It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS in the flesh - too frightening to comprehend?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This community has gotten big enough, yet it still seems enough of a special interest group...I wonder: has anyone considered an ATS convention? I mean like where ATSrs actually show up and say "Aha! So THAT's the face behind all those posts! "

Heck if they had one in the DC area, I'd come out for it and buy a t-shirt while I was there.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Hell yeah I'd be there in a heartbeat! That's a really cool idea!
(Although that's my face right there, no surprises this time.)

We could invite keynote speakers from myriad schools of conspiracy (but who?)

I imagine we would have to have a fund-raiser (thread perhaps) to get the money together to pay guests, catering, venue, insurance, etc...

The biggest trouble is deciding where it would be, considering ATS members span across the globe.

Well that.... and convincing possibly the most paranoid milieu on the internet to gather in one well known place for an entire weekend, for the express purpose of throwing an "Above Top Secret Conspiracy Convention."

edit on PMq000000pmMonday00000011220 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks The thought crossed my mind and started imagining everyone dressed as their avatar or representing their avatar and we could all use our ATS names on name tags to keep the anonymity. There would be booths representing each different forum category, I don't know what would be in the booths but I'd be hanging around the food and cooking forum booth for sure.
It's easy to get carried away thinking about how life could be beyond the computer screen.
All in all it's just a day dream.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It has been discussed numerous times, and some small groups of members have met here and there. Getting everyone in a single place would not be easy though.

It would be easier to have one MASSIVE Skype. Lol.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Hahaha I imagine the folk with the most exciting warrior type avatars would be the ones who look least like their avatars!
I'd love to go, just to see that

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I take it you don't look anything like a million year old bashed up seashell?

Freakishly enough, I look nothing like my Avatar, although at times I feel exasperated, like the Kid.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ours is a very loose association of keyboards and screens. Putting on a convention takes a lot of time, money, effort, and planning. Deposits for venues are required. Speakers must be coaxed to show up, and though they may speak for free, they won't usually travel on their dimes. The Three Amigos have not seen fit to go to the trouble, preferring to run a web site instead. To put it bluntly, it's a different skill set.

If "we" want a convention, some Sugar Daddy is going to have to front tens of thousands of dollars for the costs and someone who has actually pulled off a convention before is going to have to put forth the energy to make it happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Behave, you know exactly what I mean, those folk depicting themselves as Knights in shining armour, or other warrior types lol, lame, you know full well most of them are nothing like that in real life.

...I'm a grain of sand on the beach of life as my electron microscope image of sand indicates, no ego bull# with me, unlike many many folk here on ATS lol

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: peppycat

Hahaha I imagine the folk with the most exciting warrior type avatars would be the ones who look least like their avatars!
I'd love to go, just to see that

Problem is my avatar is a mirror image, lol!

I would love to meet some of you folk. I don't get to meet too many people like you guys here. You are nice!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012

Hell yeah I'd be there in a heartbeat! That's a really cool idea!
The biggest trouble is deciding where it would be, considering ATS members span across the globe.

No bother there...The Slieve Donard Hotel, Newcastle County Down N.I. 180 rooms, Lovely sea views, and I'm only ten minutes away....sorted!
Come in mid August next year and have a private night with Van Morrison.

BTW, I'm guaranteed to get ya'll nished as a pewt.
edit on 2-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

You look like a reasonably attractive bloke, I imagine I would recognise you in the high street lol

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Boss Man already proposed a meet up in New York City but we have not heard anything on that since it was posted.

I think it could be fun, I would love to eat, erm, I mean meet all of you.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

There are those of us that took it upon ourselves to meet up

When Cody met Rodinus

When members of The shed thread met

Both were awesome weekends, not exactly a convention but fun nonetheless.

To be highly recommended

Cody

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Behave, you know exactly what I mean, those folk depicting themselves as Knights in shining armour, or other warrior types lol, lame, you know full well most of them are nothing like that in real life.

...I'm a grain of sand on the beach of life as my electron microscope image of sand indicates, no ego bull# with me, unlike many many folk here on ATS lol

Totally!

For the record, I do match my avatar. I'm a witch and my daughter calls me "Kitty" so... I think it's fairly representative.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Totally!

For the record, I do match my avatar. I'm a witch and my daughter calls me "Kitty" so... I think it's fairly representative.
That's an understandable position and I get that, you look friendly and open to debate, but those with swords in their hands like they are Centurions? Lame, and begging for image over content as far as I ever see it.

...I could be wrong of course, but the 'warrior' type avatar is common on ATS, invented reality, and lame.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I hear you, truly I do and I was jesting when I commented. I thought you would see that, being from the U.K.

Oh I forgot, you're Welsh, you're fully excused.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Boss Man already proposed a meet up in New York City but we have not heard anything on that since it was posted.

D'you mean Cap'n Birdseye actually said that?

edit on 2-11-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Oh I forgot, you're Welsh, you're fully excused.
Hahaha! Fair one...but we found agreement after mature exchanges...the crazy mix which is the UK functions because we all see those connections within our exchanges.

...'not being a twat' is the mantra children in the UK learn at nursery lol...English, Welsh, Scottish, or (N) Irish

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

D'you mean Cap'n Birdseye actually said that?
The man with the fishy fingers lol

...fishy could mean conspiratorial...ooh, questions haha

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yeah, and then nothing has come from it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join