It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bob Ross Twitch Marathon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 8fl0z

I'll have to politely disagree with you (kind of). Whilst there are a few trolls, for the most part the chat creates a fantastic atmosphere.
Thousands of people are watching and have created a myriad of memes that have grown over the days, most are based on typical gamer type chat.
Bob will be painted something wonderful, then reaches for some dark colours and makes a big blob, chat erupts with "RUINED" in good spirits. Then moments later when Bob builds the layers the cries turn into "SAVED" or even "VAC" (which relates to Valves anti-cheat software). Then at the end of each painting thousands type up "GG" (good game).

It's a bit of fun, but that is not all that is happening. It's wonderfully evident how touching Bob can be when he chats about other things in life. When he talked about his mother being sick in hospital and he called her the most wonderful lady in his life, the chat filled with thousands of little emoticons of faces with tears.
Those tears also appear when he talks about just wanting to see nature for the rest of his life and never be tired of it, people know what a sad loss it was and the outpouring of grief is very real and quite powerful.

Also, another star is "PEAPOD" which the entire chat loves, his pet pocket squirrel which has brings the chat together. Also very funny is when he cleans his brush by beating the devil out of it, chat erupts with "RIP DEVIL". Nobody is worried or bothered by him using those phrases or even 'God Bless' at the end of each episode. For once people are just enjoying a great show without letting religion creating a big issue. That's pretty incredible when you think about it, he's managed to let his heart show so much that people don't care about those kind of words. (I'm very anti-religion, but he doesn't shove it down your throat in any way - it's just a few harmless words - and the whole chat gets that, I think that's wonderful.)

So ignore the odd troll, and feel the love grow with others as we draw closer to the sad end. Each wonderful episode draws us closer to saying good bye for the last time.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
a reply to: 8fl0z

I'll have to politely disagree with you (kind of). Whilst there are a few trolls, for the most part the chat creates a fantastic atmosphere.
Thousands of people are watching and have created a myriad of memes that have grown over the days, most are based on typical gamer type chat.
Bob will be painted something wonderful, then reaches for some dark colours and makes a big blob, chat erupts with "RUINED" in good spirits. Then moments later when Bob builds the layers the cries turn into "SAVED" or even "VAC" (which relates to Valves anti-cheat software). Then at the end of each painting thousands type up "GG" (good game).

It's a bit of fun, but that is not all that is happening. It's wonderfully evident how touching Bob can be when he chats about other things in life. When he talked about his mother being sick in hospital and he called her the most wonderful lady in his life, the chat filled with thousands of little emoticons of faces with tears.
Those tears also appear when he talks about just wanting to see nature for the rest of his life and never be tired of it, people know what a sad loss it was and the outpouring of grief is very real and quite powerful.

Also, another star is "PEAPOD" which the entire chat loves, his pet pocket squirrel which has brings the chat together. Also very funny is when he cleans his brush by beating the devil out of it, chat erupts with "RIP DEVIL". Nobody is worried or bothered by him using those phrases or even 'God Bless' at the end of each episode. For once people are just enjoying a great show without letting religion creating a big issue. That's pretty incredible when you think about it, he's managed to let his heart show so much that people don't care about those kind of words. (I'm very anti-religion, but he doesn't shove it down your throat in any way - it's just a few harmless words - and the whole chat gets that, I think that's wonderful.)

So ignore the odd troll, and feel the love grow with others as we draw closer to the sad end. Each wonderful episode draws us closer to saying good bye for the last time.

"God Bless"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Dang, I should have said that!

I also got a screen-cap of that bird you mentioned! I had no idea he had so many little critters as his friends, apparently it was because he lived far out in the woods as a kid that his only friends were the creatures he met there. He's like a disney princess!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I've always loved Bob Ross, so I certainly am down for some soothing art lessons.

But I am curious... how did this recent surge in Bob Ross popularity start online? It seems as if he's almost become a meme lately. Even before this, I was seeing tweets about him, ASMR people posting videos about him, and just a general uptick in his name and jokes about how calming he is for weeks, if not months, now. Why? How?

Not that I mind lol. It's about time he got some more exposure again. I think he's wonderful.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

The very recent uptick is of course about the new Twitch Creative channel thingy that used him as their launch vehicle, not sure why the surge in the months before hand though? Maybe it's one of those freaky hive mind thingies that predicted it? I guess it could just be that he's awesome

Perhaps there is a rise in young folks who have grown up with nothing but smart phones and ipads and they just feel that burning urge to create something? To unleash that very human desire to create something real, physical? So when searching up painting lessons online, I guess with 400 odd episodes - even though passed - Bob Ross still reigns supreme in teaching art.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Yeah, that it was prior to the twitch promotion is what baffles me lol. I'd like to believe you're right, and that there's a shift among younger people toward an appreciation for "old" things that we grew up valuing such as this. Because, in particular when it comes to the arts, there are so, so many tools available to them now compared to when we were young - completely free in many cases - that it can only be a good thing imho.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
BE QUICK

The Final is on now!!!
140,000 viewers!

So many people saying thankyou, it's unreal

edit, 166,000 viewers now!
Last Chance to Watch Bob
edit on 6-11-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
One last extra vid! Yay!

What's been so moving is that throughout the 11 years, he has talked about his mom being sick in hospital. Then she died. Then his wife passed too. It makes you gulp knowing that in this last episode he was still beating that Devil out of his brush knowing he will very shortly die of cancer.

(the twitch chat was hard to read in the last pic, but it looked like this changing like 5 times a second. We all thought it was last episode, but it looks like it's this one now - grab those tissues!)

edit on 6-11-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ok, I'm very teary eyed now.
It ended with this mass-up song starring Bob.

Then almost 200,000 people all very moved read this simple message.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join