It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is the most revealing yet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
As long as I'm immersed in John William's score at volume 11 in a good theater, I'm good.

That music sends tingles and brings me back to that summer in 77 when I was 11... total magic when that opening unrolled.

But man, the prequels blew... and really, the rest doesn't hold up well to the adult in me, but that original flick was pure magic.

Here's hoping for a little more...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I watched an interview with Mark Hammil on YT. He said that JJ grew up as a SW fan, so knows exactly what fans want.
Judging from the trailers... we could quite possibly be in for the best SW yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I watched an interview with Mark Hammil on YT. He said that JJ grew up as a SW fan, so knows exactly what fans want.
Judging from the trailers... we could quite possibly be in for the best SW yet.

I'd like to see that. Can you post a link?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm so looking forward to more Kylo Ren, hopefully he is an integral part to the Trilogy and last to the end

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

If it doesnt work, type in YT, mark hamill panel highlights.
I didnt know how much he likes to joke around. Hes actually pretty funny in this!

Seems there is aALOT of the casts in that series of videos!
edit on 7-11-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I can't wait....just going to be well embarrassed when I cry in the cinema probably six seven times
Cried at every trailer so I better take tissues.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure Luke is the one with the cool new red lightsaber and mask. I have a feeling he eventually turned to the dark side, Yoda predicted it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'm pretty sure Luke is the one with the cool new red lightsaber and mask. I have a feeling he eventually turned to the dark side, Yoda predicted it.

Actually, Yoda was giving Luke a warning. He also told Luke to remember what he had learned, as it could save him from the dark side. And it did. Luke chose to risk his own life instead of joining Vader.
JJ could go that route, but he would become the most hated director in the world by millions of fans. Let alone ruin the franchise. According to the "leaked" story line. Luke is in hiding just like Obi Wan was in episode 4. Han and Chewi find him.
edit on 11/7/2015 by Klassified because: oops

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It is not him.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's either the child of luke or han.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It's either the child of luke or han.

Do you really want to know?

edit on 7-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'll know dec 18/19th :p

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Good man. You took the same route as Boymonkey.

Much more fun that way.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Good man. You took the same route as Boymonkey.

Much more fun that way.

I have a good idea of who it is, if the leaks have any truth to them.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Poor Chewie

Yeah, it really does look like Chewie as the one Rey is crying over in the trailer.
I thought this during the 3rd trailer, but this one pretty much seals the deal. Whether he's dead or wounded though...who knows. My guess is that Han Solo will bite it in the film. He wanted the character to die earlier in the films, but pretty sure Harrison just wants to go out Solo style.

Yes, the prequels were kind of bad...at first...but surprisingly, at least for me, seeing them again later, I can appreciate them much more for some reason. Same with the original movies. Sure, they lose something seen with adult eyes, but still the whole deal is just magical.

Personally, if the trailers are any indication, it seems JJ is hitting it right on the mark, and if anything, I'm near to hoping these new movies will be even BETTER than the originals. I know, I know, that's a tall order, but I think we're going to see it. Granted, I think part of that is the inclusion of elements of the original.

My guess, and it's only a guess so far, is that Rey and Ren are fraternal twins (like Luke and Leia) but of Han and Leia. Though how they get from point A (being the kids of two famous rebellion leaders) to point B (scavenger on a backwater planet and leader of Sith) is beyond me....so I could be way off base. The hot shot pilot is probably Luke's kid (though who's the mom?), while the obvious choice for Finn's dad is of course Lando.

Or, more likely, they have no relation to the previous characters at all.

(and yeah, betting he got the helmet from Endor, and Vader's funeral pyre/tomb, etc.)

Either way, we've already got our tickets for opening night, and we'll be in full Jedi garb like our fellow geeks!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Here is a trailer that splices all footage together some of the scenes I had not seen before.
Set to a Williams classic from the PT

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks for that. Definitely a few scenes I haven't seen before either. Total goose bumps. Man, this gets better and better with every few additional seconds of footage I see.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If theaters were smart, they'd sell special Star Wars tissue packs at the concession stands. I have a feeling I'm going to need one. Sad as that is....

My bet is the second I hear the score, and see words scroll in the beginning....leak city.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join