It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie at the BET event = straw poll winner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi, all.

Was just browsing around and came across this article from the DailyKos:

BNR - 'Sanders At The BET Presidential Justice Forum' & 'Bernie Officially Files In S.C.'

There was another one with the straw poll link titled Ber nie Shows Up....Kicks Ass Crushes Straw Poll...

Afterwards, there was a straw poll for attendees at the event. Interesting results:

Sanders: 65%

Clinton: 23%

O’Malley: 12%

Link to straw poll

At this event which took place on Black Entertainment Television network with the participation of 20/20, Bernie knocked it out of the park....a huge success. The first link above has the isolated clip of his speech (which I posted), and some very interesting commentary. The second link has the whole event, but shows the straw poll results.

so yeah

I went to see my mom today, and we were talking about the POTUS candidates on offer this year. We both pay attention, and agree that it is kind of surreal in many ways.....
so - we discussed it.

Some of you may be aware of the GOP 'panel/forum' that took place in Des Moines in recent days - hosted by TheFamilyLeader.com in Des Moines.

That event included Cruz, Rubio, Carson, Paul, Santorum, Huckabee, and Fiorina (in roughly that order, I can't recall exactly, and am disinterested in looking it up at the moment); suffice to say that not all of them were there, and the ones that attended were actually pressed and kept on topic by a FANTASTIC MODERATOR, a guy named Frank, and it was the most serious and non-absurd interview-type thing that I've seen so far.

Trump, Kasich, and .... well, damn, I can't think of the names of the rest of them ..... OH! Yeah, Bush ..... they weren't there. Isn't there one called Graham, too? I can't keep up. ETA: Oh yeah, Christie. He wasn't there, either....so, that's 12. ??

Anyway, it was a grounded discussion, but unfortunately was focused entirely on God and Religion and the "if714" movement - if you don't want to hear the lame jokes or the pleas for money, skip to about 25 minutes in. Then you'll be delighted to see the advertisement for the if7:14 movement - another topic, tangentially pertinent.

But I digress. If any of you are interested in how Bernie did at a concurrent event, and how the 'straw poll' they conducted afterward showed him at 65%......

I'd like to discuss the differences between the GOP squad and the DEM cadre....if anyone else is interested.

edit on 11/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

I'm watching the first vid I posted again. Folks this is about BLM, and Posse Commitatus....etc. It covers police brutality, the prejudice against people of color, etc.

I ENCOURAGE you all to watch it.
Thanks for your attention.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I don't really think the 'races' are all that different but I do think the content of the rhetoric is different.

The GOP pandering to fear and hate. The Dems pandering to Big Finance (and that includes Bernie to some extent which shows his pragmatic side IMO).

It's easy to see the self-promoters (triangulation, opinion by poll, say whatever 'they' (of the moment) what to heard) and those that are running from personal conviction of some type (however twisted it may be).

Bernie is authentic, experienced and genuine in his presence, presentation and motive.

Whereas Trump and Carson, while acting and speaking authentically (saints preserve) and with a certain presence do not have a motive of SERVICE to society. Neither is deliberate in thought, speech or action and I don't want someone running the country that will response (for all of our) as rashly as I have seen in these two 'outlier' candidates.

Money, as always, will play a big role in the General Election and I would like to think that whoever is chosen by either party is backed by their Party fully - but if an 'outlier' is selected, I don't see that happening. I doubt even that an honest candidate can win a nomination in the 'Election as public spectacle' world.

Hillary is already speaking of having the Democrat 'super-delegates' paid off.

As always - vote your heart in the primaries and vote the lesser evil (however you see it) in the General but do VOTE.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I don't really think the 'races' are all that different but I do think the content of the rhetoric is different.

lol!! I just changed that last line to DEM cadre....didn't mean to bring 'race' into it like it sounded...
ok - back to your post.

....how do you think Bernie is pandering to Big Finance? I don't see that at all....

Bernie is authentic, experienced and genuine in his presence, presentation and motive.

Exactly.

The rest (on both sides) are not worthy of POTUS...

Like Mom and I were discussing, to think of all the dignified and intelligent world leaders out there, and how sending ANY of the GOP guys out there (save Paul - he's the only reasonably acceptable one of the bunch)...it's already embarrassing enough!!!

I think Hillary may be TPTB choice, but I know that Sanders is winning the popular vote right now. And TPTB know it, too. Even if he doesn't get 'selected', he's making a huge difference.

