America (CWA) is Bernie Sanders number one contributor, that alone should raise flags.

Yes Bernie is guilty by association. The fact is CWA is associated with AT&T and other various large corporations in MSM, and the fact they negotiate deals and agreements. There is no need for a document to show you this when you could look at CWA website: www.cwa-union.org...

Yes rooted... like most modern day unions they are acting like corporations, often given monopoly rights by the government. They have stakeholders in the form of union membership, just like any other corporation.

This is where you have union donors who have identical objectives as the corporations they work for.... anyway the point is CWA is just a extension of the MSM!

edit on 23-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yes, Bernie is in bed with the large MSM corporations, which is exactly why it took them months to even start covering him, and why they promote Hillary so much more over him.

Hey, you're American, correct? Well, Dubya Bush was your president for eight years, and he committed war crimes, so... You're guilty of them too, no? By association.
edit on 23/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Spoken by someone who’s probably never been involved in a union.

And I will tell you why your wrong:

#1 of all the millions of unions out there, Communications Workers of America (CWA) is Bernie Sanders number one contributor, that alone should raise flags.

Yes Bernie is guilty by association. The fact is CWA is associated with AT&T and other various large corporations in MSM, and the fact they negotiate deals and agreements. There is no need for a document to show you this when you could look at CWA website: www.cwa-union.org...

Yes rooted... like most modern day unions they are acting like corporations, often given monopoly rights by the government. They have stakeholders in the form of union membership, just like any other corporation.

This is where you have union donors who have identical objectives as the corporations they work for.... anyway the point is CWA is just a extension of the MSM!

Not surprisingly, you couldn't be more wrong, AGAIN.

As it turns out, I actually do have a little experience with unions and I'm somewhat familiar with the federal restrictions that regulate their political fundraising.

I started working "on the waterfront" in 1973 through the International Longshoreman's Association at the age of 16. (It was easy to lie about your age back then and I did)

Thirty-two years later, in March of 2005, I retired from that job with full pension & health insurance at the age of 48.

During my tenure as a longshoreman, I served as an elected official for 4 separate local chapters, for over 20 yrs.. (Two of which, I was a Charter member of.) I was their chief representative in all disputes and/or contract negotiations.

In 1994, I was appointed by our District President as 1of 8 labor representatives to serve on the Board of Trustees responsible for administration & oversight of our 4 separate multi-employer benefit trust funds that provided benefits to over 3,000 union members in our southern district.

As a Trustee, I attended educational conferences annually along with 15,000 other Trustees representing other union trust funds from all over this nation, so I know a few other union people as well.

I volunteered my services for the first 13 yrs I held office as a union official, (A job that paid $70,000 a year to the guy I replaced.) and I held office completely unopposed, until the day I retired.

I earned my living working on the ships right alongside the men I represented and I never made over $80,000 in any given year of my life.

It's more than apparent that you have the impression that all union officials are corrupt as the day is long and could care less about the people they represent, but I assure it's just another one of your false narratives.

I'm not a highly educated man, I'm not a wealthy man, (hell I barely get by) but I'm not a corrupt man either and neither are the vast majority of union leaders across this nation.

If anything, based on your previous post in this thread, I'm inclined to believe that your hatred & distrust of unions may actually stem from their support and association with Bernie and other Democrats. Or, is it the other way around?

Either way, it fits right in with your current Modus Operandi of guilt by 6 degrees of association.

It was a nice try, but I assure you only the willfully ignorant will buy it.

edit on 23-11-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The thing I find most hilarious is that even if Bernie were actually lying about all this, it would just make him equal with the other politicians, not worse. Sorry state of affairs, huh?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
The thing I find most hilarious is that even if Bernie were actually lying about all this, it would just make him equal with the other politicians, not worse. Sorry state of affairs, huh?

I never thought about it like that, but you're absolutely right!

It's not like they have a single candidate they could point to and say "he/she is not a corporate puppet" except for Donald Trump who is actually a "puppeteer."

I guess things are pretty bad when the very best they can hope for is to make Bernie look as bad as their candidate.

IMO, Bernie is the only "clean" candidate in the race.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Yes, Bernie is in bed with the large MSM corporations, which is exactly why it took them months to even start covering him, and why they promote Hillary so much more over him.

Hey, you're American, correct? Well, Dubya Bush was your president for eight years, and he committed war crimes, so... You're guilty of them too, no? By association.

Bernie connection is a bit more than just by association. The heart of the Democratic coalition is Hollywood, TV and theater unions.... it is no coincidence that Bernie Sanders is associated with CWA and other various large MSM corporations that use them.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are on the same team, they just have different marketing schemes that appeal to different demographics.

Bernie is using the same tactics that of Obama campaign, playing lip service to popular issues, has attraction status to college towns and wants change in big government etc...

It is funny when Bernie say's the system is rigged to benefit the rich and powerful.... when it's in fact Bernie himself that is rigged to fool you into believing that you have a choice between Hillary and Bernie!

It's all a con job, an act that as been used by the establishment since the early days of democracy.....

As it turns out, I actually do have a little experience with unions and I'm somewhat familiar with the federal restrictions that regulate their political fundraising.

Ok I give you that, so you was a union man.... the union did you good. I get that. How many arms did you break to get that high up?

But here in the 21st century we have unions killing American growth, especially in the global marketplace. It is why everything is made in China. It is why politicians are paid off to support industries in foreign markets. It is why we see only 3 candidates running for president... It is why we don't see Vermin Supreme in the MSM!!!

The unions reach out to other "enemies" of large businesses like AT&T Vs. Verizon. They create an alliance with corporate/union interests for mutually beneficial fundraising and policy-setting efforts... much like the CWA is supporting Bernie and the Democratic establishment.

