It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starwars Battlefront...What do you think of it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Im stuck out of town at work until Thursday, but i need to know, how is it?!
I played the beta, and although it was fun for a little while, it got old very quick.

I hear there are 9 modes to play in this game. Is it worth the price tag of $80 CDN?
Thr graphics in the beta were amazing, i trust they are the same across all maps? or maybe upgraded even?

i want to hear your impressions of this game. Give me something to want when i get to town, or maybe to hold off on getting. Halo 5 is getting boring already. 3 maps in warzone just isnt enough.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I haven't stopped playing since it came out. Wasn't the biggest fan of the beta but I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Wish there was a few more maps but man does it feel like you are knee deep in a Star Wars movie. Very cool, lots of action and the traffics are impeccable. If you played the previous ones and/ or love Star Wars well, I will see you on the battlefield friend! Ps4 : Mcris991

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Played the beta on Xbox One and was absolutely disgusted by the graphics at 720p.

I am no way by far a graphics whore but paying $60 for a game that looks horrendous is just unacceptable. It really was a fun game but it brings nothing to table that battlefield hasn't already.

If someone really likes Star Wars or they just like the most recent edition of games I guess it's a good buy. But for now I'll stick to BO3 and Fallout4. That is until my girlfriend decides she wants it enough or the price is right.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I think it is garbage in comparison to Battlefront 1&2,I enjoyed those way more.
The new Battlefront just makes me we want to play the originals or to play Battlefield 3.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Huh ? The graphics are the only good thing about it

The gameplay is incredibly boring, when you compare it to Battlefront 1 & 2 it looks like a downgrade in terms of content, less maps, no space, less players, the gameplay itself is incredibly boring and repetitive, time limits on driving AT-AT's, time limits on being the hero's or villians (darth, luke, etc)

It actually amazes me the state of gaming today where people would happily pay for a turd on their screen and not complain, it's the only industry which seems to be going backwards in terms of quality yet prices keep increasing and idiots are happy to lap up the # that game developers keep putting out.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thats absolutely right. As long as there are a few explosions and a couple dramatic effects, it seems like the majority of gamers these days couldn't care less about an amazing story, or actual substance to the game.
Hell, look at Call of Duty, People have been playing the same re-skinned game for 10 years and paying stupid amounts of money for it every year.
Developers, put half finished games on the shelf and figure they will just send out patches and updates for the next 6 months to get it running how it should on day one. Example - Battlefield 4

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

My girl friend bought it as a gift for me since I'm a starwars fan.
After playing it I almost want to give her the $60 since the game is garbage..

I grew up playing the first 2 of the same title and had high hopes for this one.

They didn't just drop the ball, they defecated on it too

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

One thing I will give credit to DICE for is, it does feel like you're in star wars, but as a game it's just horrendous.

Maybe $200 later after all the DLC they release to nickle and dime us there will actually be a Star Wars Game worthy of the battlefront name

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Yea I started playing it yesterday and couldn't get very far into it before I just switched back to playing Disgaea 5. I'll come back to it again later, but I have a feeling this game is getting sold back to gamestop.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: Banquo
Maybe $200 later after all the DLC they release to nickle and dime us there will actually be a Star Wars Game worthy of the battlefront name

It IS EA we are talking about here...

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I am enjoying it quite abit. I found the graphics good I can't see how people think there terrible and the game play is pretty fun. The only power up with a timer is the At-At because it's insanely powerful and only available on one game mode the walker assault.

Every time I climb into it I get 15-25 kills it's like shooting fish in a barrel. You can play the Hero power up till you die so no there isn't a timer same with the At-St no timer and you can easily get 10 kills befor your rocketed.

The heros verse villains game variant is one of my favorites.It pits Luke,Liea and Hon with 3 rebles against The Emperor,Vader, and Boba Fet with 3 storm troopers.The goal is to kill the other teams heros first. It feels like the most strategic game mode.

The only thing that dissapoints me is that Slave-1 and the millennium falcon are only available in one game mode.

Haven't touched any of the single play game play. I usually jump right into the multiplayer.

Once you start unlocking cards and get a better blaster you start to mow people down. Don't expect to top the leader board in your frist game if you didn't play the beta.

Overall I'd rate it 8/10

edit on 18-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Do we get to keep our unlocks from the beta? That would be right on.
Sounds like the hero vs villains is a varient of defuse. Unless theres more than one death per person.
I think i will end up buying it tomorrow when i get home. It is star wars and for 80 bucks Game stop dhould give at least 40 back for trade in if i dont like it.
Its such a shame that it sounds like the is not what it could have been. If it was, there wouldnt be such mixed reviews from you guys.
Everyone would be saying hell ya get in this sh$$ but it sounds like its completely divided. An not like the other ones in the series.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It's nothing like the others of the series, its purely a multiplayer game.
And the trade value is sitting around 22-23 dollars on gamestops website

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I played the beta on ps4 and I'm good with a fps on the pc but the analog controls on consoles are difficult to aim.

If I purchased it, I would have to get that new ps4 mouse and mini gaming keyboard to school the kids.

top topics

join