It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Reaction of the West to ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What is baffling me is that imagine if Saddam Hussein, Assad, or Khadafy had done one tenth of what ISIS has done and threatened, and the West who has attacked 3 Muslim countries in 20 years, all of a sudden gets squeamish?

Use your imagination for a second:

What if Assad had done one-tenth of what ISIS is doing?

Murder French and American citizens and gloat over it

How fast would the West attack him?

The Taliban hadn’t at all threatened the West all they did was ask for proof Bin Laden was guilty

The West wasted know time in attacking Afghanistan

Imagine if Khadafy had uttered one hundredth of the threats and calumny that ISIS is and has done

How fast would they have been in Tripoli?

Also we all know that if and when the US ( God forbid) is attacked like the French were how fast will Obama’s no boots on the ground go away?

I say that all the proof, intuitive, logical, and historical precedent, is pointing to the fact that the ISIS episode is a gigantic black operation

Thank you for explaning owns and controls ISIS

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Willtell

We can probably agree that war isn't the answer. I am opposed to wars except in true defense of my country. I don't believe in going to where others live and killing them indiscriminately.

But that's the American way. Anything else would be un-American.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
"Terrorism is a crime against the mind.
The real target of a terrorist is morale,
and press coverage helps him achieve his goal."
www.schneier.com...

"But if media voluntarily stopped broadcasting the
ISIS videos, quit publishing the horrific pictures of
victims supplied by ISIS and refused to give ISIS what
it desperately wants -- free, horrifying publicity --
it could dramatically reduce the value of kidnapping
and killing foreigners."
thetyee.ca...

"Now evidence is emerging that suggests even the
reporting of violence can trigger further attacks.
Research has found that sensationalist media coverage
of acts of terrorism results in more such acts being committed."
www.theguardian.com...

Pity they don't read what they write ...!

edit on 17-11-2015 by radarloveguy because: xxx

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
...... but the west have been attacking ISIS.

Now yes you could argue they have not done enough but how far do we think the west should go?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Don’t worry folks ISIS will one day be annihilated!

But at what price. How many innocent human beings are sacrificed for the sinister and foul plots of evil men

Though unfortunately the evildoers who created and now support ISIS, for sinister geopolitical reasons, will allow for many other sacrifices like those poor folks murdered in France.

That’s always been my point why ISIS should have been wiped out immediately by an international force of 100,000 from the UN in order so save those who have been and still will die because of this insane army of brainwashed zombies and all the ramifications of the fight against them.

….And that’s why it was never done because this is a army of devils being guided by behind the scenes governments and men of evil who don’t give a dam for all the mayhem they cause

The sinister behind the scenes devils that created and now support this demon army are the lowest of the low.

They will certainly share Hell with ISIS members…they will all eat from the tree of Zaqqum and take fire into their belly's.

Their sitting up in a comfortable abode drinking brandy and fine wine while the human beings they sacrifice for their sick plots suffer

Obama is their Manchurian Puppet. Oh he’ll, like Bill Clinton, another Manchurian candidate puppet, get paid well with millions after he leaves office, for service to the ptb masters of evil who are behind ISIS AND ALL THIS PLOTTING JUST TO GET AT Assad and have their war of civilizations.

But what a price to pay, your soul, for a little temporal pleasure of service to the devil

But like Fidel Castro, who they never could get at, all this and all the death and destruction just to get at one man( Assad) and one country(Syria) is indicative of the evil that lurks in the hearts of men and ( remembering Hillary) woman.

edit on 17-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can someone explain why these Countries give the financial backing? Seems like an exercise in futility, or damn idiocy too me!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What is baffling me is that imagine if Saddam Hussein, Assad, or Khadafy had done one tenth of what ISIS has done and threatened, and the West who has attacked 3 Muslim countries in 20 years, all of a sudden gets squeamish?

Those how forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Do a google on Saddam Hussein and the Kurds.

