It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson's discomfort of TG folks would force every business to build a new bathroom.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Ben Carson is uncomfortable with transgender people.

He wants them to have their own public bathrooms. Separate but equal.

That means every business would have to build a new bathroom and put a new sign on the door. That's tens of thousands of dollars in extra business costs. Maybe lots more in many cases.

Seriously? Who takes this guy seriously?

Transgender people are already using bathrooms and no one notices or cares.

Ben Carson has shared bathrooms with transgender people many times already and didn't even know it.

Transgender people are being murdered left and right and now this fool wants them to voluntarily walk into special bathrooms and thereby reveal themselves to the true predators who might be waiting for them: religious fundamentalists who stalk and kill these transgender folks?

Transgender people are not predators.

Even if you ban transgender people from using public restrooms, the true sexual predators will find victims wherever they can, including restrooms. These unfair and hateful laws against transgender people do not in any way stop true predators from breaking the law and finding victims.

Here's my solution: if you are uncomfortable with transgender people, YOU stay out of public restrooms. If you need a law to stop predators, then don't target innocent people, instead pass a law that simply makes it illegal for ANYONE to victimize anyone else regardless of the location. Oh wait! Those laws already exist.

Ben Carson go away. You are making a fool out of yourself and your party.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkyNetBeware
Ben Carson is uncomfortable with transgender people.

He wants them to have their own public bathrooms. Separate but equal.

That means every business would have to build a new bathroom and put a new sign on the door. That's tens of thousands of dollars in extra business costs. Maybe lots more in many cases.

Seriously? Who takes this guy seriously?

Ben Carson has shared bathrooms with transgender people many times already and didn't even know it.

Transgender people are being murdered left and right and now this fool wants them to voluntarily walk into special bathrooms and thereby reveal themselves to the true predators who might be waiting for them: religious fundamentalists who stalk and kill these transgender folks?

Transgender people are not predators.

Even if you ban transgender people from using public restrooms, the true sexual predators will find victims wherever they can, including restrooms. These unfair and hateful laws against transgender people do not in any way stop true predators from breaking the law and finding victims.

Here's my solution: if you are uncomfortable with transgender people, YOU stay out of public restrooms. If you need a law to stop predators, then don't target innocent people, instead pass a law that simply makes it illegal for ANYONE to victimize anyone else regardless of the location. Oh wait! Those laws already exist.

Ben Carson go away. You are making a fool out of yourself and your party.

Honestly I don't think it really matters what bathroom they use or anyone else uses. If I have to take a dump I don't care where I do it as long as there is toilet paper.Also if transgender people don't make you uncomfortable at least a little I think you might be a bit weird,I mean sometimes you really can't tell what sex they were born as and it can make asking someone out a little awkward because you might later find out they have the genitals that you were hoping they wouldn't have. I was dating a TGP(transgender person) for a few weeks and didn't even know until we were about to have sex a couple days ago that she had a penis(it was pretty small,hence why I didn't notice a bulge in the crotch region)I broke up with her for being dishonest,I think the whole TG thing would make me and other people more comfortable with it if the ones that could fool you were open about who they are in the pants.(penisaurous or vaginous)
I don't really care if a were to date and plow a TG if they had the full sex change(got rid of the penery)and could pass as looking like a woman.(IE:no obvious or even semi-obvious hints of having ever been a man)
edit on 8-11-2015 by VashTheStampede because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I don't think gender killers will be waiting outside specially marked bathrooms.

I do think the cost of adding more bathrooms will be too much for smaller businesses, ultimately contributing to driving them out of business, thereby reducing competition for Big business.

No wonder they are even considering it.

Anybody remember the initial drive to make all businesses wheel chair friendly, installing electric doors, ramp access, and handicapped parking?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If every business had a TG marked bathroom, it would be easy to find and track TG people as they exited these restrooms.

There are evil people out there who hate TG people and their job of finding them would now be as simple as going to a bar and watching who enters and leaves a TG bathroom. Yes, there would be more killings. No, it wouldn't happen at every business of course.

Many TG people are killed each year.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SkyNetBeware

Hmm. Interesting. Do you have a source for this?

Turns out there are hit pieces going around (Politico is the most recent) which wildly mislead readers and misrepresent Dr Carson.

I agree he is out of his league being a contender for POTUS, but, at least we have to vet not only him, but now the sources talking about him, too.
edit on 11/8/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Let businesses do whatever the hell they want.

I'm not going to start making huge concessions for less than half of 1 % of the population.
While I'm not hateful of trannies, I really don't care for them either. Nor do I think that something that is obviously a mental disorder is on the same level with gay and lesbian folks. For that reason I'm not willing to gender bend restrooms to appease an extremely small minority of people with mental issues.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

If every business had a TG marked bathroom, it would be easy to find and track TG people as they exited these restrooms.

I hadn't thought of this initially. But I'm guessing you are 100% correct. This idea would put people at risk even more than they already are.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I have an idea. 1 person, locking, pay toilets can be built for anyone uncomfortable with using either a Men's or Women's bathroom. They may be uncomfortable that transgender people are in the other bathrooms or simply want the luxury of more privacy. The maybe 50 or 70 cents per use could cover supplies, cleaning and part of the cost to build.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkyNetBeware
a reply to: intrptr

There are evil people out there who hate TG people and their job of finding them would now be as simple as going to a bar and watching who enters and leaves a TG bathroom. Yes, there would be more killings. No, it wouldn't happen at every business of course.

Many TG people are killed each year.

