It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groups want students who say “All Lives Matter” punished and re-educated

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Uh.....actually, if your daughter is "white", that's probably the whole idea. She's not welcome at these universities.

I see this whole thing as a political power play. If we look at what the demonstrators are accomplishing, we'll note they're succeeding in getting "white" administrators and Student Council members to resign. They can accomplish this because the schools are so dependent upon their football teams and the teams are largely black.

By taking over the schools administrations, they'll control admissions and that'll mean they'll be able to control who gets what in terms of funding.

The other thing they've managed to accomplish is to terrorize white students who will doubtless think twice about returning for the Spring semester. They've managed, in essence, to create an atmosphere so hostile that "students" interested in pursuing their studies, can't do that peaceably in the study halls and libraries; they've terrorized the public spaces.

You're daughter, especially if she's bright, might want to consider Canada universities or private Colleges in the US.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ironically these "Liberals" are too far left to actually be Liberal, by the definition of the word. The Left Wing is currently going through exactly what the right wing did when the mainstream Republicans stopped showing any real signs of conservatism. Now we have this Collectivist Regressive Left using identity politics to argue against Free Speech advocates and drown out any voice that doesn't agree with their collective position. It's absolute madness and it tends to come from sheltered upper and middle class college kids who then claim to speak for all the minorities.

In actuality they are being very illiberal.

And much of this is over FEELING unsafe, or FEELING offended.

I have to wonder what the older adults on these campuses think, because not everyone who goes to college classes these days is a 18-24 year old kid, I wonder if they can even avoid the insane drama.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Sounds like ISIL tactics to me!

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ironically these "Liberals" are too far left to actually be Liberal, by the definition of the word. The Left Wing is currently going through exactly what the right wing did when the mainstream Republicans stopped showing any real signs of conservatism. Now we have this Collectivist Regressive Left using identity politics to argue against Free Speech advocates and drown out any voice that doesn't agree with their collective position. It's absolute madness and it tends to come from sheltered upper and middle class college kids who then claim to speak for all the minorities.

In actuality they are being very illiberal.

And much of this is over FEELING unsafe, or FEELING offended.

I have to wonder what the older adults on these campuses think, because not everyone who goes to college classes these days is a 18-24 year old kid, I wonder if they can even avoid the insane drama.

They've gotten away with everything so far. Everybody caved and whimpered for every LGBT or racism demand. So now they're saying "haha I can't believe it, we can actually start demanding ownership of stuff all over campus, and firing people ourselves, and running our enemies right TF off campus !!"

Just like the terrorists. "bwahahaha I can't believe they let us go fight against them then come back home ! I can't believe they let us run around slashing and stabbing and we can just keep doing it ! I can't believe we can just walk into any country and get on welfare, and start a cell !!"

Happy days are here again for people who want to demand, loaf around, kill, etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Maybe taking the cue from the illustrious Marxist revolutionary professor Ayers....remember Ayers and Dohrn were at the epicenter of the Kent State riots.
edit on 17-11-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I used to have a friend that was a redhead, every time I was with him he would get hassled by folks, (we were in the Marines together) it would be base police, or civilian police, waters waitresses, ect. seemed everywhere we went he would get hassled. He spoke to me about it one day and I replied, well, you scowl at everyone and walk around with a chip on your shoulder all the time. He said of course, cause everyone hates redheads, your a blue eyed blonde you just don't know. so I dyed my hair red, never got hassled at all. I also did not scowl at folks and have a chip on my shoulder either.

there is a Moral in there somewhere (yes, I got in BIG trouble with the USMC for dying my hair, but it was worth every penny)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

And the sad thing is these Social Justice Warriors are alienating people who would otherwise completely support them.

I support LGBT rights 100%, when it comes to them getting equality under the law. But then they start demanding that all of society be nice to them and not offend their feelings and that is something that simply does not and cannot be done within a free society where individual rights like free speech are respected.

No one has the right to have their feelings catered to or have speech they don't like simply banned.

I imagine there is some racism on some of these campuses but those few instances are being hyped up to an amazingly hyperbolic level. My guess is that those instances are individual ones and that the racism isn't part of the system. You can't police what people say to the level they are demanding.

The sad thing is these students are supposedly adults...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
All speech is free until you disagree with me.

This is the message these precious little darlings want to put out there.

If I'm the President? I tell 'em to shut the hell up, and get to class. Or, face expulsion.

OK, kiddies, the ball is in your court.

My rights extend to an arm's length away from the end of the
flame pattern plus one sharp looking hooked beak. Although you're
dead on, we're probably older and didn't have the kind of political
flapway the kids now do. Just the same if Hedda Hopper (how old
am I NOW) showed up with such a butane/kerosene powered crest
at MY town hall I'd be holding the door for her-- with 6ft bacon tongs.

I'm not bitter about getting suspended for a bad hair day in '68 in
Illinois... but this is different. I'm beginning to suspect the academic
inbreeding/ scholastic nepotism phenomenon of creeping fabyanism
has hit a saturation point... and the system itself needs some re-ed.
sigh:: three generations of communists teaching younger communists
equals nobody bothers to notice the Black Forest turned red.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Please tell me this a joke. Please? This behavior/tantrums have to stop being coddled. I have a clue, people don't always agree with you and you can't mandate and punish them till they do.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Now you know that stating facts will never work... just drink the kool aid and be happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I'm willing to bet that if a large group made up entirely of white people went around saying "black lives matter" with honesty and conviction, there would still be a problem.

