It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Top Favorite Captains of Fiction and Reality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This sums it up for me

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I vote for Captain Morgan because he tastes better than all the posers you nominated, especially when he is mixed up with Coke.

edit on 18-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I vote for Captain Morgan because he tastes better than all the posers you nominated, especially when he is mixed up with Coke.

You win.....

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
You win.....

Thank you Captain Obvious.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Sir Ernest Shackleton. (Non-fiction, by the way).

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

moviepilot.com...,manual

Finally! The Cast of 'Firefly' Will Be Reunited In New Series 'Con Man'!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Captain Jeffrey Sinclair (the first captain of Babylon 5), Captain John Sheriden (2nd Cap of B5, Sinclair was way better),
Captain Worf Rozhenko Mogh (he was promoted, remember), Dylan Hunt (Andromeda).

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Captain Gustav Schroder of the MS St. Louis
long story short, he had a cruise ship of Jewish refugees that no one would allow to land. On his way back to Germany he told the Brits that if they didn't provide travel documents he'd ground the vessel on the Thames and England would be forced to accept everyone on board as shipwreck victims.

Thanks to him about 650 of these folks survived / escaped the holocaust.

recognized as one of the 'Righteous Among the Nations' by Israel.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 18-11-2015 by works4dhs because: remove incorrect factoid

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I am surprised that nobody has yet mentioned Blackadder, hero of the trenches;

edit on 18-11-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

FINALLY!

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Malcolm Reynolds, Adama, Benjamin Sisko (he just had more style and was a better mix of diplomacy and beatstick than Kirk and Picard)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Captain Robert Falcon Scott.

A brave man who along with his team died on their expedition back from The South Pole.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

he was a captain that rose through ranks and got promoted to admiral, also he was in charge of a ship just like all the others mentioned on this list so why try and split hairs

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

well admiral is a few steps above captain, so does that mean a fleet of ships have to answer to the one admiral? I think that counts, neither are land based and both usually mobile for missions.

Man I am learning about some great new stories from Captains I was unaware of thanks guys. Lots of good reading and learning some history I did not know about real cool.

As far as The Sisko vs Q ... hmm well, I am thinking they may be related right?? Same type of species??? But I distinctly remember that the wormhole aliens disappeared that one time when the wormhole collapsed?? Does that mean they have a vulnerability?? Because if that is the case I would tend to believe that Q's powers may be superior. In theory, He could simply vanish the Gamma quadrant away altogether if he so chose (with consequences to face from the continuum no doubt, but the power is still there)

I think Sisko and Director Fury have more in common. The space station is technically mobile, but is not designed for travel, so it is difficult to be a good explorer.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Captain Kirk, all the way...though Picard is a close second.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Captain Kirk, all the way...though Picard is a close second.

Your killing me smalls! Kirk was an undisciplined cowboy! Picard knew how to run a tight ship!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join