It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passing lane Cruising... Just don't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Why does this happen to me every frickin day?

Driving down the highway... pull into the passing lane only to find some idiot going under the speed limit right in front of me...

Just cruising in the fast line, out for what they might believe is a sunday drive or scenic tour

Ten cars pass them in the middle lane... most flipping the bird as they pass... and they ACTUALLY STAY IN THE DAMN LANE!!

I don't know where the hell some of these people learned to drive... but here in Canada its called the passing lane for a reason!!

Pass someone, and move your ass back over!!

IF you wanna drive in this lane... you should be going faster then those driving in the center lane

AND IF someone pulls up behind you going faster... MOVE OVER FFS!!!

I see YOU looking in the mirror with a grin... and IF I wasn't headed somewhere at 120 clicks, I'd slap the smug right off your pumpkin!!

Gad sakes!!

sigh

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Combination of people-don't-know-how-to-friggen-drive + people-just-don't-have-manners

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I have a 2 hour drive to work everyday half of which is on the highway. I can't believe the amount of idiot drivers I encounter almost daily.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I have a 2 hour drive to work everyday half of which is on the highway. I can't believe the amount of idiot drivers I encounter almost daily.

I've had a rant gurgling inside me about traffic that I haven't had a chance to spew out yet. Maybe today is the day.

Its friggen INSANE how people are on the roads!!!

Your avatar: Dante's Inferno?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The ones I hate are the ones who speed up just enough to flank you thus preventing you from pulling over into the passing lane just as you are coming up on a car or truck that will make you drop out of cruise and brake.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How about the moron that stays in the fast lane until about a thousand feet (a few hundred meters) before their exit and think its okay to swing across three lanes?

How about the moron that turns on their turn-signal about FIVE MILES before their exit.

How about the idiot that sees you give them the nod and wave indicating you are letting them merge in in front of you... yet presses the gas, break, gas, break like they are doing the frigged salsa or something.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Or when they magically find the gas pedal when you go to pass them for doing what OP is talking about.

I drive a two lane interstate, I-8 out in east county SD, and my god the amount of times this happens.
And truckers passing each other, but I guess I can't get to mad about that, except when they try and do it going up hill...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Until recently, these people used to piss me off so much I'd see red. Having to go all the way across three lanes and back again because some oblivious moron is too lazy to use the steering wheel is irritating.

AND IF someone pulls up behind you going faster... MOVE OVER FFS!!!

You lost me on that one. If some jackass is close to my back-end trying to intimidate me over, they've got a short wait ahead of them. If they flash their lights, they've just asked to stay there for as long as I want them there.

Pushy asshole meets stubborn asshole. : )

I honestly believe that this is where trolls went before the internet was invented. There's no way that some drivers aren't doing what they do by accident or stupidity. Some know what they're doing and get a buzz from being awkward.

*That guy* who gently accelerates when you're overtaking him. The other who overtakes, moves in front, slows down. You have to overtake them and they do it all over again. Surely, surely these people do it wilfully?!
edit on 11.14.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

And every one behind you two pays for it. I get what your saying, and if someone is being obnoxious about it I some what agree but if you can get over I would say you should as a courtesy to those that are not being the a hole to ya.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Nah, I move over after a minute or so for the tailgaters. Maybe two minutes for the lights flashing arrogant pricks.

To the type of person who flashes their lights, seconds are an eternity of bursting blood vessels and existential frustration.

Otherwise, I like to think I'm a very courteous and correct driver. Really, with some people it's always no-win anyway. I mean we've all had guys road-raging because we've stopped to let a car into traffic or letting people cross the road. Like I said, for some people, those seconds of waiting are an eternity.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Gotcha, and ya I agree if some one is flashing their lights or doing the lets see how close I can get to the back of your car then they can take a chill pill.

Really, with some people it's always no-win anyway.

