It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something interesting just flew over

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MAVERICKANDGOOSE

personally i think it could be tied into whatever that other star like object many members have seen that appears to teleport or do 90 degree turns at very high speed. my self included.

America got some bad ass stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

absolutely! I trout fish up at independence. on the way back I've seen so be odd stuff too.

and this last whatever it is was right in the direction of China lake.

I completely believe you saw it doing other strange stuff other than hover. it did not look normal whatever it was. and the winking out thing. it wasn't like it turned off some head light or something. it was just gone.....

It moved vertically through 20 degrees of sky in about 1 second and then came to a hover. It was in the air for approx 10-15 mins at a time between midnight and 4am.
Also saw a fast mover moving from West to East near Lonepine. It was hauling tail and dropped down towards the middle of Nevada. We were up on a peak in the White Mountains doing some 'star gazing' when this bird came through. Whatever it was, it was moving faster than anything i've ever seen in the sky. Pretty familiar with air traffic patterns in California and this was flying in airspace where there shouldn't have been anything. Suffice it to say, all of our family vacays for the last 5 years have been in the Mojave/Eastern Sierra's and not because of the trout fishin lol. Thats just the icing on the cake.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

personally i think it could be tied into whatever that other star like object many members have seen that appears to teleport or do 90 degree turns at very high speed. my self included.

America got some bad ass stuff.

"We have things in the Mojave desert that would make James Cameron jealous...."

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
there is some good trout fishing over there,
got this awesome little brookie, just a little north of Independence.

As far as the twinkling star, ive seen it twice while in the high sierra both times it rose out of the SE, and went off to the nw, it is the fastest thing ive seen that I refered to earlier in this thread.
It is a brilliant pulsating white light that crosses the entire sky in like 90 seconds.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

of course the trout fishing is just the icing on the cake. everybody knows that the real reason to go up to lonepine is for Diaz lake all the crappy catfish you could want.......that the raccoons don't steal from your trout line.

"we now have the technology to take ET home"

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Possible that it might have been a sodium laser guide star for some sort of atmospheric study or optics calibration.

Sodium beacons are created by using a laser specially tuned to 589.2 nanometers to energize a layer of sodium atoms that is naturally present in the mesosphere at an altitude of around 90 kilometers. The sodium atoms then re-emit the laser light, producing a glowing artificial star. The same atomic transition of sodium is used to create bright yellow street lights in many cities.

en.wikipedia.org...

Another theory is something (possible craft or NEO) that might have been re-entering the atmosphere in a relative direct line to your position, hence giving you the perception of having no relative motion. It increased in brightness as it plunged deeper into the atmosphere, then cooled quickly as it slowed enough for the glow to abate.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

if its similar or the same thing i saw back in the day then I've seen it do that cross the sky super fast thing. along with a few "jumps" where it literally just disappears and reappears instantly later halfway across the sky. once saw it slalom and that reminds me of the above mentioned falling leaf.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

of course the trout fishing is just the icing on the cake. everybody knows that the real reason to go up to lonepine is for Diaz lake all the crappy catfish you could want.......that the raccoons don't steal from your trout line.

"we now have the technology to take ET home"

LOL @ Diaz lake.

indeed we do..

We've had a couple more sightings up in that area of similar things but I don't feel comfortable talking about what we saw on teh interwebs out of respect for the DoD. I just hope that in my lifetime some of these things we saw come out of black and into the white world.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

more red than yellow in this case. not sodium colored. but anything's possible. it was of laser like intensity though that adds credence to your theory. however this thing seemed close enough that at 20 degrees elevation it wouldn't have been at 90km alt.

however it was a perfect night. zero wind. zero clouds. very little scintillating except very close to the horizon. woukd that make a good or bad reason to conduct an experiment like that. also looked like it was coming from very close to China lake area. do they do those types of testing there? I'm asking cause I don't know.

one thing to clarify is that this thing was a reddish yellow the other suspected sighting from "back in the day" were bluish white and at extreme altitudes. this looked like 20 thousand or less feet alt. but it's all hard to judge accurately in those regards.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

if its similar or the same thing i saw back in the day then I've seen it do that cross the sky super fast thing. along with a few "jumps" where it literally just disappears and reappears instantly later halfway across the sky. once saw it slalom and that reminds me of the above mentioned falling leaf.

Those "jumps" freaked my wife out! She couldn't even wrap her head around the idea of that tech existing. She was convinced we were gonna go to jail for watching that 'test'.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

hey from looking at images of laser guide stars absolutely not what I saw.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

however it was a perfect night. zero wind. zero clouds. very little scintillating except very close to the horizon. woukd that make a good or bad reason to conduct an experiment like that. also looked like it was coming from very close to China lake area. do they do those types of testing there? I'm asking cause I don't know.

We shot compass headings during one of the sightings and it was near TTR.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

always wanted to camp at that string of pond/lakes up by the onion just to see what I could see at 2 am in the sky. always head down right after sundown. or camp at lower intake after dark. but at 10,000 foot elevation there's gotta be a lot to see "up there" I just don't think I could handle the cold over night.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

very interesting. make ones head spin to think about it all.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thought it might be a long shot but figures I'd throw it out there. It is an odd coincidence that that area of the SW desert seams to be a hot spot for odd sighting.

Makes me antsy to get back down there.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

you really should. like I said 14 hwy great for "camping"

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

catch that brook at oak creek?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My bad, it was WAAAY north of independence, near twin lakes by Bridgeport. I forget how much ground I can cover on the moto, when the man is not watching.
I know a couple other good spots in Nevada, between Hawthorne and mammoth lakes.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'd like to hear about these spots north of mammoth. I don't venture past there much but me n my fishing buddy I always go with are looking for new trout spots. with the drought this year were worried about the water levels by our usual spots like Tuttle and hogback.

on the bright side yellowtail was explosive this summer. got limits a few times. probably fed 40 people at various bbqs with yellow tail tacos with all the fixns over the last few months. winter looks rough though this year for fishing. alot of the lakes in the socal are dried up or closed. some good stripe bass but I keep managing to miss those outings with my buddies when they go due to work obligations. kinda jealous of em actually

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'd like to hear about these spots north of mammoth. I don't venture past there much but me n my fishing buddy I always go with are looking for new trout spots. with the drought this year were worried about the water levels by our usual spots like Tuttle and hogback.

on the bright side yellowtail was explosive this summer. got limits a few times. probably fed 40 people at various bbqs with yellow tail tacos with all the fixns over the last few months. winter looks rough though this year for fishing. alot of the lakes in the socal are dried up or closed. some good stripe bass but I keep managing to miss those outings with my buddies when they go due to work obligations. kinda jealous of em actually

I've got a freezer full of yellowtail, bluefin, yellowfin and wahoo! This summer was insane. It got to the point where we were cutting off 25-30lb yellows and leaving schools biting to look for bigger fish. Most days we took my skiff out we had easy limits in a few hours, usually right in front of the harbor. The wahoo bite last month was epic. Don't think we'll see anything like that again in this lifetime.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join