It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hi ATS, members, mods and lurkers alike!

I have been lurking since at least 2008, perhaps earlier. Until now I have been reticent to commit to online discussion as I know I will never convince anyone who doesn't already question what is fed to them in the media, and apparently paid shills do exist to distract from reasonable discussion, so why fight? I wish to add my voice to the ocean of dissent in the vain hope that maybe my words could somehow help to even slightly open someone's mind someday.

The main topic that led me to discover ATS in the first place was 9/11, and it is that which has drawn me to eventually become a participating member. I finally decided I could no longer stand idly by after another long night of "research" (more accurately - poring over "information" from all sides as I do often, at least a few times every month. Last night I was checking out the ATC audio recordings from that day and aside from the devastating contents of the tapes, I pretty much cried actual tears of despair upon reading some of the comments on that video. Mostly from the kind of people who could be paid operatives or simply overzealous patriots and will resort to character assumptions and personal insults to deflect any rational discussion of the issues. I'm looking at both sides, as some of the "truthers" out there are making us rational folks look stupid by jumping to ridiculous conclusions with no evidence or reasoning.

I have spent years looking at all of the possible angles and have not yet come up with a solid conclusion. NO-ONE who wasn't actually present for the event(s) or in positions of power in the affected nations at the time can possibly claim to know anything of what happened. The only thing I believe (beliefs are a slippery slope) is that the truth has not been told. When the 9/11 commission report book cover is adorned with a red banner that reads "AUTHORISED VERSION" and makes no mention of WTC7, questions must be asked. When the only people commenting are either staunchly pro-government or strictly no-plane theorists, something is wrong with the discourse.
(I know that by and large it is only idiots who comment on YouTube videos but this is indicative of a silent rational majority, too embarrassed and not informed enough to lay waste to these two very disparate, yet equally incorrect attitudes.)

Being 9 years old, I was at school on September 11th, 2001. I recall being hastily gathered in the hall for a snap assembly and promptly sent home (this is in the UK) - just in time to see the second plane impact live on TV. My family had friends in NY and we shared the panic of thousands who had loved ones near the scene - "are they okay?" "what's going to be next?", all of it. We went to visit those friends in October 2002 and what I most vividly remember about America (along with unbelievably sweet candy, oddly cheerful dispositions and full breakfasts for 99 cents) was visiting Ground Zero. The clean-up operation was still ongoing, not a smile to be seen there, all sullen faces and a big high barrier around the perimeter. Stalls selling WTC commemorative keyrings stood in front of the fences where people had put up pictures, trinkets and descriptions of loved ones they hoped could still be found in the wreckage.

I remember thinking even then as a that something wasn't quite right, how the most powerful nation on Earth - as I'd been indoctrinated to believe of the US - could have allowed this to happen on their territory when they supposedly have legions of fighter jets ready at a moments notice to intercept/shoot down a plane that veers dramatically off course and doesn't respond to ATC.

Later when I was taught about the JFK assassination in history lessons was perhaps when I realised that hidden money leads the global agenda while public individuals try to justify, cover-up and take/apportion blame for the decisions made behind closed doors.

I realised that the government I live under doesn't take the majority opinion of the public as the arbiter of what should dictate policy (eg Iraq) so why should it be different over the pond?

It's not. Your leaders seem to care even less about public opinion as the allegedly pig-molesting, poor-slaughtering, Bullingdon toryboy scum Dave Camoron [sic] and his cabinet do over here (unless of course the opinion can be manufactured/twisted to meet the overriding agenda of the day).

I do have other interests relevant to ATS beside 9/11, encompassing all kinds of corruptions, politics - particularly at the moment the Trump phenomenon, religious prophecies, the role of the media, aircraft/spacecraft projects and the paranormal/supernatural including astral projection, magick and aliens. (These recent blue fireball meteors are also mighty interesting to me)

I am agnostic, and I think this is reflected across my worldview - uncertainty in all things unless I saw or experienced it for myself (and even then I could have misinterpreted). I am much more interested in endless (yet rational) possibilities than cultivating an opinion on events the true facts of which will forever remain outside of our understanding.

If you got this far - thanks for reading my introduction! I hope to be able to be more of an active observer than just a passive lurker from now on. Feel free to ask any questions or point me in the direction of well-reasoned theories or any new 9/11 footage I might not have seen (I'd specifically like good clear video of 1st impact and the Pentagon strike, but wouldn't we all...)

