It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven charged after UK's largest ever weapons cache seizure in Kent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: purplemer

It looks like these were just criminals.

Yes, I thought about that too. however, there is a need to factor in the intent of burying the arms, and that can work both ways. As perhaps arms dealers, it might be better to bury the arms until there is a customer, while the same goes for would be vigilantes, and either way no guns in the house. You could do that crap and never be caught...yet these guys were caught from the outset. So there must have been intel.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Ah I thought if this was such a thing in the US that you are so much safer with your firearm laws then you would quickly and happily share examples of famous stories where CCW holders saved the day?
I gues it's too much trouble to support your argument, as I said, I've Googled it and found nothing.

I do find many hundreds of stories of US citizens getting massacred by blokes with guns though, again, struggling to find similar from the UK, lol, that speaks volumes and you know it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

A scruffy yacht and half a dozen journeys could have gone unnoticed if there was no talk.

Seems like a lot of people involved for the potential profit on arms sales. Not much profit when it's spilt between them. Must be more to the story.

Those who make their living running protection rackets often seem to consider their business legitimate. They don't actually want trouble, they just want fearful people to pay tax.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Ah I thought if this was such a thing in the US that you are so much safer with your firearm laws then you would quickly and happily share examples of famous stories where CCW holders saved the day?
I gues it's too much trouble to support your argument, as I said, I've Googled it and found nothing.

I do find many hundreds of stories of US citizens getting massacred by blokes with guns though, again, struggling to find similar from the UK, lol, that speaks volumes and you know it.

Oh, my! I just spent a couple of minutes and found bunches. You either are telling a fib about googling it, or you don't know how. Nope. I don't play that game.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What i dont get is this. If this is gang related, why take the risk bringing in these weapons. Drugs are far more lucrative, You can get all the weapons you need to out muscle your opponents here already.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Nope, I was just looking for serious attacks being foiled by ccw folk, you know the organised mass shootings you were referring to when I originally replied.
I can find hundreds of mass shootings in the US though, from this year alone, really easy, maybe I do know how to use Google after all.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Those are Czech guns.
Vz61 auto pistols that shoots .32 and VZ 58 7.62x39.
Cold war stuff.
edit on 16-11-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I agree the first do look like scorpion's but I am no gun nut and the second image is of folding stock AK's, look's like czech or russian made import's as Nickn and Soloprotocol mention, both types are not only illegal in the uk but totally illegal being automatic weapon's, even semi automatic can only be kept at a gun club in a secure locker.

Is there any information on the nationality of these people?.

The Running down of the police and other public services is for one purpose, it is not ECONOMIC and never was it is because,

Many of the Tory and New Labour politician's, backers and house of lord's members have high numbers of shared in G4S a private security contracton in the UK, I was in security for well over a decade and it was believed over ten years ago by the private security companys that the plan which was in line with the gat world trade agreement (Tony Blairs doing) was to run the police into the ground well before now and to open the sector up to private contractor's thus turning public money into corporate money and providing cheap low quality rent a cop's to do the job the british bobbys' always did before.

Everything they do is just to take our money and swindle it into there own bank account's via there corporations including running the police, National Health and other public services into the ground and it is not about saving money for our nation AT ALL.

Yes this will leave us WIDE OPEN TO ATTACK and in fact these scumbags in downing street are probably relishing the tragedy in pars as it is taking the public's mind from there swindling antic's.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What i dont get is this. If this is gang related, why take the risk bringing in these weapons. Drugs are far more lucrative, You can get all the weapons you need to out muscle your opponents here already.

A lot of the guns over here are in a bad state, you can't get the parts and quite often they're more lethal to the person holding them than to the target, the only people who can get hold of parts for a full auto ak etc would be a class 5 firearms dealer and from what i've read the paperwork is silly so its probably cheaper to bring in new stock and flog the older dodgy stuff down the line.

I'd say they were brought in specially as probably its would only be 20-30 grand for all that and would of been hidden at various places for when needed as plod does love to pay visits to known people and having a load of shooters on the kitchen table wouldn't really be very wise.

