It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British jet with 189 passengers on board 'dodged missile' while approaching Sharm El Sheikh

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
SOURCE: UK MIRROR

The London Stansted flight was said to have come "within 1,000ft" of the deadly missile and only avoided it after the pilot took evasive action

That was a close one. I see the Middle East will soon be suffering a huge loss in revenue from travel to the region. Flights from every carrier serving the region will likely be halted with this news.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

This happened 2 months ago....

Is this implying that ISIS have surface to air missiles?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's really kind of annoying when one has to take a survey to be able to access a link provided by an OP. Is that just a mobile user thing or something?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Why are people even going there? Ain't nuthin' good for nobody there, stay away. I mean, the place is called Sharm. It's no place for anyone from a civilized society.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I'm confused. If this happened two months ago then why have the British government only just halted flights to Egypt?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I'm confused. If this happened two months ago then why have the British government only just halted flights to Egypt?

Because they had to act quickly before the Earth's tectonic plates move again!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well that is awfully interesting. Gives fresh insight to the behavior and stance of not only the British government but Egypt as well.

Goes to show what billions in annual assistance from the U.S. Gives you. You accept their blood money, than you accept the games being played in your territory. And yes Egypt, that comes with real tourism dollars down the drain. I hope you're being handsomely compensated for it.

On a side, still interesting that since I was knee high to a toad stool, all Muslims hated Israel. How are they getting a pass? So Russia bombs a few strongholds in Syria and suddenly jihad goes ape shot on Russia, yet Israel can bomb Palistine into 2000 BC and them same Arabs are doing what? Launching firecrackers into Israel?

What a #ed up joke this all is? Black really is white and mankind really is that stupid.

Cheers to you all.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Because they had to act quickly before the Earth's tectonic plates move again!

Actually, it's probably becasue the article is complete bullsh*t

And if it isn't, then the question does remain, why were flights allowed to continue?
edit on -216002015-11-06T19:59:53-06:000000005330201553112015Fri, 06 Nov 2015 19:59:53 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Different agendas.

I'll take a punt on a prediction too, There's 40k+ Russian Civilians in Sharm who are effectively stuck until transport can be made available to get them safely home. I think some of those folks will be attacked at the resort soon.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If that was a missile, it would have hit. There's no way a MANPADS misses an airliner coming in to land. It had to have been an unguided rocket.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Frankly I'm gobsmacked that you, as an aviation expert, don't understand that a loaded airliner can totally dodge MANPAD missiles.

Movies are based on real life, Z. If harrison ford could do it in Air Force one way back in the 90s, it's completely reasonable that an airliner in 2015 can dodge a guided missile.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Don't even get me started on that movie. I can't watch ten minutes of it without getting pissed off. Heh.

Eventuality they'll have something similar to Guardian and blind them.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

A government spokesman said: " We investigated the reported incident at the time and concluded that it was not a targeted attack and was likely to be connected to routine exercises being conducted by the Egyptian military in the area at the time."

What's the Egyptian military doing firing missiles with no target anyway? Why would you fire a rocket with no target do math.

Doesn't make sense for the Egyptian military to do that.

Edit: Plus Egyptian military's lack of coordination with Egyptian air traffic? Bullsht

edit on 6-11-2015 by Blissful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blissful

It's a rocket not a missile. That means the target is on the ground somewhere, not in the air.

As for no coordination, it happens. Four days ago India test fired a Brahmos missile and no one told air traffic control so the airspace the missile went through remained open and commercial traffic went through it.

m.firstpost.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I deal with awr movies the same way.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It had to have been an unguided rocket.

Would they have spotted a RPG .

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Let's not forget in all these goings on that Obama and Co. have an intense dislike for the current regime in Egypt.

In essence, they kicked out the 'Brotherhood'.....and basically allied with Israel, to some extent.

All of this is hurting the general Egyptian economy, so perhaps Isis or an affiliate...then again....

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
On BBC TV news now too.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Maybe it needs to ~look~ like an attack was attempted on a UK plane, so Russia is less suspicious.

I was thinking RPG all the way.
edit on 7-11-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Probably RAF trained, they are perhaps the greatest pilots in the world and that is not a boast.

This is damning evidence that the Egyptian government is covering up a more dangerous terrorist presence in there country than they want to admit, if as likely this was not a military excercise as the Egyptian military said at the time them it means the obvious likelyhood is that the terrorist groups in egypt and the sinai region have anti aircraft missiles.

Thankfully it was either a non self guiding missile so maybe a type similar to the home made missiles of Hezbollah or it had nearly spent it fuel trying to reach the high altitude civilian flight as it passed overhead.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join