It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something interesting just flew over

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

It was pretty solid/laser like, possibly a tinge up front. I was driving so I didn't get the best look at it. I always scan the sky, I live under the flight path for Dobbins ARB where they built the 22's. I used to wake up every morning go outside and smoke a cigarette and watch them take off when the noise abatement lifted in the AM.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

interesting sounds right. welcome to the club.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Been around a few years reading, got bored and decided to start posting too... glad to be here.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sounds like our friend had an emergency mission laid on.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
zaph,

Mali situation? or something else?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Most likely. Sounds like most got away and took people with them.
edit on 11/20/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

A direct line flight from Edwards/S. Cali over Atlanta put it right through Namibia.
Many many unsavory extremist cells in Namibia.
Post attack would be an opportune time to collect communication chatter to isolate camps to focus on.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
hope she finds her quarry.

as for mali terrorists.....something wicked this way comes. you can run but you can't hide....not from her.
edit on 20-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yah know I even told my girlfriend that I thought I had seen something good. I figured it was the right on time model with the speed I saw.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Color me jealous. Question - my wife and I are buying a travel trailer, and plan to spend vacations the next few years camping out all over the States.

Any suggestions for places that are nice to camp at that one may have a (even if just slightly) increased chance of catching a glimpse in the night sky?

She makes fun of me nerding out on these boards, but hey its a better vice than other things.

edit on 21-11-2015 by SonOfThor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Out to the western areas. Utah has Dugway, New Mexico has White Sands, etc. Just about anywhere near one of the fun bases.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

In WA: Point Defiance state park, Whidbey Is. and anywhere along the Columbia river east of the Cascade mt. range.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

I just spent the weekend camping near edwards. saw something pretty interesting/odd around 11:30pm in the sky. a strange very bright star with a disappearing act.

also saw a b2 in the day cruising around. but she was pretty far away.

but I recommend camping off the 14 highway if your inclined.
edit on 22-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Bass are you quitting ats?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Did you check to see if it was an Iridium flare?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I've thought of that but I dont think so. on this one I'll need ats help. it was at about 20 degrees elevation. not scintillating. bright yellowish red.

I figure it could possibly be an aircraft on approach cause it had a similar intensity and was the same size. about as big as venus. and then the winking out was from it turning sharply away. but I figure in perfect 34 degree cold desert air with zero clouds I woulda seen running/nav lights, or star board and port lights.

then I thought maybe a flare. but I've seen those and it wasn't one of those.

literally I was sky watching looked towards a constellation and all was fine. the constellation had a dominant bright star at its base. I look away to scan other parts of they sky. look back a minute later and the dominant star has this bright venus like light of yellowish red hue right next to it. about as close as pollux & castor stars are to each other. looked like it was in the atmosphere and only a few miles away. 20-30 at best. bout the size of Venus but much brighter. it stayed perfectly in position relative to this other star. watched it for a few minutes (bout two) going wtf is that. me and my buddy just looking up at it wondering. thinking and saying to each other "that was not there a second ago" and it doesn't look like anything I can think of. it seemed to get slighty brighter or more intense as the few minutes ticked by then it literally, simply, blinked out. never to be seen again. wasn't slightly climbing or descending or anything else that would impart the sense of movemrnt. just hung there perfectly still and crisp.

it was in the direction of China lake. I was camped between edwards and China lake somewhere off the 14 by red Rick Ricardo jawbone.

still don't know what it was. was interesting though.

also some f18 according to the deputy who got a better look at it was flying low around that area earlier in the day. so that was cool too.

Leos out there have seen the green lady too.. described the light just right. say they see it often enough. amazing what the locals see out the there.

hoping sonebody can give me an idea of what it was i saw. could have been mundane for all I know but it sure was noteworthy.

btw if you like challanging hiking try nightmare gulch. I can barely walk today because of it. she is aptly named. just bring tons of water and an extra bare of shoes. lots of basalt and sandstone you'll be climbing all over.
edit on 23-11-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

The 395 corridor between Lonepine, Ca and Bishop, Ca. Seen some interesting things out there. TTR is approx 100 miles to the east.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Sammamishman

I just spent the weekend camping near edwards. saw something pretty interesting/odd around 11:30pm in the sky. a strange very bright star with a disappearing act.

also saw a b2 in the day cruising around. but she was pretty far away.

but I recommend camping off the 14 highway if your inclined.

I've seen that star as well. Was a little North of Edwards towards China Lake. In addition to it's disappearing act, we also watched it shoot straight up and then fall back down like a leaf floating in the wind. Pretty interesting to say the least.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MAVERICKANDGOOSE

absolutely! I trout fish up at independence. on the way back I've seen so be odd stuff too.

and this last whatever it is was right in the direction of China lake.

I completely believe you saw it doing other strange stuff other than hover. it did not look normal whatever it was. and the winking out thing. it wasn't like it turned off some head light or something. it was just gone.....

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It sound that there is amazing craft in the skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join