Many thanks,
TheDudeMinds

edit on 4-11-2015 by TheDudeMinds because: overuse of the word "finally"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I Can't claim to know the whole story behind 9/11. What is officially acknowledged is that an operative we once supported as an ally against communism turned on us. Our leaders seem to have learned nothing from our experience in the Middle East, and our current involvement doesn't seem well thought out.

I understand people's disgust at turning 9/11 into a circus. The aftereffects of the event certainly deserve scrutiny though (such as the Patriot Act and the on going war in the Middle East). If you're hoping reason and humility can resolve arrogance manipulation and shortsightedness, good luck to you.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Holy crap, I did get that far.

Welcome aboard, what an insightful introduction post. I looked forward to future thoughts.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
Welcome to ATS. I Can't claim to know the whole story behind 9/11. What is officially acknowledged is that an operative we once supported as an ally against communism turned on us. Our leaders seem to have learned nothing from our experience in the Middle East, and our current involvement doesn't seem well thought out.

I understand people's disgust at turning 9/11 into a circus. The aftereffects of the event certainly deserve scrutiny though (such as the Patriot Act and the on going war in the Middle East). If you're hoping reason and humility can resolve arrogance manipulation and shortsightedness, good luck to you.

Like Saudia Arabia/Israel? It would be the only logical explanation outside of our own intelligence apparatus. Which if true would be more infuriating seeing how we still play grab ass with them. I'd rather the idea of American madmen trying to position for a uni-polar world. .....Ego and all that.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If that was just your intro, can't wait to check your future threads.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Thanks for the warm welcome VP

Glad you're not claiming to know the answers, that's why we're here after all!

Ohh yes! Is it unclear who turned on who first? I recall Bin Laden himself talking about the towers in his home town being bombed by the US and that being his motivation behind attacks on the West, but it could also easily be a more straightforward case of him taking the money and doing a runner...for sure both sides aren't blameless and the US has a history of screw ups when they make deals with insurgents or as we called them most recently "moderate rebels"...

If you're hoping reason and humility can resolve arrogance manipulation and shortsightedness, good luck to you.

Haha! No such optimism here, I expect to encounter negativity and trolling at every step, I can only hope that we can all collectively keep our cool in such situations and not "stoop to their level"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Holy crap, I did get that far.

Welcome aboard, what an insightful introduction post. I looked forward to future thoughts.

Thank you Rosinitiate! I've seen your name around - most memorably your thread on MH17 was the first time I'd seen that speech where Lagarde drops the weird numerology bomb on us

Reminds me to mention my interest in numerology too, I have always found the 11:11 phenomenon fascinating - I had a friend who often tried to explain his interdimensional theories about it but I've never been able to fully subscribe to their train of thought, to me it's a nice reminder of duality and the fact that sometimes things line up for you. The 11-pointed star or hendecagram is interesting for duality, as various sources point to it as representing the tree of knowledge, both "good" and "evil"...of which it is reckoned we all need a decent balance of in order to remain stable.

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Like Saudia Arabia/Israel? It would be the only logical explanation outside of our own intelligence apparatus. Which if true would be more infuriating seeing how we still play grab ass with them. I'd rather the idea of American madmen trying to position for a uni-polar world. .....Ego and all that

Ever since I began this search for good info I have been baffled as to why the West is so intricately involved with Saudi Arabia and Israel...Saudi appears to be just an oil deal, but I always think there must be more to it than just money. I have unconventional views on Israel that may not be popular - such as that telling all of the Jews to "go to the Homeland" is pretty much what the Fuhrer wanted, and considering people part of the diaspora if they don't live within the boundaries that the Allies drew up for them after WW2 is perhaps a bit cruel?

Maybe I'm just an ignorant Westerner who knows nothing of these issues? If someone knows exactly why modern segregation is being militarily enforced in an area that used to be shared between at least 3 different faiths, I'm all ears!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDudeMinds

Welcome to ATS!

Normally I'm not keen on anything 9/11 related since a lot of it is barmy as hell but reading you're intro was quite refreshing.

I agree with the views you shared, it was always a mystery to me how the most secure coast on the planet was caught so easily off guard. I remember that day well, I was off school like many of my schools pupils. First week back 1/3 of my school caught a nasty chest infection so I got to see most of the news reports.

A sad day for Earth.

I also vividly remember the Tomahawks landing on Baghdad
Nasty stuff.

Anyways, someone will be round with cookies and hopefully milk very soon I'm guessing

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
If that was just your intro, can't wait to check your future threads.