Thanks for participating.....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Bernie Sanders is a much better choice than Trump or Clinton. Hopefully he has a chance.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
He is now talking about private prisons being wrong, the revocation of voting rights are wrong, and how mental health treatment is the answer, not prison.

This guy is so right, and so aware, and so real that I can't say enough to encourage all people reading ATS, and all citizens of the USA - to listen to him, PLEASE. Listen to him.

He has the answers, the plans, and the reputation....

BERNIE SANDERS IS OUR GUY !!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How did he do at the White Entertainment Television poll?

Sanders is very popular with young people.

Did the white college students participate or were they hiding out at their white safe spaces in the White Student Centers?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Did the white college students participate or were they hiding out at their white safe spaces in the White Student Centers?

Well I don't know where the white students are but it's not hard to find the white resentment.

K~

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

IMO, Bernie is the only choice!

All the other candidates are either bought & paid for by corporate special interest, chomping at the bit to march us into another ME war, denies science and promises to legislate based on religious ideology or, is just plain "dumber than a box of rocks." (and/or any combination thereof)

While Bernie on the other hand, is none of those.

Go Bernie!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Resentment?

What are you referring to?

Unless maybe you define resentment as pointing out hypocrites and overt racist segregationalists using satire.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

If that does happen (the delegates being paid off and the election rigged) I expect to see rioting in the streets, or at the very least large protests. Even ignoring the context, that should never be acceptable. Ever. If that actually does happen, I half expect a civil war, because that is the moment the US no longer even maintains the illusion of a democracy, and that is the moment when your 2nd Amendment proves its worth and purpose.

As I, an Australian outside observer see it, it is Bernie or Bust. That's not just a nice little #Twitter motto, it is a literal description of the situation you are in right now. If he does not win, your country is completely screwed. He is your last hope at turning things around. The last chance at salvation before the brakes on this downward accelerating train are removed, and the engine destroyed. Eight years (or even just four) of Clinton, Trump, or Carson is not something your country can afford right now.

Bernie will always do what is best for the people, for the masses at large rather than special interests like corporations, banks, or billionaires.
Can you truly, honestly, cross your heart and hope to die, then swear on the bible or your associated text, be able to say that even a single other candidate shares that with him? Because if you can, then I have another story for you, and you are not going to like it.

edit on 22/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

edit on 22/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Mysterious Reasons

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish
All the other candidates are either bought & paid for by corporate special interest,

Go Bernie!

False!
Bernie and the big corporations would want you to believe that.
Bernie Sanders campaign contributions is rooted with AT&T, General Electric and (ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership
Time Warner Entertainment etc... BET is bought and paid for by these guys.....

Bernie is a BIG CON artist!!!

edit on 22-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: aethertek

Resentment?

What are you referring to?

Unless maybe you define resentment as pointing out hypocrites and overt racist segregationalists using satire.

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance How did he do at the White Entertainment Television poll? Sanders is very popular with young people. Did the white college students participate or were they hiding out at their white safe spaces in the White Student Centers?

So who are the hypocrites & overt racist segregationalists (sic)?
The BET employees, those who voted in their poll, Bernie Sanders, the young people or the white students?

I only ask since you didn't define who was whom or what.
Your post consisted only of some back handed gripe about BET (damn those uppity blacks for having their own TV channel) & then some vague reference to white students.
Obviously a reference to those recent atrocities of white students being cursed at (oh the horror).

But not to worry you made your point, your post oozes your opinion with clarity.

K~

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

lol!! I just changed that last line to DEM cadre....didn't mean to bring 'race' into it like it sounded...
ok - back to your post.

....how do you think Bernie is pandering to Big Finance? I don't see that at all....

Exactly.

The rest (on both sides) are not worthy of POTUS...

Like Mom and I were discussing, to think of all the dignified and intelligent world leaders out there, and how sending ANY of the GOP guys out there (save Paul - he's the only reasonably acceptable one of the bunch)...it's already embarrassing enough!!!

I think Hillary may be TPTB choice, but I know that Sanders is winning the popular vote right now. And TPTB know it, too. Even if he doesn't get 'selected', he's making a huge difference.

Thanks for participating.....

I meant race in the sense of a 'foot' race not in a biological sense.

And Bernie does play to the military quite a bit and they have their hands in everything. He is a pragmatist and knows that he will need 'powerful' support to 'win' (???) office. I am not entirely sure that is his end game either. He has said that he wanted to run - to win if possible - but to ensure that real issues of import to regular citizens was part of the discussions (hence his desire for cross party primary debates).

