It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A pleasant oops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So tonight I was making pecan butter tarts and had some left over pastry. I decided to make an apple turnover with the scraps, being colourblind and somewhat lazy when it comes to labelling things I grabbed the container of garam masala instead of the cinnamon sugar mixture ( they're in the same type of container, and I didn't use the smell test like I usually do).I noticed my mistake about 20 min into the baking process when the fragrant smell filled the kitchen.

OMG! that was the tastiest mistake I've ever made, it reminded me somewhat in flavour of an apple chutney, the sweet/savoury/spicy flavour that hit me was a pleasant suprise. I'm gonna work more on this one to give the filling a bit more pazzazz, but I'm definitely making it again.

If you're not much into sweet things, you might want to give it a try, all I did was slice some gala apples, gave a heavy spinkle of garam masala on them, wrapped them in the pie pastry and bake at 400 C for 10 min then 350 C for 20.

Like I said I'm not a huge sweet fan so this mistake I really enjoyed.
edit on 14-11-2015 by Daavin because: spelling

edit on 14-11-2015 by Daavin because: grammar

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We don't make mistakes. We just have happy little accidents.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yum that sounds delicious. I often add garam Masada and black pepper and cinnamon and nutmeg aND such sort of spices to my cakes. Maybe you start a business. Keep on cooking.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This sounds so yummy to me because I don't like too much sweets. I might put a pat of butter on the apples and garam masala. Thanks Daavin!

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'm working on a curry "hot pocket" that is freezer friendly with a seasoned crust. I've even pounded out special tins to make a shallow rectagular "muffin tin" to bake them in, when I'm done I'll post the recipe.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What does garam masala taste like. I never heard of that.

My daughter had something called masala and she made some Indian soup from it. I thought it was hot

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

it is a bit spicy, and has an earthy taste to it. Although there are many different recipes for it (almost every family has a different one) it is mainly comprized of cumin, corriander, clove, chillies, cardamom, fennel and tuneric

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Only thread tonight that hasn't made me roll my eyes or make snarky comments in my head. And its also made me hungry. You can tell I'm on a diet. Sounds delish anyway

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

(post by brianmcdermoot removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join