It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beginning of the End..of the World

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
It's true we are seeing such calamities as never before in our time.

Correct..."as seen in our time" but it has all happened before...this has nothing to do with gods and bibles! Doomsday people seem to get such a kick out this.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Correct..."as seen in our time" but it has all happened before

Actually there was an earthquake in china in the 70's that killed 200 thousand people. A cyclone hit a single city in india in 76 and killed 500 thousand people. There have been other disasters that passed the hundred thousand mark. Its not even unseen in our own times.

crusader
man we have more to come, our way

Not a terribly prophetic prediction no? If there were no disasters, that would be unusual, that would be unsettling, and that would be strange.

Besides iraq the whole world is in turmoil.

The natural state of the globe is turmoil.

The world ihas pass her time and is DEFINATELY COMING TO AN TUMULTOUS END!

Absolutely nothing indicates that

Because It's already written in the ancient prophecies.

Its not written that now, this point in time, is the end of the world. Throughout history there have been doomsday scares, none of them ever panned out, and this one won't either. There is nothing going on now that wasn't going on at any of those other times, and people have less reason now to think that the world is going to end than they did at some other times in history.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This however is not true, its a common misperception. There has not been an increase in earthquakes and as far as I know no increase in eruptions. The ring of fire is just that, a ring of fire, one should expect massive earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

Unfortunately, when one argues there has been an increase in earthquake and volcanic activity, it can be negated by saying it's not the increase in earthquake and volcanic activity, but an increase in how many can be detected.

I am not a geologist, so I cannot argue with this. However, as an intelligent and aware person, I can note that there certainly are some kind of earth and climate changes taking place. I cannot ignore the warning by the scientists, sorry.

1. St Helens and St Rainer activity

3. Las Palmas - It could produce a tsunami 700 feet high, travelling at 700 mph and completely submerge the east coast of America.

- www.newsmedianews.com...

4. Activity at Yellowstone - a supervolcano

news.nationalgeographic.com...

5. Sumatra Earthquake SE Asia Tsunami - 4th largest earthquake in the last century

6. 2004 Hurriance season on US Coast lines

7. Global warming and the looming ice age

- www.newsmedianews.com...
- www.commondreams.org...

These are just some of the changes, alerts and all are rare events. Yet they are happening in the window of a few years. To ignore them would be very very complacent.

I agree that a nuke war is very plausible. However not a nuke war between massive arsenals, not a MAD nuke war. A nuke exchange between pakistan and india isn't going to be the apocalypse, except for the people in the cities that are actually nuked of course. Its not nuke exchange that is the problem, but a global thermonuclear war between something like the US and something like the soviet/russian arsenals.

No, I am talking about a global nuclear war. What do you think if India, Pakistan and China went to nuclear war? Would it have a stabalizing or destabalizing effect on the world?

Or it could well be that everything is as its been and as it will be. There has allways been massive change.

Yeah, but does that change include:

Super volcanos
Ice age
Pole shift
Nuclear war

No, it hasn't.

Tsunamis are produced by earthquakes and submarine landslides. Both of these tsunami generators occur all the time. Natural disasters that kill thousands are not supernatural. Infact, this tsunami disaster isn't the biggest catastrophe in the past hundred years, heck in the past 50 years. Its not even the second biggest natural disaster.

How do you know earthquakes and submarine landslides are not caused by something else that we affect. However, that is hardly the point. I don't think anyone can trivialise the recent Sumatra episode. It was one of the most destructive events in the last century.

If another were to occur in just a time frame of a few years. That would definitely be a reason for alarm. All I'm asking you is just how much major volcanic eruptions and earthquakes will it take before you realize something is wrong?

We don't need to wait, watch, worry, for the apocalypse. It might be happening, it might never happen, but there is nothing unusual going on now.

It's the "might happen" that I am accounting for, and rather than doing nothing about it, I think it is important we do not be complacent of a very real threat to our world. However, mate, you are just going to have to wait and watch till the end of this year. Then I will ask you again, if you think something is up or not. You might not even have to wait that long.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Indigo_Child, while I think many of us, myself included, feel that there are changes on the way...."big" changes, most feel, myself included, that it is not the doomsday that some of you are trying to make it out to be...it is not biblical and it is not the end of our race, our world, or time! Be prepared, yes...spread doom and destruction, no.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
to the skeptics, and indiffrent, observers we will have to wait and see what's coming next, ok?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's not the end of the world.........Just Yet.

That being said, There are many many things that need to happen before Revelation comes to order. While it is quick to jump on such disasters as a sign, you need to have an understanding as a whole before you go running fire. I have said it before, While I believe we are in a prelude to the end times, I do not believe any single event can be held as an absolute sign. The thing with earthquakes is that they are occurring 300% times more in the last 5 years than they have before this period. (Don't quote me on the numbers just yet, I believe I heard it is around there, but will find a substantial link to confirm this, unless someone does before I.) As far as this earthquake goes, don't think so. The Bible says that it will be the strongest earthquake ever recorded, and this one is not. There was one in Chile in 1960 which measured 9.5 .