Personally, I see Rand Paul as another non-deliberate (in the sense of not thinking before speaking) sort who lacks self-control and hence isn't truly qualified in my opinion to Public Office.

I truly believe that our Public Officers should be truly restrained and deliberate people. We, the average citizen, may relate more to the 'reactionary' character of these people but that doesn't make them people to respect and/or emulate.

Both are idealists in their own ways, which I respect; but idealism must be tempered with restraint, humility and compromise in the name of the 'common' good. Few people, let alone politicians, display these character traits any longer; fewer still seek them for themselves in this 'self-centered' society we had created in the wake of US empire and exceptionalism.

At that level - I want strong STRATEGISTS not mediocre tacticians. People who will take the time to think several years and decades into the future - not just to the next poll.

I believe Bernie has that ability. He has shown it in his consistent behavior and speech and his quiet ability to actually get things done - while maintaining his ideals (as a goal to strive towards) and with honesty.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn

If that does happen (the delegates being paid off and the election rigged) I expect to see rioting in the streets, or at the very least large protests. Even ignoring the context, that should never be acceptable. Ever. If that actually does happen, I half expect a civil war, because that is the moment the US no longer even maintains the illusion of a democracy, and that is the moment when your 2nd Amendment proves its worth and purpose.

As I, an Australian outside observer see it, it is Bernie or Bust. That's not just a nice little #Twitter motto, it is a literal description of the situation you are in right now. If he does not win, your country is completely screwed. He is your last hope at turning things around. The last chance at salvation before the brakes on this downward accelerating train are removed, and the engine destroyed. Eight years (or even just four) of Clinton, Trump, or Carson is not something your country can afford right now.

Bernie will always do what is best for the people, for the masses at large rather than special interests like corporations, banks, or billionaires.
Can you truly, honestly, cross your heart and hope to die, then swear on the bible or your associated text, be able to say that even a single other candidate shares that with him? Because if you can, then I have another story for you, and you are not going to like it.

I'd like to believe that as well but if the election of 2000 taught us anything is that riots in the street will not happen. US citizens are too concerned with putting food on the table, keeping a job (any job), not getting sick, just surviving to risk anything by direct action. Except for action against 'THEM' whoever they are this week.

Big money will sea to that and if 'apeasement' doesn't work well we do have militarized police to maintain control.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

No they were on ATS posting dumb unrelated to the topic comments. Go away with your race baiting tactics. Grown ups are talking!

I think I'll start paying him a little more attention myself because I've been less then impressed by the alternatives.

Respect.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Jahari

I sure hope you do - he's very well worth listening to.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

All the other candidates are either bought & paid for by corporate special interest,

Go Bernie!

False!
Bernie Sanders campaign contributions is rooted with AT&T, General Electric and (ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership

You got a source?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Go Bernie!

False!

Do you have any source material to back up your claim or am I supposed to believe it just because you said it?

Unless you can provide the proof, I'm calling liar, liar, pants on fire!

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders number one campaign contributions comes from Communications Workers of America... www.opensecrets.org...

Communications Workers of America represents 740,000 workers in telecommunications, broadcasting, journalism and other fields. The union's members work for companies such as AT&T, General Electric and many of the nation's top newspapers and broadcast stations.

AT&T owns 25 percent of Time Warner Entertainment — part of the AOL Time Warner empire — while Microsoft owns a $5 billion stake in AT&T Broadband

(ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership is supported by General Electric, AT&T.... It's no coincidence that Bernie is pushing for carbon taxes.

J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors
edit on 23-11-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Bernie Sanders number one campaign contributions comes from Communications Workers of America... www.opensecrets.org...

Communications Workers of America represents 740,000 workers in telecommunications, broadcasting, journalism and other fields. The union's members work for companies such as AT&T, General Electric and many of the nation's top newspapers and broadcast stations.

AT&T owns 25 percent of Time Warner Entertainment — part of the AOL Time Warner empire — while Microsoft owns a $5 billion stake in AT&T Broadband

(ICCP) International Climate Change Partnership is supported by General Electric, AT&T.... It's no coincidence that Bernie is pushing for carbon taxes.

J.P. Morgan’s bank controlled one third of America’s railways and almost 70% of the steel industry. He eventually had a stake in the major companies of the 20th century. Among them, AT&T, ITT, General Electric, General Motors

I see you posted the same thing you posted in another thread that someone already addressed. Basically, there is a conspiracy to a conspiracy linking him to Corporate money...got ya. I won't be wasting anymore time on that idea. If you have something legitimate, then speak up but lately the Sanders critics having nothing of substance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join