Agreed, I got honked at the other day getting off an exit because I waited for car coming before I took a right on a red, imagine that.
The lady behind me couldn't see the car because of the exit is set up but I had been stopped for like 10 seconds before she gave me the beep.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

How about the moron that stays in the fast lane until about a thousand feet (a few hundred meters) before their exit and think its okay to swing across three lanes?

Granted I have done this when traveling in unfamiliar areas where the right lane continuously turns into an an exit. If you can't merge left right away you get forced into taking an exit in an unfamiliar area. I'll try to get over one or two lanes, but not knowing how soon I need to get back over for my my proper exit has put me in the above situation. I think it is excusable in some cases especially if the person has out of state plates.

Now, as far as the left hand lane goes. I agree, but if you are coming up behind me and I can't get into the right lane right away and you ride my tail even though I am 10 MPH over speed limit, I am gonna slow down, because you are too freaking close. I'll get over as soon as I can, and I will go as fast as I feel safe doing so, but please please give me enough room so that if I tap my breaks you don't rear end me.

My husband never uses his turn signal, so I don't know what worse, the person who turns it on too soon, or the person who never uses it. I hate driving with him for this reason. It's the people who forget they have it on, that bugs me.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Newtons 4th law , the other lane always goes faster .

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
100% with you all the way here. Like morons who don't indicate- it's because they are not aware of others, they are the centre of their own world.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You lost me on that one. If some jackass is close to my back-end trying to intimidate me over, they've got a short wait ahead of them. If they flash their lights, they've just asked to stay there for as long as I want them there.

Pushy asshole meets stubborn asshole. : )

Absolutely...

but an attentive driver will see someone flying up on their ass and move over anyways...

If im going 140 down the highway, and some guy wants to rip by me... im good with that...

Im talking about people who drive like grandma in the passing lane... and don't move out of it...

Own that lane granny

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I'm totally cool with being overtaken. It's that guy who tailgates, at speed, whilst flashing their lights I have the problem with.

They gain 30 yards and do it to the next driver like only they matter in this world. Then the next driver. Flashing lights and gesticulating....no, no, no.

I'm not curtseying to that guy and moving out their way. Thank goodness they are rare.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I like your rant. I would love for you to come to Memphis and have a drive.. It's pretty wild and super scary and I found out, after a lady rear ended me last year, at a red light, that over 75% of Memphis drivers drive without insurance... And I didn't have uninsured motorist on my policy.. So I was pretty much messed up.

Anyway.. I guess there's crazy drivers everywhere though. I feel sometimes that not a lot of people took driving lessons. My parents made me go to driving school which I'm thankful for. Learning the rules of the road helped me to watch out for other motorists.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I use to be against self driving cars, but with the relentless onslaught of idiots on the road driving vehicles with reckless abandon. I'd ride in one if everyone had to by law.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

What about the ones who should be able to clearly see that the lane they are in is closing several hundred feet up, but they decide that rather than merging into the line, they will take the opportunity to rocket up those hundred feet and then play chicken with the cars up there keeping the line abysmally slow for all involved.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I JUST had one of these today. Driving down the highway trying to pass a person going 100km/h, I'm driving 120km/h. There's a huge black truck in front of me going prooobably 140km/h. There is no way you could not see this truck riding your a**. In front of him in the left hand lane is a tiny red sports car going maybe 110km/h (the speed limit). Big black truck gives a friendly honk, as if to say, "I don't mean to be a douche, but get the heck out of my way." Little Red Sports Car does not get the hint, even though no one is in the right hand lane beside him. Big Black Truck lays on the horn, and passes on the inside, which is illegal I think, but necessary.

I'm coming up the rear, and I think, surely, Little Red Sports Car got the hint and will move over as soon as my Medium Blue Truck gets behind him. Nope! I have to pass on the inside, and when I give a honk, the people in the car look absolutely terrorized. At least 6 more cars passed these people on the inside after myself and Big Black Truck.

Just. Don't. Drive. On. The Highway!

top topics

join