It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Key Clinton emails did not contain highly classified secrets, inquiry finds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Key Clinton emails did not contain highly classified secrets, inquiry finds

The U.S. intelligence community has retreated from claims that two emails in Hillary Clinton’s private account contained top secret information, a source familiar with the situation told POLITICO.

The determination came from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper’s office and concluded that the two emails did not include highly classified intelligence secrets. Concerns about the emails' classification helped trigger an on-going FBI inquiry into Clinton's private email set-up.

Intelligence Community Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III made the claim that two of the emails contained top secret information, the State Department publicly stated its disagreement and asked Clapper’s office to referee the dispute. Now, that disagreement has been resolved in State’s favor, said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Intelligence officials claimed one email in Clinton’s account was classified because it contained information from a top secret intelligence community “product” or report, but a further review determined that the report was not issued until several days after the email in question was written, the source said.

"The initial determination was based on a flawed process," the source said. "There was an intelligence product people thought [one of the emails] was based on, but that actually postdated the email in question."

So there we go, even the feds didn't find anything wrong with the emails. Now naturally, I'm sure some of you won't consider this good enough and will continue to say that she broke the law, but the State disagrees now.

I'm still not going to vote for her, and would prefer her not to be the next President, but I'm going to move on from this email controversy. It looks like staying on it will be just like beating a dead horse. Nothing new will come up, and it's not going to derail her campaign any.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This shows that Bernie Sanders was right, as was Hillary Clinton, and if the GOP continues using it as an issue it's just to stir old ghosts into the political soup.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Whew what a relief now we can put the issue to rest since a government panel has cleared any wrong doing. I dont know what we would do without such fine groups as the Warren Commission or the 9/11 commission. No more pesky questions lets sweep this under the rug like whitewater.

edit on 6-11-2015 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

So who would you trust to clear Hillary's name, or is no solution except her being guilty good enough for you?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Its not like she is well connected or anything. What do you mean by guilt? You say no classified info but she still broke the law so guilt isnt the issue here.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You know what I mean. Stop deflecting and answer the question.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The determination came from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper’s office and concluded that the two emails did not include highly classified intelligence secrets.

Anything that has Clapper's seal on it is golden... nothing to see here..

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There is nothing to clear. She broke the law. Now people want to wiggle and writhe saying "well it wasn't THAT bad see no classified information, this time." If she didn't do anything intentionally than that means she is incompetent and not fit for duty. So which is it? The people who arent swayed to go along with every issue on party lines are pretty tired of her and her husband popping up in scandal after scandal and coming out smelling like roses. I still remember clear as day her husband arguing on television about the interpretation of the word "if". Give me a break.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I frankly think both her and Bill are liars on many subjects and even if Jesus and the Baby Jesus came down from Heaven and anointed them with oil I would not vote for her under any circumstances.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

There is nothing to clear. She broke the law. Now people want to wiggle and writhe saying "well it wasn't THAT bad see no classified information, this time." If she didn't do anything intentionally than that means she is incompetent and not fit for duty. So which is it? The people who arent swayed to go along with every issue on party lines are pretty tired of her and her husband popping up in scandal after scandal and coming out smelling like roses. I still remember clear as day her husband arguing on television about the interpretation of the word "if". Give me a break.

broke what law?......

scandal after scandal?.....

are you from a communist country?.....or Iran?.....or north Korea?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I frankly think both her and Bill are liars on many subjects and even if Jesus and the Baby Jesus came down from Heaven and anointed them with oil I would not vote for her under any circumstances.

I'm shocked!.....you, YOU, not voting for Clinton?.....

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

So says an unknown source.....

I'll quote the last part of your story.

State Department spokesman John Kirby said Friday he was unaware of any resolution of the classification issue by Clapper's office.

Read more: www.politico.com...

So, really in fact there is no real resolution.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So in other words, nothing said is going to clear Hillary's name for you. Well even though you can't answer a simple question with a straight answer, I can read between the lines of what you are saying.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

I'm shocked!.....you, YOU, not voting for Clinton?.....

It should not shock anyone. I equally detest just about all politicians.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
This shows that Bernie Sanders was right,

Well actually even Bernie has changed his tune.

If her email practices foiled public-records requests or compromised classified
information, those are “valid questions,” Mr. Sanders said.

Bernie Calls Hillary email Investigation Valid!
edit on 6-11-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta

Its not like she is well connected or anything. What do you mean by guilt? You say no classified info but she still broke the law so guilt isnt the issue here.

It might have been classified information.

It just wasn't classified as top secret.

From what I understand, there are several classifications. It might have just been classified as "secret".

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So does this mean Hillary Clinton is not actually a scum bag, and we should vote for her?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
She gets a pass because the establishment is scared #less of a Trump presidency. Lucky for Hilary the Bush name is the political touch of death and there are no other establishment officials capable of taking on Trump.

If it's a choice between Trump and Clinton than I give up on all humanity.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
So does this mean Hillary Clinton is not actually a scum bag, and we should vote for her?

That's your decision to make. I already said that I'm not voting for her still in the OP, which I take it you didn't read. Otherwise you'd know that your "clever" quip here wasn't so clever.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Frosty the Hag is pulling the old slick Willy move "Depends on what the meaning of classified is." This is a play right out of the Clinton crime family book.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join