It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected architect of Paris attacks, Abaaoud, is dead, according to two senior intelligence officia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Looks like they got the guy....

A massive police raid Wednesdays killed the suspected ringleader of the Paris attacks during a blitz-style sweep, two senior European intelligence officials said, after investigators followed leads that the fugitive militant was holed up north of the French capital and could be plotting another wave of violence.

Source

Sucks they did not take him alive. I would have liked to see if they could have gotten any intel from him. I am sure it was a very fluid operation and he likely fought back, so death is expected, but to have caught him alive would have been optimal to yield any other info.

Hopefully they were able recover plenty of other items to link other cells or organizers and take them down as well.

Good job Parisians!

They go on to say:

It also left no doubt that other potential threats remained.

The target of the raid, an apartment building in the Saint-Denis suburb, was believed to be linked to plans to stage a follow-up attack in the La Defense business district, about 10 miles away, two police officials and an investigator close to the investigation said. They spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to brief media.

As security forces closed in, a woman set off a suicide blast — possibly an explosive-rigged vest or belt — after opening fire.

In addition, at least seven people before the showdown was over in the historic heart of Saint-Denis, a teeming quarter with a large immigrant population.

So a female suicide bomber blew herself up, and 7 others were involved. All holed up in a largely immigrant populated area...this is going to lend to a lot more fears. If these guys are running to what they believed was a safe area for them, it is going to lend more credence to the immigrants being sympathizers with their cause.
edit on 11/18/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/18/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

A massive police raid Wednesdays killed the suspected ringleader of the Paris attacks during a blitz-style sweep, two senior European intelligence officials said, after investigators followed leads that the fugitive militant was holed up north of the French capital and could be plotting another wave of violence.

Source

Sucks they did not take him alive. I would have liked to see if they could have gotten any intel from him. I am sure it was a very fluid operation and he likely fought back, so death is expected, but to have caught him alive would have been optimal to yield any other info.

Hopefully they were able recover plenty of other items to link other cells or organizers and take them down as well.

Good job Parisians!

Or are the authorities just saying that? It's a lot easier to "disappear" him by saying that he's dead while they whizz him off to some remote detention facility, than to say they have him in captivity. Then there's the chance that other groups would demand his release. Where are they going to bury him?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Sucks they did not take him alive. I would have liked to see if they could have gotten any intel from him.

The point was to kill him so they COULD NOT get any intel from him. The intel he could provide would most likely turn your whole world upside down.

This raid was nothing more than tying up loose ends.

Just another day in this messed up world.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Source

Good job Parisians!

Or are the authorities just saying that? It's a lot easier to "disappear" him by saying that he's dead while they whizz him off to some remote detention facility, than to say they have him in captivity. Then there's the chance that other groups would demand his release. Where are they going to bury him?

I updated the OP with a bit more of the story. Sounds like it was a pretty big fight with suicide bombers and all. Not sure how much of him they found if he was blown to pieces.

Appears there were more attacks in the planning from the story though.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

That's quite a world to live in, conspiracys are real but sometimes the world is truly as stupid as it seems. I don't know man, we clearly do not agree which is fine. What if you are wrong? Would the information and positions you take then be immoral? I suppose the same question could be posed and I would answer that I believe in what's right and standing up for what's right and that's the best I can do.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
More coming in about it as well:

The hiding terrorists were “about to move on some kind of operation,” police sources told CNN, adding that the raid was “right on time.”

The suspects were planning to attack Paris’ airport and the Les Quatre Temps shopping center in the city’s La Défense neighborhood

So they were about to hit the airport and a shopping mall.

Source

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

What if you are wrong? Would the information and positions you take then be immoral?

If I was wrong it would not be the first time, but it would certainly not mean that the positions I take are immoral. It would be immoral to not question everything we are told due to what we have been subjected to over the last century and beyond. We are factually uncovering some really nasty stuff from years back so my position on this subject is not so far fetched IMO.

We owe it to the victims to investigate these crimes against humanity and punish the culprits who ever they may be, we need to find the truth no matter how ugly it is.

Sadly, I doubt any of us will ever know the real truth.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

Sucks they did not take him alive. I would have liked to see if they could have gotten any intel from him.

The point was to kill him so they COULD NOT get any intel from him. The intel he could provide would most likely turn your whole world upside down.

This raid was nothing more than tying up loose ends.

Just another day in this messed up world.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

I am pretty sure once they started shooting and blowing themselves up it was clear they were not going to be taken alive.

There are a few reports of neighbors in the area hearing the gunshots and loud explosions. I would not be surprised if we see some cell phone video popping up soon either.

I can guarantee you that if this area is as they described it, heavily immigrant, it is going to be under serious scrutiny in the coming weeks.....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I should have elaborated more in my original post.

Anyone remember the Lead Investigator for the Charlie Hebdo attack, Helric Fredou?

He visited a family member of the alleged attackers and "committed suicide" directly after.

Many theorize that he uncovered something he wasn't supposed to.

That's why I entertain the theory that this raid meant to avoid any unwanted information to be uncovered, hence tying up loose ends.

Of course these opinions/observations of mine are purely theoretical but they do hold some merit considering everything which has happened over the years.

I think Fredou was another example of what happened the good Dr. David Kelly.

As Tech mentioned, I could just be completely wrong....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Hey man I sent you a pm, I agree we should vet everything as to come up with the real reasons however we should also recognize the face value and the human condition.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Media reports seem to be conflicting at this time as they cannot confirm if he is among the dead, but they have confirmed he is not among the detained.

Suspected Mastermind of Paris Attacks Not Among Those Detained

Paris Prosecutor François Molins Wednesday said the Belgian-born Islamic State operative Abdelhamid Abaaoud is not among those detained and police have not yet identified those killed.

At this time it's anyone's guess...

@ Tech: Will check U2Us

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've heard here on the local news station , that he wasn't that religious. As this is what people said about him who knew him.

He didn't go to the mosque and he smoked allot of weed and consumed lots of alcohol. Not what you can call an average Muslim that follows the Quran as it should ..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Apparently the woman had long blond hair and was shouting 'help me, help me' to the police. A witness saw her at the window and said she kept dropping her hands down, police shouted orders to keep her hands up and then there was a loud explosion. The witness is the one saying he presumed she blew herself up. So this is not official but the media have ran with it.

Maybe this woman was a victim too? Or was she part of the group and trying to confuse police?

If you look up a picture of the woman named by media it is very unlikely that she had blond hair unless it was a wig. So either the eye witness account was false or there were two women at the flat and the media has confused the two, being that one woman is the one being named as cousin of the wanted man and the blond woman remains unidentified.

No doubt the media reporting all these presumptions as fact will result in people saying the official story changed.
edit on 18-11-2015 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join