It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning of the End..of the World

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You know, in the book of Revelations, it talks about the end of the world and how it is going to occur. The great philosopher who talked of the Twin Towers seemed to be true about his subject. Well its a chain reaction. Ill get to that in a minute. In the book of Revelations in the Bible, they talk about the world coming to an end due to great natural disasters and thousands of combined war.

This is my theory. The twin tower theory was correct, that started a war, now that the first war has started, there have been different wars started and even threats from other continents. Following this, Hurricane Ivan strikes Florida as a Category 4 Hurricane. Many people died in this storm. I live right in where the worst part of the storm hit, and believe me it was'nt fun. The next thing that happens is the great Tsunami that killed over 180,000 people. That is ALOT of people. What next ? Hurricane after hurricane have hit Floridas coast constantly injuring people. The ozone layer is depleting, and the Tsunami was a great example. Technology is getting so great, that I believe the human society is going to destroy its self from it. My point is that the book of Revelations is starting to begin what it was written for.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sheeple of former chr�stian countries accepted the mark of the beast
Halloween 2004 - last hours before almost all Americans accept to carry the mark
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Try a search all the doomsdayers have a lot of them already here...everything is always the end of the world
it's like there have never been any earthquakes, tsunamis or terrorist attacks before........all of these things have been going on from the beginning of time....not trying to sound hard here...but it's all been said before...again and again, and again, and again!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Try a search all the doomsdayers have a lot of them already here...everything is always the end of the world
it's like there have never been any earthquakes, tsunamis or terrorist attacks before........all of these things have been going on from the beginning of time....not trying to sound hard here...but it's all been said before...again and again, and again, and again!

Actually LadyV, a terrorist attack like 9/11 and a tsunami of such destructive power, has not happend before in modern history. I am not saying you should be paranoid, but you should also not ignore the fact that considering the frequency of such destructive events and the surge in volcanic and earthquake activity, that something is definitely very different and there could possibly be something very apocalyptic on the anvil.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that the end..will be just that, THE END? Perhaps it is an end of one era, that ushers in another? Maybe 2012 ended because the Mayans just ran out of calculations, Maybe John (who wrote Revelations) was apalled at the treatment of people in the world and wrote that surely the world is coming to an end. The History channel had a very good program regarding Revelations, in which religious scholars stated that John was talking about Romans when he made reference to certain entries in Revelations.
I prefer to think of the end as a new beginning..........

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Human Nature is to get caught up in Emotions. We call it Herd Mentality, Mass hysteria, etc. Its happened before, happening now, and will happen again thousands of times in the next 5000 years og human history.

180,000 people is a lot...how many people die from drunk driving each year? how many people die from cancer each year?
100,000 people will die from medical malpractice in the UNited States alone in 2005.
Put things into perspective, slow down, and realize your Emotions are a huge red Balloon to people trying to sell you books, tapes, end of the world survival kits. Fear is the Mind and Soul killer.
Arm yourself with Knowledge and peace of mind.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There have been tsunami of such destructive power before...it's just that now the earth is more populated now and so more lives are lost.....there have always been terrorist attacks....the difference is there weren't planes around in the past for people to use as bombs...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
You know, in the book of Revelations, it talks about the end of the world and how it is going to occur. The great philosopher who talked of the Twin Towers seemed to be true about his subject. Well its a chain reaction. Ill get to that in a minute. In the book of Revelations in the Bible, they talk about the world coming to an end due to great natural disasters and thousands of combined war.

This is my theory. The twin tower theory was correct, that started a war, now that the first war has started, there have been different wars started and even threats from other continents. Following this, Hurricane Ivan strikes Florida as a Category 4 Hurricane. Many people died in this storm. I live right in where the worst part of the storm hit, and believe me it was'nt fun. The next thing that happens is the great Tsunami that killed over 180,000 people. That is ALOT of people. What next ? Hurricane after hurricane have hit Floridas coast constantly injuring people. The ozone layer is depleting, and the Tsunami was a great example. Technology is getting so great, that I believe the human society is going to destroy its self from it. My point is that the book of Revelations is starting to begin what it was written for.

lost me there....WHO is this great philosopher? Do you mean the Author
of the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy?? & the Twin-Towers sequel??
.................. ...................

i don't believe you came to the poker table with a short stack of chips.
so there's more to the twin-towers symbolism than you've said so far....

as for the "What next ?":
are you familiar with the UN statement (prophecy, forecast) of 28 Nov 2004
disclosing they are near certain that a Influenzia Pandemic will peak this
February 2005 and 1 billion will get sick and millions will die. ??

see; Illuministic Management of Human Resources
only 2paragraphs long, scroll about 1/2 way down the page @
www.lasttrumpetministries.org...

