It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven charged after UK's largest ever weapons cache seizure in Kent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

. . . Smeaton shouted "#in' mon, then" and aimed a kick in the testicles at Kafeel Ahmed . . .

On 18 December 2007, it was announced that Smeaton was to be awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal for his actions . . .
en.wikipedia.org...(born_1976)

Though Smeaton did later blot his copybook by attempting to claim compensation, alleging that Ahmed had attacked his boot with his testicles.
edit on 17 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I think some forget that many were brought up in the UK with terrorism with the IRA.
We didn'y want guns because of them and don't now.
They will not scare me into wanting to be armed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

I think you should come here, interact with our police, then ask yourself how controlled you feel.

Every recent contact I've been aware of has been handled fairly and effectively.

Edit to add.
It's easy to wind them up if you want the benefits offered by playing the victim.
edit on 17 11 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

My apologies, wasn't trying to derail the thread.the size of the weapon cache is quite alarming if the regular bobby, and none of the citizens are armed. It is a scary time in the world, I am glad that they caught the guns in question.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: boymonkey74

. . . Smeaton shouted "#in' mon, then" and aimed a kick in the testicles at Kafeel Ahmed . . .

On 18 December 2007, it was announced that Smeaton was to be awarded the Queen's Gallantry Medal for his actions . . .
en.wikipedia.org...(born_1976)

Though Smeaton did later blot his copybook by attempting to claim compensation, alleging that Ahmed had attacked his boot with his testicles.

Dont know if you know this or not, but The Bold Smeato did #### all other than hide behind a pillar smoking a fag while it was all going down. Just for clarification, Smoking a fag here in Scotland means "Smoking a Cigarette", not shooting a Homosexual.

He then went on to steal the limelight by appearing in front of the cameras while the true heroes of that day were either in hospital..(broken leg) or being debriefed/giving statements to special branch... I dont know how Smeaton can sleep at night.

Here's a story in a local paper. As you can see his story is swiss cheese. He made his move after it was all over. All he did was pull Mick away from the fireball. The Cops had the big fella down and cuffed. Fireball man wasn't really a problem.
Airport Hero..?

edit on 17-11-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Thanks, I had no idea there was controversy over the story.

posted on Nov, 18 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Mick and the off duty cop steamed into the big lad...Mick was 6'5" the guy he faced off was smaller maybe 6'2" but he had been to the gym so he was well bulked up..
Mick tried to kick him in the bollocks but the guy dodged and Mick kicked the guys hip, breaking his leg in the process. another guy jumped in, cant remember his name now... not Smeaton.

They managed to get guy on the ground, then the airport cops got on top of the big fella and cuffed him...that's when the bold Smeato made his move to rescue Mick who didn't need rescuing. He was basically placing himself between mick and the terrorists....the rest they say is invented history.

I dont blame Smeaton for wavering at the time. but to grab all the plaudits and appear in front of the queen and Bush jnr etc afterwards was sickening. I'm sure Mick died 3 years ago. RIP big Man. A true hero who didn't think twice to act while Smeaton finished his smoke.

Smeaton "the Hero" was never asked to give evidence at the enquiry. Where as Mick, the other guy and the off duty cop were...Now we know why.? Smeaton was never involved until it was all over. The media just needed another Private Lynch story.
edit on 18-11-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Maybe some Brits are getting sick and tired of not having the right to defend themselves should their neighborhoods be overtaken by radicals who merely want to walk door to door shooting people till they get caught then suicide themselves.

Blah blah blah

No

Take your gun talk elsewere. Not everything about American rights.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Large numbers of sleepers are here waiting for a rampage. Crack dealing is commonly carried out with the express intent of destroying the health of the indigenous inhabitants, then "Marrying their daughters and moving into their houses". A very close friend who's appearance is reassuring to crack dealers heard the same story from several of these dealers. European and Russian protection racket types see it all as a legitimate business opportunity. From the day Baghdad was bombed there has been a loose knit army of the bereaved wanting revenge.

It's not like it used to be. Dunblane was a black operation calculated to remove the ability for us to carry small arms. Timing, timing, timing. dunblanemurders.blogspot.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 1 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

The Skorpions are NOT Russian, they're Czech. As for the semi automatics, they too are Czech, CZ Sa vz. 58.

I hope someone told the buyers that the magazines are NOT interchangable with AK mags..
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The men’s BlackBerry mobile phones had been installed with encryption software which the NCA was able to crack to provide “compelling evidence” of their key roles, the court heard.

