It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time to wake up!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalFire

When you become older and wiser, you'll know better than to ever place your faith in man (as a collective), they will always disappoint and history has proven that time and time again.

edit on 1-11-2015 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think we need a new goal. Collectively, our species needs something to do.
We need to be looking for a project which transcends borders, policy, race etc...

Can we build something to rival the pyramids?
Maybe a much bigger space station? Could CERN be a few miles wider?

If god granted Earth 100 trillion dollars to spend on one massive project what would it be?
Something bigger than a generation of human lives. Something more than ending world hunger, or stopping all disease.
Its like in the movies when humans face the real threat of extinction and suddenly we become willing to sacrifice the many to save the few, work together, and unlock all resources.

I think thats what we need.
Hopefully we could harness that drive, without actually being in a crisis. Also it would be nice if we could avoid being hussled by some nefarious force into misguided action.

anyway, that's my rambling 2 cents on this one

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

When you become older and wiser, you'll know better than to ever place your faith in man (as a collective), they will always disappoint and history has proven that time and time again.

I totally agree that not everyone has the same intensions or understandings.. I still have faith in us though. I may be set up for dissapointment but i still believe we can make it. If you have no faith that is fine. Hopefully people will start to open their eyes sooner rather than later. We may be waiting a while

edit on 1-11-2015 by EternalFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Collectivism homogenizes individuality for the sake of promoting a collective, which is a fatal error, because collectives are made up of individuals.

No, we are not connected and "one with everything". So many people repeat this platitude but have no way of proving to themselves or others that it is in any way true. Some facts are demonstrably true, but banalities such as those repeated by collectivists are thought true purely because they have been repeated so many times.

How can you prove we are not all connected in some way?
edit on 1-11-2015 by EternalFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

And the assumption that your perspective is correct out of all possible perspectives is obviously correct.

The fact that you think there is a collective self is no more proof of its existence than the fact that billions of people believe there is a deity watching out for and protecting everyone, loving and caring for each one as they crawl their way through life to their painful demise.

FYI: the expression is nowadays

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Wake up to what you are.
Don't expect the world to wake up - it is made of dream stuff.

Haha Yesir

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

This is the truth. We're just animals existing inside the laws of nature. Only the arrogant human thinks he is anything more than that.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Deetermined

This is the truth. We're just animals existing inside the laws of nature. Only the arrogant human thinks he is anything more than that.

Everyone has an opinion i guess

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Evidence is good enough for me.

Death, for one. If I were to die you wouldn't notice, and would go about your day. If we are all connected in some way, surely you might notice some ill effect of the hundreds of thousands of connections dying on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But only if the "soul" would die. Who says it doesn't just leave the body and stays in connection with the global/species consciousness?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The burden of proof is on you. Prove that the soul remains after death. It is not on us to disprove something that is grounded in no amount of evidence.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Again, the burden of proof is on you. It is easy to prove that a human is an animal who exists among the laws of nature. The concept of collective consciousness is not grounded in any tangible facts so I ask that you show me real evidence that it exists anywhere except in fantasy.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

You're funny how could i prove that?
Duncan MacDougall proves the soul weighs 21 grams, but where they go... Who knows?

Also you can't deny the fact that our minds influence eachother. Mass hallucination, for example.

edit on 2-11-2015 by Peeple because: Add

edit on 2-11-2015 by Peeple because: Auto

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Evidence is good enough for me.

Death, for one. If I were to die you wouldn't notice, and would go about your day. If we are all connected in some way, surely you might notice some ill effect of the hundreds of thousands of connections dying on a daily basis.

There is not disturbance in the energy field when something dies. Just because "I" do not notice the death of something/someone does not mean we are not connected. Last time I checked... Energy could not be destroyed. The matter that consits of you may change but does not mean you "die".

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
it always comes to this, sooner or later here on ATS with spiritual topic and it is getting boring...

The burden of proof. WOW such big words like we are at the court ... hah!

Look, the burden is on your side. Many of us actually know for sure without a doubt that we are more than body/mind. Label what that more is whatever you prefer.

With regular meditation every curious person would get his own proof. If you are lazy or not interested enough than do not point fingers at others, it is your own fault!
And meditation is only one of many ways you can experience your real nature.

If some one is curious enough than he gets his proof on his own and is not waiting for someone other to do it.
Why are things not like that with sex. Does sex feel good? the burden of proof is on you, proof it!? hahah
Experience is what counts and nothing else and until you are a witness to wired #, you wont change your mind, so why bother others with proof?

But know that with thinking like that you are putting in a trash bin thousands of years old philosophies of Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Zen. They have many beautiful teachings about our nature of the mind, life, death, karma, which have persisted till today and have stood the test of time. They have teachings which describe exactly what to do and how to achieve other states of conciousness. Some of witch are full of bliss, like best orgasm you will never have with sex!

But this is off the topic. So instead we should put aside our beliefs here and all should rather contribute to the topic at hand. We are in this together and we will raise or fall together. What use will be your beliefs and proofs then?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
Look, the burden is on your side.

No, it is on the side making the claim.

So instead we should put aside our beliefs here and all should rather contribute to the topic at hand.

As long as you don't have to set yours aside, right?

We are in this together and we will raise or fall together. What use will be your beliefs and proofs then?

Yours won't be much better either.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

There is not disturbance in the energy field when something dies. Just because "I" do not notice the death of something/someone does not mean we are not connected. Last time I checked... Energy could not be destroyed. The matter that consits of you may change but does not mean you "die".

Yes, that's exactly what that means. Death is the permanent cessation of bodily functions. Once that occurs, you are what we call "deceased". We have thousands of years of documentation of this.

If you cannot feel the death of what you are supposedly connected to, what sorts of evidence are you relying on to convince yourself you are connected?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

But only if the "soul" would die. Who says it doesn't just leave the body and stays in connection with the global/species consciousness?

They are connected insofar as they are all words that have no reference to anything in the world.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalFire
We are so caught up in the "self identity" now of days. The world is full of hatred and violence as well as greed and egotism. We need to get in touch with the true self.. the collective self. In order to survive as a human species on this planet.. a shift in perspective is needed.

But it's what this discussion is about.
Our minds connection...

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Again, the burden of proof is on you. It is easy to prove that a human is an animal who exists among the laws of nature. The concept of collective consciousness is not grounded in any tangible facts so I ask that you show me real evidence that it exists anywhere except in fantasy.

When I talk about "collective consciousness" i am refering to everyone tapping into the source/energy around us. I was wrong in stating "collective" because there is only one counciousness. What i am trying to get at here is.. I am trying to give everyone the tool to tap into the whole.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join