It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European Migration Crisis thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
I love the folks that try to personalize and dismiss what is going on in Europe. I have spoke to several friends who have family in Austria and Germany and their families are telling them that it is a big deal and not in a good way.

Are you pro immigration folks saying these muslims aren't raping women, aren't expecting financial assistance, aren't displacing citizens from their homes?

Call me Xenophobic is you will but nothing good will come from this. The muslim immigrants will not assimilate, will expect the respective host countries and citizens to change their way of life to accommodate. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

News flash Sweden is experiencinga rape epidemic and guess who the culprit is? MUSLIMS! Wake up!

"Muslim immigrant will not assimilate"

Really?

you know there are 6 million muslims in the US right? just like going to work and buying ipads and stuff...

PUT THE DAILY MIRROR DOWN!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Sorry, I don't know how I managed to post in the wrong thread, but I did.

edit on 11/12/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think you are the one who is brained washed, I think I am wide awake Why have you bought my age into it? You say you don't respect me but then you don't actually know anything about me as a person, little un-PC don't you think? Little judgmental don't you think? Lots of assumptions and perceptions there. Anyway I digress this is a thread for people of Europe who have concerns to be able to air those concerns. If people don't want to read those concerns then if we had it all in one thread or forum they could just skip on by. .a reply to: and14263

The thing I find slightly amusing on ATS is the star envy? What exactly is all that about? I couldn't care how many stars or flags a post has got as long as I remain true to myself. Strange!!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Here you go I can't be bothered finding the relevant bits because I know it will somehow be turned on its head to fit in with your ideas. However, I think this little snippet from October kind of tells the story www.balancedmigration.com... reply to: GonzoSinister

If you want to trawl through the rest is here www.migrationwatchuk.org...

I will find other figures later as going on school run.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Do you personally know any refugee? Because I do, i know quite a few refugees. They are not at all like you mention. They are like everyday folks, working studying and at times partying. I guess they would not be sharing my bacon, and thats the only difference I can think of between them and me.

Bottom line. Get to know people personally, it removes the fear. Yes there are incidents, but hey, there are many more incidents involving non refuges/locals. In Germany for example, the right wing has been far more agressive than any refugee, one even stabbed a politician few days back. Their rallies are filled with abuse and violence towards their own countrymen.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Europe is falling.

That is all.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
Here you go I can't be bothered finding the relevant bits because I know it will somehow be turned on its head to fit in with your ideas. However, I think this little snippet from October kind of tells the story www.balancedmigration.com... reply to: GonzoSinister

If you want to trawl through the rest is here www.migrationwatchuk.org...

I will find other figures later as going on school run.

The first link does not work, the second link is an "independent board" which states 200,000 non Europeans immigrate to the UK every year..

www.gov.uk...

that link shows in 2011 more than 300,000 (143,000 of which where British born and bred) left the UK to other countries via emigration.

of them 89% were of working age...

so just because you can post links from an independent source doesn't mean he is giving you all the stats.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

A record-breaking number of migrants and refugees arrived in Europe in October — a number nearly equaling the total for all of last year, according to the United Nations refugee agency.

Adrian Edwards, a spokesman for UNHCR, said 218,394 migrants and refugees reached Europe by sea last month — compared with around 23,000 in October a year earlier. The total number of arrivals in 2014 was around 219,000, according to UNHCR.

More in one month, than all of last year.
I am not European and can only go by what I read here and on other web sites, but let's try to look at it on a smaller, personal scale.
In one year, you had 50 strangers come to your house, asking for food, clothes and a place to sleep. You did your best to help, but now you have 50 people a day showing up. Some of them violent, stealing from you, assaulting your neighbors and demanding you give them what they want. They are already in your house, with no way to tell them apart from the folks who really do need help and more showing up by the minute.
What do you do now?

Shut The Damn Door.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

David please understand OP doesn't care about Europe, this is about a concern that there are too many foreign people in the UK scrounging off the government, just veiled in a concern for Europe.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GonzoSinister
a reply to: DAVID64

David please understand OP doesn't care about Europe, this is about a concern that there are too many foreign people in the UK scrounging off the government, just veiled in a concern for Europe.

That makes ZERO sense. Why can't both be synonymous?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If you have read my future posts you will see that I haven't mentioned anyone scrounging off the government. I am not a conservative voter. When it comes to the economy and such things I am left wing. So you are completely off the mark. If I'm not concerned about Europe then why would I be interested in what is happening there? Course I am concerned about Europe, I think everyone should be. That's what I don't get. If it comes to it Calais has nothing to do with the UK either so by that logic then I shouldn't be bothered. I think eventually what is happening in Europe will eventually bother everyone not just the few of us. I think it will be as far reaching as America. a reply to: GonzoSinister

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The xenophobia is strong in this thread.
Keep falling for the jonny foreigner is evil propaganda from the trash like the mail and mirror.
I thought many had a bit more sense...obviously not.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: GonzoSinister
BBC Net migration from the ONS

There you are, not difficult to find, is it?

That's the net migration figure. (The number of people in minus those leaving)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
AMERICANS:

We do not have the right to call anyone xenophobic or racist if they oppose immigration in another country.

America is "a melting pot" people like to "claim" our nation destroyed the natives which is untrue, the world was entering a new age and our history to this day is of people flocking to a new location for space, resources and money, tribalism was giving way to a new era. That is OUR history, Multiculturalism from the British Dutch and Spanish, Africans that yes started as Slaves but are here to stay regardless, all Brands of Europeans and now Asians who are our largest group for the next 50 years coming...

It is NOT the job of other cultures to accept immigration... If you are as example Japanese you are Japanese, you have an Island, a Culture a people and if it is filled with "others" that is the Death of that culture.

I like a world in which OUR nation accepts Sweeds and British and French and Chinese and so many others, that goes away when culture die. Our strength of diversity vanishes if one group out there "overwhelms" the others that is why we end up world police so often (among other lesser reasons of no worth)

What is going on in Europe is wrong, some, some of these people are chanting and screaming about breeding these cultures out of existence, this is NOT a peaceful migration and no it wouldn't be "good" for any of you for another continent to wax religious and ultra conservative nor is the loss of entire cultures to one that spreads like a disease and has a very real potential of TARGETING YOU

WE are multicultural, Sweedes are Sweedes, Germans are Germans, Brits are Brits

When you are 24 Million people of a singular culture and "others" who most often DO seem to not like you or want you around as you are start showing up that's an invasion not immigration.

What has happened to some in our culture is they believe so highly in a world where everyone mixes into a whole they are willing to see genocide of entire cultures and belief systems happen for "Their Race beliefs" which is no different than what Hitler did. From one Master Race to another, One Tan one White there is no difference.

So Stop

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

OK... In order to shut us up I think you need to make a good post highlighting how this 'crisis' will have negative effects on our futures - give your opinion and if possible some respected sources. Perhaps address the economy, employment, benefits system, deportation problems, culture clash, resentment, types of asylum seekers etc etc

You will then find my responses different... I may even agree with you on many points.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

No, it sucks when people do this when there's an
ongoing discussion already on the boards. It's easy to tell you
haven't had this happen to you.

I pour out my beer in disgust.

I mean the other one would have dropped off the
boards soon enough. You could've waited.

( winks at other posterer)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join