(www.unog.ch) + (www.un.org)

considering the widespread devestation of Sumatra, Indonesia, Sri Lanka,
well, most of the south china sea+ indian ocean lands...there is a very high
likelyhood of rampant diseases flus choleras viruses dooming many.
& lets not forget the Jihadists which may soon begin to tell the populaces to not accept aid from infidels, or they might be visited by machete weilding bands... whose long term goal is establishing an Caliphate in Indonesia, Malaysia etc

so...what do you see as events snowball?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I do not know what the name is of this great philosopher, but I remember hearing a story about a man writing a story about two towers that will be exploded and blown up in a time around the time that they did blow up.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I do not know what the name is of this great philosopher, but I remember hearing a story about a man writing a story about two towers that will be exploded and blown up in a time around the time that they did blow up.

Nostradamus? He wasn't a philosopher though, and he did not write that particular "prophecy" ..he couldn't...he was already dead

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures,
the great leader will succumb,
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Nostradamus 1654

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 4-1-2005 by NetStorm]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There will be an end to the world as we know it now, but there will never be a complete end to theearth and mankind. Things will get worse and worse. Christ will return and prevent the complete desrtuction of the world. For those who are taking notice and think that something is up turn your attention toward God(Jesus). For those who think things are the same as they've always been, there are verses in the Bible about this attitude: knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their on lust, and saying, where is the promise of his coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation......but, beloved be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but as long suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:3,4,8,9

Dont let the horrendous things that happen harden your heart, but let them get your attention.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

There have been tsunami of such destructive power before...it's just that now the earth is more populated now and so more lives are lost.....there have always been terrorist attacks....the difference is there weren't planes around in the past for people to use as bombs...

Well, it becomes much more different, because the events are more global now. There has not been a tsunami of such destructive power in our modern history before that has affected nearly a dozen countries thousands of miles apart.

There has not been such a surge in earthquake and volcanic activity before with all the volcanos in the ring of fire becoming active and massive earthquakes becoming frequent. I would not to go into the climate changes here, though I am sure many can tell you, they are actually happening.

And we have had wars and world wars before too, but there has never been a nuclear world war, the possibility of which is increasingly becoming real by the day. As Einstein once said: "I don't know what weapons WIII will be fought with, but WIV will be fought with sticks and stones"

The truth is, we are living times of change, that could well be the apolcalypse unfolding. I know nothing will convince you of at this moment, as you are adamant nothing is wrong. However, I am willing to wager with you that 2005 will be the most destructive year of recent history.

What will you say if there are even more Tsunamis and earthquakes and thousands more die? At some point you will have to accept that it has actually begun.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't believe that. The world has always gone through change...ice ages and such...it is simply time for another change. The earth will reshape the continents....again, and it will be upheaval for us. The world is now very populated....many will die when this happens, but it is not the end of the world.....the world is just now full of people.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
There has not been such a surge in earthquake and volcanic activity before with all the volcanos in the ring of fire becoming active and massive earthquakes becoming frequent. I would not to go into the climate changes here, though I am sure many can tell you, they are actually happening.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

Earthquakes and volcanoes occur every day.. every year...the earth changes, has been for millions of years...eventually it wil be gone, but I don't believe any of us will be around for that ...

"The USGS estimates that several million earthquakes occur in the world each year. Many go undetected because they hit remote areas or have very small magnitudes. The NEIC now locates about 50 earthquakes each day, or about 20,000 a year"

neic.usgs.gov...

According to the Smithsonian Institution catalog of historical eruptions . . . about 60 volcanoes erupt each year.

volcano.und.nodak.edu...

I can't copy and paste this site, so here is the link

www.volcano.si.edu...

to quote them though
"At least 20 volcanoes will probably be erupting as you read these words"

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You know, in the book of Revelations, it talks about the end of the world and how it is going to occur. The great philosopher who talked of the Twin Towers seemed to be true about his subject.

What great philosopher?

Nothing is going on now that hasn't allways been going on. There have been earthwaueks before that killed thousands, and storms that killed more than this tsunami, and thats in recent history, even more so the further back in history you go. And wars? When the british had an empire they were constantly fighting someone else. The boers. The zulus. The afghans. Even the army of the Islamic 'messiah', the Mad Medhi in the sudan. War, Famine, Plague, Death, they've allways been around, and allways been intensely active.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Its the end of the world huh. 'bout damn time if you ask me. I hope the creator of all things finishes his business, pulls his pants up and flushes the whole lot of it right down the cosmic crapper. Now that would be something to see.

I guess you can tell i'm really not much of an end of the world type person. It has a bit to do with my view on life.

If your heart is at peace with the life your living and your soul is at peace with your creator, who ever you consider that creator to be, than everything else is just icing on the cake.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I don't believe that. The world has always gone through change...ice ages and such...it is simply time for another change. The earth will reshape the continents....again, and it will be upheaval for us. The world is now very populated....many will die when this happens, but it is not the end of the world.....the world is just now full of people.

