It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz to Obama: 'Insult Me to My Face'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
What's your opinion on Cruz's "No Refugees" stance, then?

I disagree with his "no to Muslim, yes to Christian" stance. I don't give a flip what religion they are, I say "No" across the board. I'm an advocate of a complete moratorium on all immigration into the USA until we resolve our in house disasterpieces fully. Once that is settled, jobs picture robust, deficit spending ended, budget balanced, and we've brought this runaway train of a government back to our heels where it can be stepped down hard on by We the People the next time it forgets its role and steps out of line, then and only then should we discuss reopening the borders and welcoming new Americans into the country. Right now immigrants only serve as Kept Voters for whichever party gives them the most lucrative handout from our overstressed tax dollars, and that must stop NOW.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I really feel sorry for you Americans with functional cerebral cortices, knowing that this guy is someone people will actually vote for (though hopefully not too many) must be absolutely infuriating.

It pisses me off, and I live in a different country.

How long has this guy been in office for?

Meh apparently Barnum and bailey called the GOP .....They want their clowns back.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What's your opinion on Cruz's "No Refugees" stance, then?

I disagree with his "no to Muslim, yes to Christian" stance. I don't give a flip what religion they are, I say "No" across the board. I'm an advocate of a complete moratorium on all immigration into the USA until we resolve our in house disasterpieces fully. Once that is settled, jobs picture robust, deficit spending ended, budget balanced, and we've brought this runaway train of a government back to our heels where it can be stepped down hard on by We the People the next time it forgets its role and steps out of line, then and only then should we discuss reopening the borders and welcoming new Americans into the country. Right now immigrants only serve as Kept Voters for whichever party gives them the most lucrative handout from our overstressed tax dollars, and that must stop NOW.

Great post sir. I completely agree. In fact I believe that is what Ted Cruz is about also.
You can't be letting the neighbors kids move in if you can't even feed your own damn kid's yourself.
This is insanity that people side with hotshot Obama and his hyperbole.
We ain't scared of orphans and widows and he damn well knows that.
Everyone else should too.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Sorry, that's your opinion, and it's one those thirty voters are entitled to disagree with. ...and I wouldn't change a thing.

Are one of those thirty going to be me? Nope. Right now, Carson gets mine. That may change in the days and weeks ahead. I don't vote for a party, I vote the person. I'm not always right, in fact I can't remember the last time my guy won...Bush I, I think. Every other time, better luck next time.

As for my opinion on refugees? Carefully. Carefully.

What does it matter? Our southern border is wide open, if terrorists of whatever title want in, they can come in. Come to think on it, our northern border ain't all that secure, either. One can walk across either with a little forethought, and effort.

Hate to break this to many of you, but your "insight" isn't the be all end all of wisdom. It's merely opinion. Other opinions are just as valid, regardless of whether or not you agree.

edit on 11/19/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

The tolerant Left strikes again!

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
@harvestdog:

We ain't scared of orphans and widows and he damn well knows that.
Everyone else should too.

Then just make it clear that the reason you don't want those people in your country is because you don't want your economy to collapse, not because you're worried about terrorists. And to be fair, it isn't so much "the neighbor's kids" as it is "the starving, homeless orphans from further in the city."

a reply to: burdman

Hmm, I wonder ever so much what could be stressing your budget to breaking point.
So much for human rights, eh? USA, land of the free (well, exploited), home of the brave, denier of the refugees. That's gonna be a great recruiting campaign for the radicals back in the middle east.
I'm sorry to say this as I wish there were more options, but if you actually want your political system to even have a chance of being fixed (from within) you have one option, and I don't get the feeling you like Bernie that much. If you don't want to hope Bernie can save you, or Trump can work some kind of voodoo troll magic, it's gonna be revolution time for you guys. Massive protests. If that doesn't work, civil war.

a reply to: seagull

Well, yes, I guess thirty voters is fine. Won't make too much of a difference, and it's ultimately their choice.

Bush Sr. or Jr, and the first term or the second term?
I hope you don't vote for "the person" but coincidentally everyone has been Republican.
What do you see in Carson then, and compare him to say, Sanders... Or Shillary if you really want to. Maybe Trump.

So you're saying... Let them in? I'm confused.
Really, you guys have to get the NSA shut down. It's almost completely useless and is a big budget sink.