The Halabja chemical attack , also known as the Halabja Massacre or Bloody Friday, was a genocidal massacre against the Kurdish people that took place on March 16, 1988, during the closing days of the Iran–Iraq War.

The attack killed between 3,200 and 5,000 people and injured 7,000 to 10,000 more, most of them civilians. Thousands more died of complications, diseases, and birth defects in the years after the attack

and still remains the largest chemical weapons attack directed against a civilian-populated area in history.

Now what were you saying ??????

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The West's response is strange? Will, every single thing about this situation is strange.

I think most of us want to do what's right, but we are still fumbling around trying to figure out what that is!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Oh, you mean like Isis leaving Syria and going to France and killing indescriminately.
The real reason that no-one can fight a "proper" war on Isis is because they are terrorists fighting a geurilla war. no-one actually knows who the majority of them are. Yes, the inteligence agencies probably know the main characters, but the main characters are not the ones commiting these attrocities. The fundamentalist teachers are not the ones blowing themselves up (very clever of them don't you think) they have their foot soldiers doing that. And that is the problem.
They don't wear uniforms and they blend in with the normal population and only act when they are told to. It is already been discussed in other posts but when you try to point this fact out you get accused of painting all Muslims with a broad brush.
They ARE buried in among the innocent moderate Muslims and only appear when told to.
So then how do you root out these terrorists without going into these communities. How can you prove they are terrorists when they live and act like a moderate. All the while you are investigating (trying to root out the fanatics) you are offending moderate Muslims.
You are in a no win situation as all terrorists are not in Syria.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjaravenheart
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can someone explain why these Countries give the financial backing? Seems like an exercise in futility, or damn idiocy too me!

Turkey, Saudi, and the UAE and Qatar, all want Assad out.

Plus their sectarian bigots…Assad is a Shia

Include NATO

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

The West's response is strange? Will, every single thing about this situation is strange.

I think most of us want to do what's right, but we are still fumbling around trying to figure out what that is!

I don’t know what to tell you.

If the world doesn’t stop ISIS then the world as we know may be over, or stop those behind ISIS

It’s that simple

Maybe the world deserves ISIS

edit on 17-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just nuke them

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The real reason that no-one can fight a "proper" war on Isis is because they are terrorists fighting a guerilla war. no-one actually knows who the majority of them are. Yes, the intelligence agencies probably know the main characters, but the main characters are not the ones committing these atrocities. The fundamentalist teachers are not the ones blowing themselves up (very clever of them don't you think) they have their foot soldiers doing that. And that is the problem.

Absolutely. Additionally, they are all so fragmented now in guerilla warfare. Some are Isis, some not. Some wanna be's, some from other groups. Isis for the most part remains in the ME. They won't come here. They have their groupies in the west, and are hoping/wishing they will blow some things up, as they can't/won't come here to do it themselves.

I heard some interviews with former members of ISIL and they said what they really, really, for real want is to bring about a caliphate and eventual apocalypse, and this is in fact the real motivation. They believe they can manipulate "Allah" into doing what they want him to do? How bizarre is that? (George Bush also thought he could advance the second coming, I believe.) It is beyond stupid. It makes stupid look smart, in fact.

So by beginning WWIII we would be giving them precisely what they are trying to manipulate us to do. It's what they want. Should we respond to manipulation? Or Is there someone who can teach them that these beliefs are nonsense?
That's the way. But who would they listen to? Who would they believe?

And Will, you are worrying about the innocent lives being taken now? WWIII would be this war on steroids.
Countless lives would be lost, not only 100 here and 40 there. It's a losing game.

(Besides, we are having a scaled down version of WWIII now if you think about it. WWIII sans nukes.)
It's sortof like my grandmother used to say about grey hair. For everyone you pluck out, two more grow back in it's place.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I honestly think this started with ideology, and it will have to end with the destruction of the ideology. It can be done.
How? I have no idea.

eta: Just a thought, and could be a silly one, but since all these ideas are based on a kind of 'superstition", then maybe try to fight it with superstition. Launch psychological warfare on them.

edit on 11/21/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The American people need to demand an investigation with subpoena power to find out who are the real criminals funding the biggest terrorist organization in the world.

