It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland sues Monsanto for ‘long-standing contamination’ of San Francisco Bay

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Hi

Any news concerning Monsanto being sued is great in my opinion. Although they are usually above the law these cases are becoming more and more common.

It's the same story of Monsanto deception and endangering the health of everyone. This is a quote released in the statement against Monsanto.

Monsanto knew that PCBs were toxic and could not be contained as they readily escaped into the environment, finding their way into bays, oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, soil and air,” the statement read. “Although evidence confirms that Monsanto recognized that PCBs were becoming ‘a global contaminant’, well before the 1979 ban, it concealed this information and increased production of these profitable compounds.”

It has been estimated it will take up to $1 billion to clear the bay of the chemicals. However as one would guess the damage will go beyond what can be removed from the water source.

Hopefully more and more people will stand up against the evil that is Monsanto and prevent them from poisoning our environment and every species including us.

link

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Good for them, ever see A Civil Action
edit on 11-11-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-11-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969
Excellent find S&F.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Man, I love Oakland... a whole lot of canny folks mad as hell and not taking it any more... for decades!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So are they going to ignore all the other pollutants in the bay?

I think it was Pfizer that used pcbs back then and Monsanto took over all liabilities in exchange for no debt.
But I'm old and the memory is rusty.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hurray for Oakland! A few years ago on the California ballot we had the opportunity to vote on whether GMO's should be on food labels. A local paper listed what companies were for what and Monsanto must of had a bunch of people in their pocket because even the advertisements on t.v had something to do with peoples vote as the GMO labeling law didn't come to pass.
People need to be aware of what Monsanto does and that most if not all of what they do is against Mother nature.
Thank you for the OP

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This goes beyond profits and is completely interwoven into the U.N.'s plan to bring internet to every third world man, woman and child as they grow fat, stupid and cancerous from "super yo mega rice" and "magic beans". The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will team up with Apple as they develop a stripped down version of their telemetry gathering piece of crap.

Every vaccination comes with a free health monitoring bracelet with built in GPS beacon that syncs automatically to the Google balloon spying on you in the sky. They're an untapped resource for corrupt corporatism. Globalism cannot be attained without their inception into what most of us already find ourselves in. To many, that sounds like a good thing until you learn to read between the lines. I could keep going, but some might call me out as delusional, lol.

Oakland joins San Jose, Seattle and San Diego as cities that have filed similar suits against Monsanto.

Link

In their minds, it's only wrong if they get caught.

How anyone can still defend this company is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
THey can start with monsanto and then move on to all the other companies which pollute this earth ,they are all equally evil and should be held to account

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
THey can start with monsanto and then move on to all the other companies which pollute this earth ,they are all equally evil and should be held to account

If Humans believe Fukushima and the Gulf spill were accidents, how can we expect them to account anything?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: trifecta

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If Humans believe Fukushima and the Gulf spill were accidents, how can we expect them to account anything?

Its not about belief it is about profit,fuku,bp oil spill and many other disasters all have one thing in common......greed!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Good for them, it's start at least. Not only for that area affected but others areas, not already listed for the action, may need an example of how to take care of these issues. Will they take any procedes for appropriate cleanup, etc, will have to see.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Dont forget the corn syrup thats in everything now

top topics

join