Ammo's reasonably easy to get hold of, just need one person with the required firearms license for the calibre and then you can reload as much brass as you want as no one ever counts it

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That is a big haul-
Looks like they came from eastern European organised crime gangs-Skorpions are one of their favorites.
The sick bastards who sell these guns are the sort who do not care where they will be used-They are just as happy to sell them to the sort of sickos who did the Paris massacre as to any random drug dealers.
(The Charlie Hebdo guns were thought to have come from such a source)

This is a wake up call-these guns can and do get to our tiny island.
Yes this time they were intercepted thankfully-but how many others have got through-and who now holds them,and with what intent?

Lets hope its "only" drug dealers-at least they only use them to kill other criminals,and not innocent members of the public most of the time.
Thats a horrible thing to say isn't it?
Sadly,its better than fanatics weilding these weapons.

Bad times folks.
Bad times

edit on 16/11/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: whatever

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This can't be right. Assault weapons are illegal to own in the UK. Didn't anyone tell these people the rules?

Oh right, they don't care about rules, they are criminals.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

The only really banned firearms in the UK are handguns and fully automatic rifles.

We can legally own semi-autos up to .22 cal, there's a nice .22 semi-auto M4 carbine for sale in the classified ads in the UK, just need the appropriate license, which any UK citizen can apply for, as long as medical and criminal record are sufficiently satisfied.

Colt M4 Carbine .22 LR 14 Inch

ETA: I think I may be incorrect about the calibre, from what I can gather we are allowed larger than .22

edit on 16/11/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I suppose your Google is not working very well ....?.... there are plenty of stories but I assume if there were 740,000 incidents every year where a gun stopped a rape, robbery, assault, or other forms of mayhem it would not fit into your preconceived notions ... in other words a waste of time and key strokes debating you.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Authorities say no charges will be filed against an Uber driver who shot and wounded a gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people in Logan Square over the weekend.

The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Sure because Czech Scorpion machine pistols and AKs are used for self defence in Britain..vonclod shakes head.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Is there any information on the nationality of these people?

David Kenneth PAYNE, DOB 28/08/1972, Rochester Road, Halling, Rochester
Jennifer Katherine ARTHY, 16/11/1973, Rochester Road, Halling, Rochester
John Stephen SMALE, 27/04/1957, Rochester Road, Halling, Rochester
Christopher John OWEN, 23/09/1985, Bush Road, Cuxton, Rochester
Harry David SHILLING, 11/04/1993, Hart Dyke Road, Swanley
Michael George DEFRAINE, 03/10/1985, Franklin Road, Bexleyheath
Richard RYE, 06/06/1991, Lime Road, Swanley

Information supplied courtesy of the NCA.

edit on 17 11 2015 by Kester because: credit

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Possibly it was the cheapest way to get enough reasonably reliable arms sharing common calibres for their gangster empire. Equipping everyone with one bought here and one bought there would mean more opportunities to be noticed, several different calibres, and probably some unreliable guns that may have a known criminal history. This way one gun of each type could be used for training and sourcing ammo wouldn't be a problem.
edit on 17 11 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

If the bankers private police start shoving people around, yes.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I suspect some macho drug dealer types have been groomed to hold armouries that are intended to be taken from them in the future and used in an unfriendly uprising. I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Just no.
We don't want nor need them sorry to burst your bubble.
We have history of punching terrorists in Scotland.
We don't need guns on our streets after a boozy night out.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
Ne we can look after ourselves thanks. We're not as paranoid as you Americans and we don't think we have the right to kill people easily like you have in America. We have proper policemen not armed morons pretending to be police and more to the point we have control of our police.

The arms imported were probably for organised crime.

Who has control? Looks like life i so important to you that you entrusted a bunch of crony politicians with it. Killing people is easy, we like the right to defend ourselves, here. I think your policemen control you right proper, just glad you know your place.

Eta: sorry if I took offense, I didn't even notice why you tossed dirt our way, maybe we deserved it, but I don't think I did.
edit on 17-11-2015 by onthedownlow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join