I'm now sure your familiar with these strong arm tactics, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Unions are only the tip of the iceberg... according Bernie they are melting, strange he has the same agenda as these big corporations?

Please don't break my arm!!!

edit on 24-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

The heart of the Democratic coalition is Hollywood, TV and theater unions.... it is no coincidence that Bernie Sanders is associated with CWA and other various large MSM corporations that use them.

You do realise Bernie is an independent, right? He caucuses with the democrats, but he's basically an independent, and when he was in the house of representatives he was an independent. During his mayor-ship, he was also an independent.

playing lip service to popular issues

Generally, playing lip service doesn't mesh very well with thirty years of consistency. Hillary's a good example of it, though.

It is funny when Bernie say's the system is rigged to benefit the rich and powerful.

He's right.

It's all a con job, an act that as been used by the establishment since the early days of democracy.

If Bernie is a con job, then he's a hell of a lot better of an actor than the rest of those bozos.

It is why everything is made in China. It is why politicians are paid off to support industries in foreign markets.

Oh god, please don't simplify it down that much, it's just lies and disinformation at that point. It's like when people say that muslims are terrorists. The reason why so much stuff is made in China and the US has no jobs isn't "Because Unions." The issue is significantly more complicated that and there are a large amount of contributing factors.

I'm sorry, but you really don't seem to have much of a clue what you're talking about.

edit on 24/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 24/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Bernie connection is a bit more than just by association. The heart of the Democratic coalition is Hollywood, TV and theater unions.... it is no coincidence that Bernie Sanders is associated with CWA and other various large MSM corporations that use them.

Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are on the same team, they just have different marketing schemes that appeal to different demographics.

Bernie is using the same tactics that of Obama campaign, playing lip service to popular issues, has attraction status to college towns and wants change in big government etc...

It is funny when Bernie say's the system is rigged to benefit the rich and powerful.... when it's in fact Bernie himself that is rigged to fool you into believing that you have a choice between Hillary and Bernie!

It's all a con job, an act that as been used by the establishment since the early days of democracy.....

Ok I give you that, so you was a union man.... the union did you good. I get that. How many arms did you break to get that high up?

But here in the 21st century we have unions killing American growth, especially in the global marketplace. It is why everything is made in China. It is why politicians are paid off to support industries in foreign markets. It is why we see only 3 candidates running for president... It is why we don't see Vermin Supreme in the MSM!!!

The unions reach out to other "enemies" of large businesses like AT&T Vs. Verizon. They create an alliance with corporate/union interests for mutually beneficial fundraising and policy-setting efforts... much like the CWA is supporting Bernie and the Democratic establishment.

I'm now sure your familiar with these strong arm tactics, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Unions are only the tip of the iceberg... according Bernie they are melting, strange he has the same agenda as these big corporations?

Please don't break my arm!!!

Look, I didn't break any arms to get my position and I didn't run for office out of any kind of a lust for power. I ran because myself and others didn't like the way our previous officers were representing us.

About a year and a half prior to my retirement, (which I wasn't planning at the time) I even turned an appointment to the position of Chairman of the Board of Trustees because I felt like my schedule just wouldn't allow it without diminishing my effectiveness in other areas.

So the answer to your question is, no arms were broken during my rise to power. That's not to say that sometimes individuals do indeed harm other people, especially when scabs cross picket lines during strikes and lock-outs, but the union doesn't promote or condone those actions.

When it comes to your assertion that unions are in bed with the corporations they work for.... Have you ever heard the phrase; "You can't have your cake and eat it too?"

If they're always in agreement on the issues, (even to the point of conspiring to collectively support the same political candidates) why all the labor strikes?

Why do we have lock-outs orchestrated by the companies?

Why, as you put it, did corporations move their manufacturing operations to China just to get away from unions?

Truth be told, on most issues and in the vast majority of cases, management & labor stand on opposite sides of the fence from each other, especially when it comes to politics!

In most cases and on most issues, unions and the companies that employ their members are more akin to adversaries than bedfellows.

It's not like companies go around looking for unions to represent their labor force, it's the labor force that gets tired of their treatment and decides to form or join a union to "stand up" for labor, against the company they work for.

My union was a multi-employer union, (14 companies were signatories to our contract) and I can't even remember a time where any of the companies agreed with the union on political candidates, except for maybe City Council or other local positions.

In closing I will tell you that unions are not the root cause of outsourcing or America's loss of manufacturing jobs.

There are numerous factors involved, but for the most part I'd blame it on greed and some really messed up trade agreements.

Either way, that's a whole nuther topic that I'd be happy to debate you in another thread.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

When it comes to your assertion that unions are in bed with the corporations they work for.... Have you ever heard the phrase; "You can't have your cake and eat it too?"

I have also heard "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Look by example: Police unions in bed with corrupted officials, judges, politicians, MSM etc.

Yes... unions have caused American factories to move overseas with nonunion workers, in the auto industry it's seen as the new Detroit! This type of union backlash provides lift for corporations and politicians.

We are going to agree to disagree... I don't think the political landscape represents the people.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Bernie Sanders is a much better choice than Trump or Clinton. Hopefully he has a chance.

Sanders isn't in the race to win his party's nomination. His goal is ensure the left wing arm of the Democratic is happy once Hillary wins the nomination. This much is obvious , just look at how he hasn't gone after Hillary conduct around her own personal email server.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I... I...

Bernie's MAIN selling point is that he's focused on the issues rather than smearing his opponents and all that other political excrement. Everyone is happy that he's not going on and on about Hillary's emails. Because, instead, he's talking about things that are actually important. Like the future of the country, y'know. Kinda something you want politicians to focus on.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join