It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson's discomfort of TG folks would force every business to build a new bathroom.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Here's one of them I found after reading the OP: abcnews.go.com...

it's also on Huff Post. just do a search for ben carson on transgendered people...you'll see several sources listed.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Poor Dr. Ben, now grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to stay relevant. He clearly sees the handwriting on the wall; the GOP is going to dump him soon. They know that the moderate electorate sees Dr. Ben as fringe loony toons theocrat, ala Sarah Palin. At least they learned that lesson...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: SkyNetBeware

I have an idea. 1 person, locking, pay toilets can be built for anyone uncomfortable with using either a Men's or Women's bathroom. They may be uncomfortable that transgender people are in the other bathrooms or simply want the luxury of more privacy. The maybe 50 or 70 cents per use could cover supplies, cleaning and part of the cost to build.

I'm very much against that idea because before long the only bathroom that's clean becomes a premium bathroom that everyone uses. The pricetag will be used as a reason to let others become rather dirty.

How about we just treat transgender people like people? That's a free solution. In reality I think the issue has to do in how much of a transition the person has physically made. If you're a guy and you're going to be identified as a guy in drag, use the male restroom, if not then use the female. Seeing as how that's subjective though it can't be legislated.
edit on 8-11-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: DelMarvel
I don't see anywhere this TG thing. But, as far a "minor points of contention" go, those points are piling up as a big smelly steaming pile of "wait a minute."

I actually agree with everything you're saying and that was a poor choice of words on my part.

I guess my point is that (for example) his explanation of the West Point scholarship account can be seen as plausible by those inclined to support him while there are much bigger red flags that haven't been addressed to this extent in the media.

My fear is that his religious beliefs are going to be considered off the table by the media and I see evidence of that happening already.

Generally speaking that would be right but this guy has not been vetted at all, his temperament seems suspect and he may have apocalyptic beliefs even more extreme than what we already see from the right.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join