My insight says "Sanders in the only one who seems to want to fix the corruption in politics and the economy, as well as avoiding war." My insight says "How can anyone possibly vote for anyone else?"

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am so tired of Democrats and Republicans acting like all the problems stem from THE OTHER GUY'S political party. Both the Democrat and Republican parties are criminal enterprises and they are not being run for OUR benefit. It is time to run these criminals out of American politics. They have conspired among themselves to keep honest Americans from political office for far too long. We need to root Democrats and Republicans out of their offices and drag them down the capitol steps and liberally apply the tar and feathers before sending them on their way. We need honest men and women who have sweat on their brow, calluses on their hands, and compassion in their hearts. Men and women who are not beholden to criminal enterprises for their political fortune. Men and women who love America more than they love power and money. The Democrat and Republican parties are two sides of the same coin and it is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest government for the American people.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Yeah, those tolerant people, always all being up in my face with their tolerance, and that whole "accepting other people" and "helping other people" thing. God, can't they see how bad their thinking is? I mean, toleration! Can you even believe? It's like Hitler all over again. Can't they just learn to leave us alone? I don't need no tolerance. I mean, I don't know what it stands for, but it's just gotta be bad. That's what my pa told me, at least. He said "Son, corporations and the government might make you work three jobs at slave wages to just barely eke by. The insurance companies might extort you for healthcare cover at extremely high prices, and if you don't get insurance you'll have to sell six of your kidneys to cover a splint. That's all well and good, after all, those CEOs won't be able to get their platinum toilet seats if you live a decent life. But do not ever. I repeat. EVER let them make you tolerate something, because that is wrong."
My pa sure was a wise man.

edit on 19/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

Yaaay, someone gets it. The system might not have been designed that way intentionally, but it's polarizing. It focuses all the bad in the world on your "enemy" so you have someone to fight against out in the open and you don't see what the real problem is until it's too late, if ever.

I said it earlier. It needs to stop being "Red vs. Blue" and start being "American Citizens vs. Everyone Who Wants To Screw And Exploit Them."

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Star! And it is a real shame I could only give you one. We need to fix America, not extend a gravy train to the world.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

You aren't "extending a gravy train to the world", you're "extending a helping hand to people who are fleeing from a war with a cardboard box and the clothes on their back."

Oh, also avoiding fueling terrorism.
edit on 19/11/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I was pointing out all the ad hominem attacks against Cruz by those that don't support him.

You know, the same they accuse the right of doing.

Hypocrisy.

Pot meet kettle.

You understand right?

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Just... Don't paint tolerance as a bad thing, okay? It's true that there's a limit to it, but really, you generally want to have a fair deal of it...

Everyone in politics is guilty of mudslinging. Well, almost everyone. I will say that the comments on his appearance weren't that necessary.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I think his gaf was a jab at people not being tolerant of Ted Cruz.

I know it doesn't make much sense, but I think that was his message.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh, I see it now. He probably should have made it a bit more obvious, in that case, since I have seen people say that the left is "too tolerant" or "too liberal" before. No way to know.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I wasn't painting tolerance as a bad thing.

That was your personal interpretation of my post. Your own snap judgement.

I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy among many that lean left on the political spectrum.

Trust me, I am aware that both the left and right are guilty of it.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

What I find funny is George W. Bush also came out and said he "didn't like that guy" (meaning Ted Cruz). He's really not a likable person in my opinion.

If a person like G.W bush says he does not a certain person then there must be something very correct about him.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Cruz is accused of "political posturing" and his response is to go on camera calling out like it is WWE.

Frankly it would be compelling television to watch these two partisan meatheads whack each other over the head with folding chairs while locked in a cage.

(reading behind/underneath your head thought process): THEN RUN FOR OFFICE and make a difference; let some bi-partisan pick the quality of the chairs or flip a coin for the folding metal or the other: a leisure type lounger.
edit on 19-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ted Cruz good debater? Lol. That was funny!

quite a infantile response if you ask me. He seems more capable of a debate then Obama who avoids Cruz's challenge for a one altogether.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
originally posted by: everyone
originally posted by: Krazysh0t

KrazyshOt: Ted Cruz good debater? Lol. That was funny!

Easy to say as an armchair pundit.

harvestdog: quite a infantile response if you ask me. He seems more capable of a debate then Obama who avoids Cruz's challenge for a one altogether.

Obama could not debate my dog even if using the secret language of "arfy bark bark".
edit on 19-11-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join