We all know, that people in power are behind these operations and this needs to stop.

The fact is, the people on earth want peace. One can easily see who is befitting and profiting from these attacks as more freedoms are taking away from the innocents.

The people of the world need to come together and demand some accountability from the powers that be.

Perhaps it's time to abolish all forms of governments around the world and start a new system including shutting down the world monetary system that seems to be the most evil culprit behind all these terrorist attacks including all these wars.

Most people want peace, it is the powers the be who do not want peace.

I say, let the politions go to war and leave the rest of us alone. Hopefully they will kill themselves off and we can all live in peace.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I honestly think this started with ideology, and it will have to end with the destruction of the ideology. It can be done.
How? I have no idea.

eta: Just a thought, and could be a silly one, but since all these ideas are based on a kind of 'superstition", then maybe try to fight it with superstition. Launch psychological warfare on them.

It’s not only the ideology; it’s the ideologies relationship with power.

Remember the Nazis?

They had millions and a great nation and they were beaten and absorbed

Same for the Japanese who had a cultic religion and the US and allies beat them and absorbed them

Each one had the cult and had the relationship with power that's what made them dangerous.

These few Islamic jihadists are only powerful because the West has used them for geopolitical gain, and it’s attached to Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, too religiously ugly countries who practice barbaric pre-modern Islam

Also this ugly form of Islam is imbedded in Saudi Arabia the ugliest country in the world, that bribes US policy makers with their oil wealth and where this Islamic cult has taken over the government: Wahhabism

When you mix a religious cult with power (the Government of Saudi Arabia, Government of Germany in WWII and Japan in WWII) you re going to have problems until that cult’s relationship with power is broken.

When the US and the world finally deal with that ugly Wahhabism in Saudi will this crap die?

So you’re right in that sense, imo.

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Refer to the last post

The relationship of the ideology with power has to be broken as I delineated and used WWII Germany and Japan as examples.

Also the Saudi power and relationship with these jihadis must be exposed and dealt with, as well also Pakistan must be dealt with.

This religious cult has gained too much nearness to power: the US political secret agencies and the countries Saudi Arabia and Pakistan

Its no coincidence that the US has had their wars with the Jihadis through experiences with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia

SA and ISIS, Pakistan and the Taliban....break this sinister bond and you'll solve the problem

edit on 21-11-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I know one thing for sure: We need to quit trying to Americanize every other country in the world. It seems ever since Viet Nam we’ve been obssessed with spreading American-style “Democracy” around the globe. Consequently, we end up in quagmire after quagmire getting our butts kicked, sacrificing countless lives on both sides, draining our economy of funds badly needed here at home, and increasingly losing more and more of our dignity as a nation and respect from around the world with each misguided military incursion.

You would think we should have learned our lesson after Viet Nam, but noooo. In our insanity we keep doing the same thing over and over again thinking each time we’ll get a different result. But, of course, that’s just convoluted, delusional thinking. And this time, when we decided to take our nation building horse-sh*t crusade to Iraq we really stepped in it. If we had any sense at all we would have used the Richard Nixon Viet Nam strategy in Iraq. That is, when we realized it was hopeless and that we were f*cked, we should have pulled out and come home, declared total victory and never looked back. But, here we are, STILL in Iraq, plus we’ve now added Syria. Everybody over there is fighting everybody else. How in the hell do you even know who to shoot at? Christ!!

IDK, maybe this time we’ve really done it. We’ve opened a can of killer worms and they’re crawling all over us. Yuch!!! I don’t subscribe to all the conspiracy theories going around. Requires to many assumptions that can’t be substantiated. For me it’s a lot simpler than that. I just think we’re stupid.

Wish I had a solution, but I don’t. It seems to me we’ve done way more than our share damage in the M.E., and we need to sleeze our way outta there ASAP. It’s gotten completely out of hand...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join