It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all muslim are terrorists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A blindfolded Muslim man standing with his arms wide open on Republic Square in Paris offered to hug mourners of Friday's attacks in Paris, in the French capital on Monday evening. People gathered round and took photos, as person after person went up to hug the man. A placard beneath his feet read "I trust you, do you trust me? So hug me!"

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: rajas

Yeah people have their minds made up already,its quite sad but thats the way it is ..the lack of real objective education will be the down fall of us all....We are collectively too stupid to stand together as one people

Good luck with the OP ...i wont hold my breath though....

Cue the hate in 3 2 1 .....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm interested in the human aspect

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I am surprised the muslim man didn't have a bomb strapped to him. *sarcasm*

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
... still 90% of terrorists are muslims.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

Maybe title should have been changed to 10% of Muslims Aren't Terrorists...or exhibit terroristic behaviours

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

anticitizen didn't say 90% of muslims are terrorists, but your wording change implied it..

That backfired for you.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I was sitting out the front of a night club having a quiet beer and watching the traffic roll past. A car in the traffic line stopped in front of me and a Muslim young lady was giving me a bad look. I wasn't sure if it was my long hair or maybe my tight leather pants that she objected to. Then I realised that she was just angry because she couldn't have my sexieness. She wanted the D and was forbidden, poor thing. I feel sorry for Muslim babes.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
maybe i'm too cynical but it feels like some artsy publicity stunt.
As for the point being made, of course not all of them are terrorists.
but basic self preservation makes you look at everyone with suspicion, and there is very little that can be done to change minds.
think about a woman that was raped. if she said "i don't feel comfortable being in a car with a man" are you seriously going to tell her "get over it, not all men are like that, it's just an incredibly small number you can't generalize!" no you wouldn't.
Same thing goes with muslims, that preservation instinct overrides common sense.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
There was something very pure and beautiful in that video and gesture, I'm not embarrassed to admit watching it made me tear up a bit.

Good on that bloke

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

And 95% of people who kill multitudes more than terrorists using aircrafts, drones and economic thuggery are Caucasian.
We all fight with the weapons we have

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

I feel like your username is very appropriate! Leather pants. I would have scowled too.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
im sorry since when should i have to respect a religion just for the sake of it and even more so especially since it doesnt respect my gender? im frankly not interested. and that goes for other religions as well. we can do without them.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

edit on 18-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: misread a post

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

No, of course most arent. But i do find it incredibly ironic that those that bash christians all,the time for being too right wing are so pro muslim. They are even further right. They do not want to let you have an abortion. They think gays are an abomination. They make women cover themselves. I mean what do you think you are supporting? On what planet do you think muslims will let you be all super pc liberal if theuly had control?

Why does the pc left have no critical,thinking skills?

(Not christian)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Christianity and Islam are both guilty of similar things. They are both an issue, both a problem. That said, Islam is proving to be a bigger threat when it comes to how it's currently manifested. At least, when it concerns violence. That isn't to say Christianity no longer contributes to that.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna I thought the PC left were always being accused of cultural Marxism which is the embodiment of critical thought, the Frankfurt school was made up of critical theorists. Most moved to America when Hitler didn't like their Marxist views and the fact they were jewish

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
im sorry since when should i have to respect a religion just for the sake of it and even more so especially since it doesnt respect my gender? im frankly not interested. and that goes for other religions as well. we can do without them.

Spot on. We're being told we must love and embrace a religion that holds a perverted murderer as their highest prophet, and any words against this, howled down as some sort of ignorance.

Religion is the ignorance. Embracing it, just to make people feel better about believing in magical sky beings, is absurd.

but then, the nasty white man uses technology and flies things, so we have to just accept groups of people, all over the planet, who would kill you in the blink of an eye.

Now if there were as many lone wolf hug givers as there are lone wolf mass murderers, maybe it'd change something... but here we see the 'minority'..

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I appreciate the gesture, I do, but this isn't going to stop people from doing bad things in the name of Islam. You can say it's a lack of objective education, The global elitist agenda, or the bogey man if you want, but those sentiments are irrelevant in the face of a reality where those people exist.

I would argue that a greater gesture would be a collective agreement among Muslims to revise the Quran, leaving out anything that could be misconstrued as a call to kill anyone not Muslim etc. In a perfect world there would be no misinterpretation of any book, but that's not the world we live in.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

That isn't to say Christianity no longer contributes to that.

Compared to Islam it barely does though. I don't think the two are analogous at this point. Christianity isn't without it's checkered past, but it's a number of magnitudes less of a problem than Islam these days.

I get irritated when people want to have a frank discussion about the issues the world is facing regarding Muslims and someone starts talking about the Crusades (not that you are). The point isn't that Christianity was always peaceful, or even that today it is 100%, but that these days Islam is incredibly violent and by far more dangerous. Christianity has been growing up, even if it's taking awhile (with some kicking and screaming) and there are still issues, Islam seems to be regressing. Now you can blame whoever you want for that, but it still seems pretty freaking apparent that Islam is a major problem everywhere it's encountered, and the problem isn't why or how this started, but that it's snowballing. It seems these days people want to make all sorts of excuses. The US interfered, Israel, whatever. Fine, that doesn't make the problem go away or somehow make what we're seeing acceptable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join