It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Libertarian Party need to go after the latino/black vote?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Libertarians are for
-extremely restricted government(via the constitution and bill of rights)
-very minimalist government
-very little government involvement in anything on the state level.
-personal responsibility
-do no harm .
-personal freedoms.
-no income tax
-very low corporate tax.
-sound monetary policy.
-pro-US trade policy
-for states rights.

What can the Libertarians do to cater to latino americans and african americans?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The libertarian candidate in my canadian city, told the native population here (over 50% of the population) that they should have the rights to their land abolished. Google tamara johnson thunder bay. It was quite the out cry from the public here. She had her house vandalized, store property defaced, and life threatened almost daily.
Due to her being the introduction to liberterian policies for the people in my city, there will most likely never be a lib. In gov here. Which is unfortunate because being of native decent i agreed with her stance. Sick of seeing these glue and gas huffing low lives everywhere. Literally cant walk down the street here without being harassed for a smoke or bus fare.
Poor state of affairs.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

What can the Libertarians do to cater to latino americans and african americans?

Libertarians don't cater to anyone. You either like the philosophy or you don't.

All those things you mentioned sound pretty reasonable to me. We just need more people to wake up and realize they have more options than just two candidates.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2015 by rockintitz because: Double

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think the anti-war stance is powerful, but you either like freedom or don't. You can't really sell Libertarianism to people.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Libertarians are for
-extremely restricted government(via the constitution and bill of rights)
-very minimalist government
-very little government involvement in anything on the state level.
-personal responsibility
-do no harm .
-personal freedoms.
-no income tax
-very low corporate tax.
-sound monetary policy.
-pro-US trade policy
-for states rights.

Nothing. In fact you can just say goodbye to the constitution because none of these groups support it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Probably not much. The problem is that these two groups, along with many, if not most others, don't look to a party based on their philosophy, but according to what the party can do FOR them. Thus the Republican Party, just as an example, which was founded as an anti-slavery party and pushed through anti KKK legislation over and over again for a hundred years (The list is long and impressive) is shunned by most Blacks in favor of the Democratic Party, of which the KKK was considered the terrorist arm. But Blacks perceive the Democratic Part as a route to power and a party which will ensure more entitlements, thus assuring one definition of "equality."

The Libertarian Party wants smaller government, and that means fewer entitlements, so it really has nothing to offer compared to the Democratic Party, which is still offering the world. Blacks would lose under the Libertarian system. So unless the Libertarian Party can figure out a message that resonates with the Black community, it's not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The Libertarian party doesn't go after groups. It is the individual that matters and I guess that is one thing that sets them about from the big 2 parties.

I can't imagine someone being for individual liberty only because their group is for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Most people don't vote. Black white asian native etc. Most americans don't vote.

The few that do vote based on what the TV tells them.

If your black and not a democrat and say your a libertarian most people regardless of race will not know what that is(progressive anarchist actually but I advocate progressive non-violent fabian-like transition over violent revolution).

I see the republicans totally alienate the minority vote and that leave it wide open for the libertarians. The democrats are mentally ill pushing softcore marxism on the public.
edit on 13-11-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think the anti-war stance is powerful, but you either like freedom or don't. You can't really sell Libertarianism to people.

Hence, it can't be bought.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No, just totally no. That view is totally wrong, yikes.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

No, just totally no. That view is totally wrong, yikes.

You may not like it, but it's not wrong. People vote their self-interest. The Libertarians have nothing to offer.

new topics

top topics

join