Well, what happens during such an upheaval? Billions will perish, if not, the entire race will become extinct. That is what is we are calling the end. There has never been such a time before in our known human history. Everything is about to blow. It is not called the "apolcapyse or "armageddon" for nothing.

However, it's really a case of wait and watch and enjoy the fireworks. By the end of 2005 you will be in agreeement with me.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My friends, it is difficult to conceive that life as we know it will come to an end - or at the very best - undergo some radical changes. However, even if you cast aside spiritual beliefs, UFO's/Alien agenda's, bible prophecies, etc... our World Leaders are leading us down a very destructive path.

So, even if you believe nothing, you still cannot deny that nuclear war isn't capable of reducing our planet to ashes and we, the masses, are powerless to prevent it.

But...don't cash in your superannuation just yet...as has been said before, armageddon dates have been predicted before and have come and gone with no incident. We can only keep our minds and hearts free and live our lives the best we can.

Peace to all.

Dobbie

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I don't believe that. The world has always gone through change...ice ages and such...it is simply time for another change. The earth will reshape the continents....again, and it will be upheaval for us.

Doubtful. The movement of the continents is a slow continuous process. The tsunami quake infact occured on the ring of fire, a region where there are multiple plate boundaries in the same region, so its expected to have large earthquakes on it. But the plates don't need to move suddenly and rapidly. Indeed, that 9 richter earthquake was a minor movement of, I think, a microplate. If entire plates started moving in anything like what you are thinking, the destruction would be a millionfold compared to this normal (yet destructive and horrible) tsunami.

IOW those kind of changes don't occur.

And as far as global warming, well, during the el nino events, the warming cycles, the economies of third world countries did much better, what with the warmer, wetter seasons.

If, on the other hand, there was a warming trend, and if it resulted in unheard of (in historical times) masses of ice breaking off the arctic, and if they do result in a decrease in the salinity of the trans oceanic "MOC" 'sea water conveyor belt, then its possible that it might result in a cooling trend that can send the general climate into something like an ice age over a thousand years. But I don't think that that sort of thing is going to result in billions or even thousands of deaths anyway.

indigo child
There has not been such a surge in earthquake and volcanic activity before with all the volcanos in the ring of fire becoming active and massive earthquakes becoming frequent.

This however is not true, its a common misperception. There has not been an increase in earthquakes and as far as I know no increase in eruptions. The ring of fire is just that, a ring of fire, one should expect massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

but there has never been a nuclear world war, the possibility of which is increasingly becoming real by the day

I agree that a nuke war is very plausible. However not a nuke war between massive arsenals, not a MAD nuke war. A nuke exchange between pakistan and india isn't going to be the apocalypse, except for the people in the cities that are actually nuked of course. Its not nuke exchange that is the problem, but a global thermonuclear war between something like the US and something like the soviet/russian arsenals.

The truth is, we are living times of change, that could well be the apolcalypse unfolding

Or it could well be that everything is as its been and as it will be. There has allways been massive change.

What will you say if there are even more Tsunamis and earthquakes and thousands more die? At some point you will have to accept that it has actually begun.

Tsunamis are produced by earthquakes and submarine landslides. Both of these tsunami generators occur all the time. Natural disasters that kill thousands are not supernatural. Infact, this tsunami disaster isn't the biggest catastrophe in the past hundred years, heck in the past 50 years. Its not even the second biggest natural disaster.

We don't need to wait, watch, worry, for the apocalypse. It might be happening, it might never happen, but there is nothing unusual going on now.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It's true we are seeing such calamities as never before in our time. The countless disastrer, and so, on, people believe 9-11 was the turning point in time, man we have more to come, our way. It's starting to get hot. mind you.. Come on let's shift the focus away from america, and think of the world on awhole. Look at it. you can't really depend on the news to give you the news you really need. Besides iraq the whole world is in turmoil. But what can we doi to help alleviate the problem? These are the things I want to ask my fellow Christians. iam a christian too. and you gotta read between the lines of every tragedy and exploding problems in the world. aLL ARE LINKED. YES,, BUT WE CAN'T JUST SAY WELL THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END THERE;;S NOTHING WE CAN;T DO ABOUT IT, THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END, jESUS WILL SOON COME AND TAKE AWAY ALL THIS. Yes of course we belive in the blessed hope, but that was thousands of years ago and he still hasn't come. And we have failed to act , for years, only wimpering, and debating endlessly. We need to do something Cream soda. Not just talk. and Yes People The world ihas pass her time and is DEFINATELY COMING TO AN TUMULTOUS END!
why I believe so? Because It's already written in the ancient prophecies.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join