Yes, that is a bad idea. It reminds me of bathroom and water fountains signs saying 'colored only'.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Most people's discomfort with having mostly male or female people in the same bathroom with them when they are not either male or female themselves would prefer to have business set aside a bathroom if we are really going to go this far.

Carson isn't alone. The Houston vote should have shown you all that. Additionally the demographics of the Houston vote should show that the traditional minority Democrat also agrees with Carson. This presents a problem for wealthy white liberals who are the ones most invested in this anyone can go into any bathroom they darn well please agenda. Your voting base and your voting elite do not agree for the most part.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Turns out there are hit pieces going around (Politico is the most recent) which wildly mislead readers and misrepresent Dr Carson.

This bathroom idea, while stupid, is a very minor point of contention as is the alleged embellishment of his personal history.

For one thing he has yet to be challenged about to what extent he subscribes to such mainstream Seventh Day Adventist prophecies as the U.S. government joining with the "whore of Babylon" "anti-Christ" Pope, Catholics and other protestants to persecute Seventh Day Adventists.
edit on 8-11-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I've spent the last hour and a half watching vids and reading everything I could find just doing a search of 'ben carson'.

I don't see anywhere this TG thing. But, as far a "minor points of contention" go, those points are piling up as a big smelly steaming pile of "wait a minute."

I worked with troubled youths for several years. Many of them had "intermittent explosive behaviors" (suddenly flying into a rage when thwarted or perceiving some slight, or even just missing a basket in a pick-up game). What Carson describes of his youth may be 'embellished', there's nothing new about stories being tweaked to be more sensational than they were - but no one from his youth can recall any of these events - it would help a great deal if the people given pseudonyms in his anecdotes would come forward - and say, yes, it was me. I remember that. - but no one has.

Instead we are hearing about how none of his stories are being held up when actually 'fact-checked'.

Now, if he recalls his adolescent experience differently than other participants might remember them (memory is notoriously untrustworthy) that is also not unusual. People exaggerate anecdotes all the time, to help make their point, or for mere attention-grabbing from the audience.

My point: I don't trust that his 'volatile temper' and thuggery is gone forever. What would it take for him to go off the deep end now? He's getting very frustrated with the media - why does he even want to do this to himself? Did he think he'd get a free pass and no serious vetting?

Anyway - back to TG fears: many places have 'public restrooms' that are generic. One person at a time. I suppose businesses could just buy a portapotty and stick it next to the dumpster outside for customers who are that nervous about being in a freaking bathroom with others. Good grief.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
IDK...The whole 'UP or DOWN' toilet seat issue, alone, would be a logistical nightmare.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

As for his religious beliefs - he wants Roe v Wade overturned. He believes the pyramids were for grain storage. He believes the earth was created in SIX DAYS as per Genesis.

But perhaps most troubling - a "religious epiphany" that took place in a bathroom for several hours after he allegedly attempted to stab his family member in the gut ..... no, I keep hearing echoes of GW saying, "God told me to invade Iraq."

Also, don't the SDAs believe in the rapture? I'm pretty sure they do. For a troubled 14-year old to suddenly get the Jesus is a sketchy whim-type emotional reaction at best. We're seeing him get 'fired up' now over media scrutiny. (And yes, I have looked at Fox, CNN, CBS, NBS, ABC, WP, etc.)

They're all saying the same thing - his stories aren't coming up as anything but inspirational embellished STORIES. There are no records anywhere of any of the events, and no memories from eye-witnesses coming out of the woodwork, either.

Are his mom and brother still alive, btw? Why aren't they being interviewed?
How about the pastor or deacon or whoever was in charge of his 'baptism' into the SDAs? Do we know if that's true?

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Ben Carson will never be president of the U.S. So we have little to worry about there.

I think Krazyshot called this right. At some point, we are probably looking at businesses going to unisex bathrooms, with more stalls for privacy. Hey, it works in the movies.

Murdered right and left? Any stats on that? My family are religious fundamentalists. I don't recall any of them stalking or murdering anyone. Ever. Let alone TG's. I'm not saying there aren't some crazy fundies out there, but in general you're more likely to get hit with a bible, or have "hands laid on you" than murdered.
edit on 11/8/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

edit on 11/8/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As a guy past 40, I say the more bathrooms, the better.

Ultimately, the best solution would be to convert ALL bathrooms to 'unisex', but make the ones on the Right for Conservatives...and the ones on the Left, for Progressives.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I get more privacy in public washrooms than I do at home.

This whole issue is so bloody ridiculous. That anyone would care what somebody - anybody - is doing in the next stall is so juvenile.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think Unisex bathrooms aren't a good idea. They work at small businesses like gas stations, but in large venues like football games, concerts, etc, unless they were single portapotty types, I could see a large increase of sexual harassment towards women. Women get harassed enough without now worrying about guys following them into a unisex bathroom.

As far as TG, I agree that people don't even notice as it happens now, it's a none-issue.

Also, as someone else pointed out, many TG's are actually born with ambiguous biology, so it's not just a lifestyle choice as one poster stated. They then face harassment and confusion if the doctor arbitrarily chooses a gender binary that doesn't fit with their innate nature. In the real world and nature, not everything fits neatly into the categories we imagine.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AudioOne

You bring up a good point about increased sexual harassment, vis-a-vis Unisex bathrooms in companies.

Unfortunately, sexual harassment truly exists, but due to political correctness, people are much more easily offended and inclined to take offense (occasionally, where no offense is intended)...asking the lady in the stall next to you if she's got the time, could be totally misconstrued.
Lawyers, however, might totally support the unisex bathroom idea.
edit on 8-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Where is the Source Please.

Link Source.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join