It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of Fox Lake officer a 'carefully staged suicide'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The death of Fox Lake, Illinois, police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz was "a carefully staged suicide," Lake County Major Crimes Task Force commander George Filenko said Wednesday. "This staged suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts that Gliniewicz had been committing."

Gliniewicz was under increasing levels of stress from scrutiny into what the investigators found to be criminal activity, Filenko said.

The officer had been stealing and laundering money from the police department program that mentored young people hoping to become law enforcement officers, Filenko said. Gliniewic was a leader in that program, and had been stealing money for at least seven years, he said.

Death of Fox Lake officer a 'carefully staged suicide'

This just posted:

(CNN)[Breaking news update, 11:31 a.m. ET]

If I am reading this correctly, they are saying that the 'hero cop' was stealing money from the programs he was in charge of?

Character assassination or legitimate allegation?

This opens up a huge can of worms in this case.

Thoughts?

Wanted to add this further excerpt:

The shooting

Gliniewicz was wearing a bulletproof vest at the time he was shot, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation. One of the officials said Gliniewicz was hit by two shots -- one stopped by his bulletproof vest, and another entered his torso at a downward angle.

So we are being asked to believe that this officer shot himself twice? Once having been stopped by the bullet proof vest and then once more at an angle which avoided the vest.

I am flabbergasted.
edit on 4-11-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: more to say

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Or perhaps he was "suicided" to cover up even deeper corruption than the stuff he was involved in.

Perhaps he was going to break the "blue code" and rat out higher authorities.

Suicide by shooting one's self in the torso to die in horrible pain and suffering....I don't think so.

Elaborately staged suicide....yeah right!

edit on 4-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If it's a staged suicide, why is two shots so hard to believe? It's part of staging it. Two shots to the torso looks a hell of a lot less like suicide than one to the dome, doesn't it? Think you've already answered that one.

Why suicide, then?

Answer: survivor benefits. Possibly saving his reputation. Any number of reasons.

I'm really utterly perplexed as to why the notion of suicide by a dirty cop, if he indeed was, is so foreign to people.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

What a wild case, it'll be interesting to see where the PD goes with this. It doesn't look good for them regardless though...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Didn't an ATS member post a thread a little while back saying that this would be the announcement? I cant remember who it was, but they said that they had heard it from an old friend I believe and ATS blasted him for not revealing his source.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh, I agree that two to the chest beats one to the brain-pan in regards to it being designed to look like homicide rather than suicide.

I just have a hard time wrapping the fact of being able to do that the second time after taking one to the vest just moments (or however long a time passed) prior.

I seem to remember articles mentioning that officer Gliniewicz might have been involved with investigations in to the chief and possible corrupt practices, or I may be mis-remembering.

If that were the case, what about officer Gliniewicz being framed as a means to thwart whatever investigation he was involved in?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well, it will be difficult to defend himself now. If he didn't do it someone is going to get away with murder...literally.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A dirty copy, or a troubled cop.
A woman I worked with cop husband attempted to suicide....and failed. She had to quit work to take care of him....a life sentence of sorrow. I believe he suffered from Vietnam-era PTSD.

"We have determined this staged suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts that Gliniewicz had been committing in fact he was under increasing levels of personal stress from scrutiny of his management of the Fox Lake Police Explorer program," Filenko said.

A tragedy indeed, but it was also a horribly selfish act....his fellow officers put their lives, and the lives of innocent citizens, at risk looking for his "killer"!!!!!!!!!!

That is what is MOST troubling.
edit on Wed Nov 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Taking a round to the vest isn't fun, but it's rarely incapacitating. It hurts, but let's presume that this is what "they" say it is.

He's committed to carrying out his act. He knows if he can pull it off, his family is going to get paid. I really don't think it's much of a reach at all for him to shoot himself in the vest and then deliver the fatal shot.

Free thought project ran a story claiming he was central to a corruption investigation of the chief. But, bear in mind that the chief announced his resignation before the shooting. Way back in August. The chief was already being investigated before this officer was killed. Not only was he being investigated, but he had already announced he would resign.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that he was offed to shut him up? No, not at all. But I'm not so quick to dismiss it being a staged suicide, especially if he himself was taking money that wasn't his.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Didn't an ATS member post a thread a little while back saying that this would be the announcement?

Yes, here is the thread....dated September 10th....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Wed Nov 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I believe he committed suicide, I just dont believe it took them any where near this long to figure it out.

Them keeping up this BS charade of 3 gunmen to play into the war on cops bs and their agenda is so deliberate its almost amusing.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

If it's a staged suicide, why is two shots so hard to believe? It's part of staging it. Two shots to the torso looks a hell of a lot less like suicide than one to the dome, doesn't it? Think you've already answered that one.

Why suicide, then?

Answer: survivor benefits. Possibly saving his reputation. Any number of reasons.

I'm really utterly perplexed as to why the notion of suicide by a dirty cop, if he indeed was, is so foreign to people.

The same can be said in reverse.

Removal of survivor benefits

What are the odds of a vest working at point blank range?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Is it out of the realm of possibility that he was offed to shut him up? No, not at all. But I'm not so quick to dismiss it being a staged suicide, especially if he himself was taking money that wasn't his.

I'm in the middle on this. I'd like to see what they found was done with all of the money is is supposed to have stolen (embezzled?) from the organization he worked with.

To me, there's just a strange disconnect between a cop who wants to make sure his family is taken care of through a life insurance policy by faking a suicide and one who would steal from a group which was so beneficial to so many people.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Odd there was a live briefing about an explosive on that Russian flight and quickly went to breaking news on this story and 5 people stabbed in Merced, Ca. I think.

More distractions? I hope something BIG isn't about to happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's a shame that things like this happen. I think it just comes down to people being selfish and greedy.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The odds are pretty good, depending on the type of vest and the caliber of weapon used.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I can see that side of it. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I can see it.

For me, if he was taking the money to do stuff for his family, then that would line up with the suicide for me. What I heard doesn't sound like he was taking money for himself specifically, but for his family.

But right now it's a whole bunch of speculation and guesswork.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Yet the odds if no penetration of a person being capable of anything for the next few minutes is grim.

Really have you seen a .45 at point blank range being fired at a human?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You can quite easily go watch any number of videos from the owner of Second Chance shooting himself, point blank, with magnum handgun rounds and not only staying on his feet but remaining functional, including engaging targets after shooting himself. His son now does the exact same product demonstrations. Point Blank also has videos of, you guessed it, point blank shots to a vest and the wearer remains functional.

That's kind of the whole point of body armor. To keep you in the fight. Not to protect you juuuust enough to be completely incapacitated and vulnerable to whomever just shot you.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That is why I asked you in particular.

So it is possible but considered to be out of the ordinary and would likely take training to replicate with the same outcome.

I think at the very least if even possible for this officer it made him a badass if he pulled it off.

What about the two perps spotted? I will go research further.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join