It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May have just seen my first UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So me and my wife were outside letting our dog go to the bathroom and looking up at Orion (for no reason really). When we turned to go back inside we were still looking up at the clear night sky when I pointed at something and said "what the hell is that!". We live in a decently lit neighborhood that has planes and helicopters flying over all the time and there is a small local airport nearby (We live right outside of Birmingham, AL). The craft in question was ABSOLUTELY silent, no sound PERIOD. It had no lighting on it whatsoever but was close enough for us to see it. My first thought was that it was three birds flying in perfect formation but it was not that, let me repeat... it was not birds. The shape was triangular (naturally) with grey 'tips' at what would have been the three edges. It was hard to gauge the altitude but a rough guess is that it was about a half to 3/4 mile high, again... that is a rough guess. I wish that we had been better prepared for it, when it left our field of vision we ran to our backyard to track it's path and nowhere to be found, ran out front and nothing.

Anyway, my wife, who is the biggest skeptic was determined that it was a jet but that could not be, this made ZERO sound (if I hadn't known better I would have thought it was a blazing fast kite flying through the air). I have never really posted here, but it seemed appropriate to at least get the story off my chest. There isn't much to go with and it may have been man-made, but it still qualifies as a UFO since we don't know what it was. This was by far the strangest thing that I have ever seen in the sky and wish I had a phone on me at the time but it was a here and gone so fast that there was no response time. It flew by very quickly.

There you go ATS, one guy's (hopeful) first UFO sighting... CHEERS!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vault40

Did it look Matt Black as far you could tell, and have cocoon shape to it, where it looked like an upside down triangle.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Welcome to the club!

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Warm welcome for you, V40!

Definately worthy of thought and coNvo here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Did it have any lights?

Was it moving or spinning on the spot etc?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Read what they wrote.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I have a friend who lives near an airport and frequently sees craft that fly silently with no lights exactly as you described.

Funny thing is he seems to be under the impression that they are holograms but he never elaborated as to why he feels that way.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Look at this -

www.space.com...

Scroll down a bit to see what the picture of the SOAR, which I thought of when I read your description.
It is a suborbital spaceplane.

Does that look anything like what you saw?
edit on 21-11-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Check out the latest NUFIRC report.

www.nuforc.org...

Sound like yours?

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
HI guys, and thanks for all of the wonderful responses. I wish that I could definitely say that some of these suggestions matched ours, but unfortunately they do not. At best, it had the appearance of what I would imagine a hologram would look like (Although I would seriously argue that it was not). It just moved so smoothly and quietly, I wish that I could describe it better. The only real shape that we could see was the grayed out 'edges' of the craft, the body itself was difficult to see (similar to the first response in this post)

Did it look Matt Black as far you could tell, and have cocoon shape to it, where it looked like an upside down triangle.

But unfortunately, as you imagine, we did not plan to see this so we were greatly unprepared for this event. Even taking our eyes off it would have made it nearly impossible to find again in the sky, as what happened when we ran to our back and front yard to catch it when it flew out of sight.

Anyway, wish there was more I could say but now my eyes will be glued to the sky even more than normal when I am walking the dog on these wonderful clear nights!!

*edit* my wife, ever the skeptic, still won't say out loud what I have no problem hoping it was

edit on 11/21/2015 by Vault40 because: in addition

new topics

top topics

join