It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson Suffering from Mental Illness?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It is a common political tactic to question the sanity of the politician, so as to avoid having to discuss his arguments. That's what that entire opinion piece is—an avoidance of rational discussion, so as to digress into ad hominem. Sociopath, insane, psychotic—none of these ad hoc pseudo-diagnosis are true.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If "lying" is a mental illness then he's sick as hell right now.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
If "lying" is a mental illness then he's sick as hell right now.

really, and why is he sick as hell? because of a statement they came out and admitted wasnt true? ONE statement?

Hmm ok , nice to see how your barometer is calculated, should give us some insight on the accuracy of any future comments..

Nice to see the left being so objective

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
LoL no he wasnt, there was PLENTY of questionable stuff that was in Obamas past that was looked over,

What do you mean, "Looked over"? ALL the rumors were in the MSM at some point. And we certainly talked about EVERY possible butt-wart here. He was totally vetted.

and if you questioned it you were a RACIST BIGOT, plain and simple

And so what? Even if that were true, can't you take being called something? I've been called a lot worse and it's NEVER stopped me from saying what I believe. Buck up. You can't cry like a baby just because someone calls you a name.

Interesting how that narrative doesnt play out the same when the "black man" is conservative

Maybe if we were questioning his birth certificate, his religion, his place of birth, his schools, his wife's dissertation (racist), his sexuality, his ties to terrorism, his NAME, his every word about race, and on and on, you'd have a good reason to think it was because of his race... But that's not what's being questioned. He has ADMITTED to lying. Doesn't have anything to do with his race.
edit on 11/6/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I can see some of what you are saying, but I was bombarded with emails from some of my more conservative friends for the first 4 years of his presidency (including the general election time right before he was elected) with:

Obama cartoons with gold teeth & chains, Obama on a monkey's body, Obama on a safari labeled his "homecoming", and hundreds of other photo shopped, hacked apart, and flat out dishonest crap. I don't remember too many chants of "racist!" because it said like "If Obama is elected he'll try to pass universal healthcare".

But bring on the Monkeys, the Osama Bin Obama, and the Birth Certificate crap, then yeah, motives might be questioned.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

*Oh God. First time I've ever seen BH use all caps. I'm scared*

(Love ya BH)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

And so what? Even if that were true, can't you take being called something? I've been called a lot worse and it's NEVER stopped me from saying what I believe. Buck up. You can't cry like a baby just because someone calls you a name.

Not only that, but especially if the name-calling is untrue, it reflects the stupidity of the one who does the name-calling more than it says anything about who was called the name.

I'm glad you see things that way. Kudos.
edit on 6-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Lol. I find it hilarious that when someone picks on a Republican that automatically means they're left wing. I think your comment here highlights one of the biggest problems with America today, bipartisanship.

God forbid someone not agreeing with either side of the aisle. I'm neither left nor right, I just see Carson for what he is: just another politician lying out of his teeth to get elected. Same goes with Hillary too.

I don't call him a liar just because he's a Republican, I call him a liar because he is a liar.

edit on 11/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

He wasnt vetted, if he had been vetted he wouldnt have been elected

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Lol. I find it hilarious that when someone picks on a Republican that automatically means they're left wing. I think your comment here highlights one of the biggest problems with America today, bipartisanship.

God forbid someone not agreeing with either side of the aisle. I'm neither left nor right, I just see Carson for what he is: just another politician lying out of his teeth to get elected. Same goes with Hillary too.

I don't call him a liar just because he's a Republican, I call him a liar because he is a liar.

Except that your "Sick as hell" comment doesnt seem to hold water, seeing as there was only one situation that he might have lied about.........

again your barometer is broke

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

But I guess when a black conservative man does it, it's terrible.

Well, well, well....Look who's pullin the race card now.

LOLOLOLOLOL

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Perhaps you can tell us what he has lied about?

There is way more to the story that is not covered in the politico gotcha article.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

He lied about getting a scholarship and attending West Point. I think that speaks enough about his character.
edit on 11/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

He lied about getting a scholarship and attending West Point. I think that speaks enough about his character.

BS

It just shows the level of intellect that you work with.

Do some actual research before you spread more lies.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Obama was vetted to death...up down backwards and forwards. Including anything he wrote.

This is not about how a black person should act or think. It is about just Ben Carson and how he acts. He sometimes sounds catatonic.

I'm not a rightwinger nor have I ever belonged to the republican party. But this is simply not true. He was probably vetted to your satisfaction, but I had questions and had to dig up the answers myself.

Namely his image as a political outsider. Turns out his family has long time ties to the very same company at the center of the Clinton/Vince Foster/banking spy scandal which, in turn, is connected to the Bush/CIA drug-running out of Mena. I found that connection on my own and I would have loved if someone in the press had dug into the importance of that connection.

But no one did.

edit on 6-11-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What am I lying about? Carson has already admitted he lied about it. Not sure how pointing out his lie means I'm lying.

And did you just imply I'm stupid? Thanks for that, real classy of you dead.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
He must really scare you. You have been fixated on Dr. Carson for several days now. Maybe you need the help and not Dr. Carson.

Who is 'you'?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It is a common political tactic to question the sanity of the politician, so as to avoid having to discuss his arguments. That's what that entire opinion piece is—an avoidance of rational discussion, so as to digress into ad hominem. Sociopath, insane, psychotic—none of these ad hoc pseudo-diagnosis are true.

It is an opinion piece. In regard to Carson, I personally have thought these things. I am not attacking him just to attack him. I don't disagree it is a tactic that is used. But I am not using it that way.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He seems self medicated. Maybe his brain thinks faster then he can say it I have a few friends that way
so much going on in their heads they try to pick the way they say things to make sense.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: reldra

Obama was vetted to death...up down backwards and forwards. Including anything he wrote.

This is not about how a black person should act or think. It is about just Ben Carson and how he acts. He sometimes sounds catatonic.

I'm not a rightwinger nor have I ever belonged to the republican party. But this is simply not true. He was probbly vetted to your satisfaction, but I had questions and had to dig up the answers myself.

Namely his image as a political outsider. Turns out his family has long time ties to the very same company at the center of the Clinton/Vince Foster/banking spy scandal which, in turn, is connected to the Bush/CIA drug-running out of Mena. I found that connection on my own and I would have loved if someone in the press had dug into the importance of that connection.

But no one did.

Every inch of his life was looked at. His book was vetted. His place of birth investigated to no end. So, you found out Obama's family is linked to Bush/CIA drug running and no one else did? That is quite a story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join