Haha thanks Trueman
I haven't had many great ideas for new threads yet, so far all that comes to mind is some predictions I scribbled down from a Sudanese guy I met a couple years ago who reckoned he knew the "game plan" for Chad, Sudan, Syria and Libya. At the time I wrote them down I think we'd only just deposed Gaddafi and the Syria situation was unknown to the general public, so since 1/2 of his drunken ramblings have come true it might be worth exploring why exactly he thinks Chad and Sudan are to be in the firing line...

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thanks Ray! That first bit means a lot because I'm really sick of the totally barmy theories myself, I have just had an idea for a thread about the craziest theories and how they may well be valid but when we have some rational, tangible points to make about the events, it should be those that we focus on rather than wildly speculative theories that really deflect from the real issues

I find it very interesting that everyone I speak to remembers that day so vividly, perhaps the largest ever psychological mass-trauma global event?

As for the first news reports of us blowing bits of Iraq up, in hindsight Bliar [sic] says it was a mistake, and many would argue he knew that at the time, because it has been alleged that he was the one who falsified the evidence he is now denouncing, saying he was "misinformed" - casting aspersions towards GWB no doubt. Regardless of the info he received he could've looked at history and seen how well the first gulf war went. Or how the public (at least in the UK) were dead against it. But that doesn't matter when the real masterminds are funding both sides of an endless war on a concept they invented :p

I look forward to the milk and cookies

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Your leaders seem to care even less about public opinion as the allegedly pig-molesting, poor-slaughtering, Bullingdon toryboy scum Dave Camoron

CameraOn: who on Ceres cares?

Anyway. Glad you're finally here.
Welcome to your new life as fellow ATSlien!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Here is a cookie

And the milk

I look forward to your future threads, ATS loves a bit crazy as you may well know and you only need 10 more posts to start a thread

You might be interested in this thread too:
BTS: Avatar Creations 2015 Lovely bunch of creative artists that can help you set up your own individual avatar for your profile. They made mine

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Cameron couldn't care less about public opinion...
And PublicOpinion has no care for him either!

Thanks PO!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
Delicious

Yep I've got a few good notes for future threads, didn't think I would but once I start typing it all comes flooding out!

I've always wondered where avatars are displayed, I figured when I became a member I'd start to see them but I don't
are they only displayed on the full desktop site? Or on a particular page?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

perhaps the largest ever psychological mass-trauma global event?

Oh fun paper! You can do better. There are more tragedies with much deeper implications that brought about more change.

I have just had an idea for a thread about the craziest theories and how they may well be valid but when we have some rational, tangible points to make about the events, it should be those that we focus on rather than wildly speculative theories that really deflect from the real issues

I'm going to follow you. This sounds amazing. Showing people that aren't actually rational tangible and rational points!

What do you think are the real issues?

I'd love to see you stick around and author a thread, but I think you're scrabbling at a paper and don't really care.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
There are more tragedies with much deeper implications that brought about more change.

Alright I should perhaps have qualified that statement with "of our generation" or "in recent times" - thanks for pointing out the gap, or do you think there's something still more significant?

I'm going to follow you. This sounds amazing. Showing people that aren't actually rational tangible and rational points!

What do you think are the real issues?

Please do! I don't expect to be too fruitful, just another voice in the crowd.
I think some of the real issues we haven't got the full story of are: the money trail, Building 7, the 2nd plane used, the collapses, the Pentagon incident, and whether or not the Shanksville one was shot down. What do you reckon?

I'd love to see you stick around and author a thread, but I think you're scrabbling at a paper and don't really care.

I hope to see you in there! Thanks for the sceptical greeting

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I've always wondered where avatars are displayed, I figured when I became a member I'd start to see them but I don't are they only displayed on the full desktop site? Or on a particular page?

Indeed, I do see them as soon as I log in.
Could be due to your new account, maybe you'll need more posts to see them.

Keep rocking, I'm going to follow you as well.
Can't wait to read your take in our 9/11 threads.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I don't see avatars on my cellphone. I see them on my PC and tablet though.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Oh christ I'm sorry, your threads about Team Fortress, a really "fun and stupid" website and your search for a *vomits blood* "manly alternative to a purse" are so relevant and insightful.

I have asked questions in response to your hit + run here, no response yet...having taken a look at your content I think you're the one who doesn't care.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You are accepted, congratulations! (Nevermind that I have no authority to accept or reject anybody - LOL!)

Welcome to the wierd! It sounds like you have a lot to offer our community. Looking forward to your threads.

top topics

join