While some Prophecy has been believed to be filled, there still needs to be alot more fulfilled. The establishment of the One World Government, religion, currency, etc.. is still not in play...While this may be a 'sign' so to speak, it is not The End.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

we will have to wait and see what's coming next, ok?

And there will definitely be a "next" no doubt about it! There are "big" changes coming, but it's not biblical doomsday! A disaster of some sort....

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
That's true, the end is not here yet, note in matthew 24, when Jesus said that these things atre just the beginning of sorrows, it's just the beginning, every successive genration believe that they were living in the end time that's how it goes, but alot of things are to be fulfilled and you know world unity is hard to achieve on basic things such as free trade, look what ;s going on with the ftaa

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

, note in matthew 24, when Jesus said that these things atre just the beginning of sorrows, it's just the beginning,

Nope changed my mind...too easy...I'm just gonna leave this thread now!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Indigo_Child, while I think many of us, myself included, feel that there are changes on the way...."big" changes, most feel, myself included, that it is not the doomsday that some of you are trying to make it out to be...it is not biblical and it is not the end of our race, our world, or time! Be prepared, yes...spread doom and destruction, no.

What kind of "big" changes do you think are on the way?
Also define "doomsday"?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i think that the world is coming to an end around 2012.. this might sound a bit strange but i don't know weird # has been happening and i just have that feeling.. i sure hope it doesnt come to an end that would suck but i don't know something is telling me it is going to!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well one day there will be a end to the earth. One fact is that in 2 million years the Milky Way and Adorminia galaxies will collide. They are moving towards each other now, due to the gravitational pull of the Virgo super cluster. If humans will last that long, that remains to be seen.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
There is such a phenomenon as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Talk of doom and gloom and that is what we will we bring on ourselves. Accept what we can�t change, change what we can and get on with it. The earth is cleansing, she does this over and over again. There is nothing new in this just that we are better informed now.

9/11 was a significant event in our time. Then again so was the Second World War. I could go on. Look back in history and there have been monumental events just as devastating as 9/11 and the recent tsunami. Sometimes we just choose to ignore them or to forget.

The end of the world � perhaps if we don�t wake up to ourselves��

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
NetStorm wrote a while back:

Earthquakes and volcanoes occur every day.. every year...the earth changes, has been for millions of years...eventually it wil be gone, but I don't believe any of us will be around for that ...

reply:
I just wanted to make everyone aware, especially Christians that are currently being deceived on the age of the earth, that the earth is only about 6,000 years old. This site should probably help educate you on this topic:

www.godsaidmansaid.com...

there are several other articles dealing w/ a young earth theory on that site, and many more relative to the topic. I hope that it can be of interest to many Christians searching for proof of truth in God's Word. I feel that the fact that the earth is only a mere 6,000 years old greatly emphasizes the reality that the end is in deed in effect. And I hope this helps with narrowing and eliminating the idea of "this can't be the end because these kinds of things have happened many, many times before"....

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I feel that the fact that the earth is only a mere 6,000 years old greatly emphasizes the reality that the end is in deed in effect. And I hope this helps with narrowing and eliminating the idea of "this can't be the end because these kinds of things have happened many, many times before"....

I agree. Ever consider the magnitude of Noah's flood compared to a simple 9.0 earthquake? I say simple because because during Noah's flood, the whole crust of the earth beneath the waters was re-shaped. The energies involved in this are astronomical. Like a 100 billion 9.0 earthquakes, to give a reference to your imagination. So the earth's geography before the flood would have looked nothing like our maps of the earth today.

The expectation of apocaliptic disaster is nothing to be looking forward to.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
I do not believe any single event can be held as an absolute sign. .

There are lots of things the Bible tells us to look at that are happening to know when the return of Jesus is near. I, personally, think that the #1 event that will speak volumes as to what point in history we are at will be when the church of believers in Jesus Christ as Savior, up to that point, is taken to heaven.

Once again there will be no end of mankind. There will be 2 different places where every person who has ever lived will spend eternity, based upon what you did with Jesus Christ. You will forever be with God or seperated from Him. There will be horrific times coming, which will lead to the return of Christ, but no end.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

and you know world unity is hard to achieve on basic things such as free trade, look what ;s going on with the ftaa

The quickest thing that will unite the people of the world is if/when/maybe a another "group" seeks to destroy mankind.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chelsea26
i i sure hope it doesnt come to an end that would suck but i don't know something is telling me it is going to!

Your life will never end just where you will spend it for all eternity.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
First of all,

THE WORLD WILL NOT END AND HUMANKIND WILL BE HERE TO STAY.

Second off all people,

DO YOUR HISTORY,

There has always been disatsers, terrible things, wicked things,

WE STILL HAVE COME OUT ON TOP.

So, to the negative thinkers out there, keep up the ignorance.

To the intlleigent thinkers, as least we have something to laugh about.

See life aint all bad

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Disaster, flood, famine, bombs, earthquakes, tidalwaves, the beast arises....

Non of that really matters....

If your heart is at peace with the life your living and your soul is at peace with your creator, Who cares if it all blows up?????

Stop worrying about all that MIGHT happen and get your own personal affairs in order and then if something does go "kablooey" your prepared, regardless of what the kablooey is.

It's not about this earth or even the soul of your neighbor, its about YOU. only you can take care of that.

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join