On arriving back in the UK, Payne texted Rye to say “All done” followed by an email from Shilling to Defraine saying: “There home.”

Later, Shilling sent another email saying: “We now officially gangsters”, to which Defraine responded: “F****** nice one.”

Shilling replied: “Hahahaha defo that’s sick. Duck and run for cover bitches,” followed by: “We are a firm ant we.”

Shilling also exchanged messages with a mystery contact “B” to arrange the onward supply of the guns, the court heard.

He stated: “Next month I have 30 glocks I will sell,” the jury was told.
www.newsshopper.co.uk...

Seeking recognition as gangsters.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords
this is scary why woulod arm dealers be wanting to make a weapons cache they are trying to sell weapons not hold on to them and scorpions are czech not russian so these weapons probably are from eastern europe.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Maybe some Brits are getting sick and tired of not having the right to defend themselves should their neighborhoods be overtaken by radicals who merely want to walk door to door shooting people till they get caught then suicide themselves.

Although in my past I have thought about getting a gun I really don't see the need for one in the uk, most criminal type gun owners here use them against other gang members, you do get the occasional innocent getting hurt but its rare compared to countries that openly own guns

I'm much happier with my 4 inch hunting knife with gut hook tip

Anyone here use deep/dark web? I like to window shop on there from time to time and have noticed guns for sale and says shipped from within the uk to avoid customs, I wonder if these are the guys selling them. I'm gona take a look later and see if the ones pictured are the same being sold on there

I also remember a few weeks back there was a boat that was raided with shed loads of guns similar to these
edit on 28-3-2016 by TigStar82 because: Remebered more info

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Maybe they want to defend be selves against Islam?

Sounds reasonable too me.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: queenofswords

The black market gun trade in Europe has been going on a long time.

The article says they also bought equipment to bury them, so it seems like they were looking to have a cache for later use. They probably have more stashed elsewhere too.

Probably arms dealers.

If they were going to bury them then I am pretty confident I know what this is all about.

A lot of big time gangsters run the risk of getting caught with enough drugs to go to prison for a very long time.

One trick they use is to buy a hefty stash of guns and then if they get caught they offer to tell the police where the guns are in order for a reduced sentence. Given that the guns are a very serious issue the police have to do a deal.

It's an old trick but a good one.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

My guess would be Drug Gangs Simply because the people arrested sound white

So they could be drug gangs or they could be not. Too early to tell...but wait they sounded white!!!

Did you use a psychic to enlighten you or cant people have anglo names or arabic names that dont reveal their colour or political leanings?

Sometimes a spade is just a spade.

No doubt if the names were David Muhammad Payne, John Allah Smale, or Richard Sadiqui Rye we would be 30+ pages into another Terrorist thread by now...oh well, Publish and be damned.

Can i just EDIT this. I would like our ATS member to dig deep and find out if this story is true or BS. It just seems to me, givin the timing, that something is not quite right

Whats BS?.... the cops arresting some gun smugglers/hoarders
Why should they (ATS ) dig deep - you're the one pretending you're a serious investigator and yet after planting the seed of their names expect others to do your digging for you. Why, so you can feign indignation?

edit on 28-3-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

(post by 0rbital removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Another thing I hear and has happend before is a gang gets guns smuggled in with hopes to sell them and they just cant seem to sell the dam things here so they dump them or burry them as holding on to them is just to high risk.

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: nonspecific

Another thing I hear and has happend before is a gang gets guns smuggled in with hopes to sell them and they just cant seem to sell the dam things here so they dump them or burry them as holding on to them is just to high risk.

Not come across that before but Imagine to get a good price you would need to order in bulk.

I know for a fact that they are often used as a bargain tool escape route, seen it done a few times.

If you think about it what is the actual point of smuggling Kalashnikovs into the UK?

What use is there for one even for a gangster?

posted on Mar, 28 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just 5 mins on deep web found me these all in the uk....
glock 19
walther p99
desert eagle IMI
sig sauer p226
desert eagle 357

as well as body armour and flash / smoke grenades etc

Didn't find any full autos unless they are delivered from overseas like Russia, you don't even want to know what you can buy from Russia!!!!!!!
Kind of scary I never really thought about how easy it is to get a gun, I knew they were available but didn't realise I could order a fricking machine gun delivered to my door from Russia.
All of the above handguns are under 2 bitcoins and guaranteed delivery, they don't get paid unless you receive the item

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join