But sense they don't matter anyway what would be the point.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
IMHO, rather than all sides seeking to punitively punish each other, institute the following:

• Teach the history of oppression in the U.S.
  • Teach intersectionality so that students learn that people can suffer different degrees and forms of oppression.
  • Stress that because of said intersectionality, while all lives do matter (and stress that point,) movements such as BLM, as well as legislative efforts such as certain forms of affirmative action, are important.
  • Teach that compassion and civility toward members of more powerful subsets of society are not mutually exclusive with alerting said individuals to their witting or unwitting role in contributing to oppression, or with resisting said oppression.
  • Teach non-violence and peaceful, reasoned dialogue, and the importance of peaceful, non-violent civil disobedience.
  • Teach and stress legal rights and precedents.
  • Put cameras on every LEO and in every LEO vehicle.
  • Pass much tougher anti-discrimination laws with respect to law enforcement
  • Institute much more robust sensitivity training, and investigate, crack down on, and eliminate any examples of institutional or incidental racism in law enforcement agencies found to exist.
  • Promote, reward, and encourage those LEOs who consistently demonstrate fairness, equality, civility, and restraint.

Peace

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
#firstworldproblems

I would say these students are facing a reality check when they finally enter the real world, but I wonder how many will remain under the protective bubble of academia...ya know, where the rules of reality no longer apply.

I had to look up the definition to the word 'Quixotic' the other day, and I believe it's quite apropo here:

exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical

Just re-name the school- Quixotic University. Then everyone will know what they're dealing with.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: eisegesis
I'm willing to bet that if a large group made up entirely of white people went around saying "black lives matter" with honesty and conviction, there would still be a problem.

But sense they don't matter anyway what would be the point.

Which sense is this.....6th sense ?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie
#firstworldproblems

I would say these students are facing a reality check when they finally enter the real world, but I wonder how many will remain under the protective bubble of academia...ya know, where the rules of reality no longer apply.

I had to look up the definition to the word 'Quixotic' the other day, and I believe it's quite apropo here:

exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical

Just re-name the school- Quixotic University. Then everyone will know what they're dealing with.

They won't need to accept reality even in the work place as long as weak administrators cave to their idiocy, and a big bad EEO / AA / EDC / HR / Social Agitator network is lurking around encouraging and helping them.

All that will work is somebody with some backbone, willing to put every other aspect of their life on hold for several months, while having the nerve to fight back.

Most companies / corporations are pre-emptively afraid of the agitators and lawsuits these days. To the extent that they even set aside money to willingly offer as settlement, to get people to just go away.

Even if you win a lawsuit, you'll still get destroyed in he news media and social media.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Well you're right.....but only if the complainer in question has a 'tan', or happens to be some other socially acceptable minority.

At a previous employer, minorities were handled with kid gloves, whereas if you were unfortunate enough to be white you got totally crapped on (hardships, discipline, promotions, etc.). And if you dared to make a complaint about it you were totally ignored until they could generate something to fire you for.

But I guess- according to these insightful students- it's impossible for me to be discriminated AGAINST because I'm white. Or if I do, I deserve it, because I'm white. And if I try to complain about it, it's somehow a racist complaint against minorities and not a blatantly un-equal, unfair system. And if I try to complain about it, I should be punished because my 'free speech' doesn't fall neatly into their paradigm....regardless of how easily my allegations could be proven.

But, ya know, it's nice that these students have such a solid handle on concepts like (true) 'racism', 'equality', 'free speech', 'respect for others', 'civilized discourse', 'fairness', etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

But it looks like to me we are going Down a very dark road

Who is we?

3 years ago the Students making these demands could neither vote nor drive and most of them can't legally buy a beer. I see no reason to respect a demand curtailing free speech. It appears a poorly constructed and thought out demand originating from a self-centered world view...Otherwise, they need to grow the eff-up.

And I am a Liberal by most people's definition...

Also...I tracked down this story expecting it to be bunk...but unfortunately yes, the authors of the demands really are that dumb.

What nonsense...
edit on 18-11-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

At a previous employer, minorities were handled with kid gloves, whereas if you were unfortunate enough to be white you got totally crapped on (hardships, discipline, promotions, etc.). And if you dared to make a complaint about it you were totally ignored until they could generate something to fire you for.

Any employer that doesn't hire, fire and treat employees based on merit will lose money and fold...either sooner or later.

There is a chance what you describe was your perception. For no other reason than businesses lose money doing what you describe.

I own two businesses and employ all types of people...I don't care...Black, white, green, polka-dotted...be good at your job or get better fast or find another job.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
they should try this

Univ. of Vermont holds privilege retreat for students who 'self-identify as white'

www.campusreform.org...

is this a joke?

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Maybe you're right when it comes to free market enterprise. But I was working for a police department, and the rules of logic don't apply.

I checked back on this thread because I was hoping no one would take my post as a 'wah wah poor white me' thing. I don't think I was targeted BECAUSE I was white, it's just that affirmative action had swung so far that white people were acceptable collateral damage. And that's bull#.

Not hiring someone because they are black is just as bad as only hiring someone because they're black.

I'm team 'All lives matter'. I'm team 'equal is equal', 'fair is fair', 'rules and guidelines should be applied equally with no regard to race, or any other non-pertinent criteria', 'reward and punishment should be based on merit'.

But I guess I'm just idealistic. Maybe I should go back to college.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join